I'm Watchin "Red Tails" For The First Time...And I'm Angry...

Options
A1000MILES
A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
These ? dyin and killin for nothin, b...Like sure..."Honorable, patriotic, heroes, blah, blah"....But ? that ? ...

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Huh? Are you saying there was no meaning to their actions?

You know how many black people jump start their lives through careers in the military. Do you also know they probably wouldn't be able to do that if it wasn't for groups like the Tuskegee Airmen? I don't know about all that other stuff, but their sacrifices definitely paid off in the long run even if it's not obvious.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No...I was sayin that in the moment while I was watchin it...All I saw was a bunch of people...White and black...Puttin their lives on the line for reasons they didn't know and killin other people they didn't know...Like when they flew back to the enemy base and shot it up, they were competing to see who could ? more people...My issue was more with war itself, and what it does to soldiers...And as far as the black ones, they prolly came back after duty and got ? on in this same country they fought for...That's what made me mad, it's just ? up.

/feelings
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've seen documentaries like that. Dehumanizing your enemy does indeed dehumanize you.
  • MF_Doomerville
    MF_Doomerville Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll ? on a ? face with no ? given. I'm not racist or prejudice by the way.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    95% of all wars the mother fukcers fighting wont benefit in anyway from thier side winning...soldiers fallin in line to follow orders blindly ....wouldnt be much war w/o that
  • MF_Doomerville
    MF_Doomerville Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This isent a knock on anybody but every person I know that joined the service did so because they didn't have ? else going on in life and were too dumb for school so as long as the $ and benefits were there, they would do anything Uncle Sam needed them to do.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can only pray, that some of guys are doing some superb trollin...lol

• Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What did I just read?
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    One of the funniest (funny in a tragic way) things America has ever done was campaign and request the service of Black Americans in WWII to fight Germany's racism when they were treating Black Americans like ? in their own country.

Good ol' American hypocrisy