Bret Hart calls Triple H mediocre

Options
genocidecutter
genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LiLtAMCIm7M
"I said I'd give (Taker vs. HHH at WrestleMania 28) a 4-out-of-10. I think that was generous."

"I wouldn't put him in the top 1000 great wrestlers. To me he was very mediocre."

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I kind of agree. Undertaker vs HHH @ wrestlemania 17 was HHH's only classic match against the dead man
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited February 2013
    Options
    I kind of agree. Undertaker vs HHH @ wrestlemania 17 was HHH's only classic match against the dead man

Cant co sign you, but since you my bro I wont no sign you either.

Match quality HHH was on point for the MOST part, but STAR quality wise, like Cena he was over saturated and over marketed as being a bigger star than he was.. That being said...

HHH >>>> ? on Cena prime and career wise imo.

Bret exaggerated a bit imo but I get the gist.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »

Cant co sign you, but since you my bro I wont no sign you either.

Match quality HHH was on point for the MOST part, but STAR quality wise, like Cena he was over saturated and over marketed as being a bigger star than he was.. That being said...

HHH >>>> ? on Cena prime and career wise imo.

Bret exaggerated a bit imo but I get the gist.

I think HHH is the greatest of all time, but his classic matches are too few and far in between.
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go watch summer slam 89 brainbusters vs hart foundation, bret (as does anvil help) puts on a clinic of wrestling etc....and that was just a regular match ....but the story telling,,crowd psychology etc is top notch.

So I can see why Bret says what he does, hhh never added anything to the game really wrestling wise....doesn't mean he isn't talented....you could even back in his hunter Hearst Helmsley snob days and his matches with duke droese, Goodwin, mero etc kid had talent and was solid.....but so wasnt Rick rude, doesn't mean he added anything to the "wrestling" game

Mr perfect alone had more classic and innovative moves / matches than HHH ever did....and just in his first years or so in WWF.

Bret has the resume so gotta respect it.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    always thought hhh was overrated, even once made a list on here of several wrestlers better, gotta agree wit hitman here, even tho id still say hhh a bit over just mediocre
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bret hates everybody not named Bret Hart. I disagree with his synopsis of the HHH/Undertaker match (I think its a 5 star based off story telling abilities) but he's right about HHH overall.

H was hot from 99-02 then he got complacent and was only able to hold his spot because of Stephanie. He's had some good years since then 03-05 Evolution days and '06 for instance but he never wowed people much. He got over mainly by being the immovable object everybody had to go through to be champion.

H got classics...no doubt and WM 28 may be one of them but I wouldn't have HHH too high on my list either.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Bret hates everybody not named Bret Hart. I disagree with his synopsis of the HHH/Undertaker match (I think its a 5 star based off story telling abilities) but he's right about HHH overall.

H was hot from 99-02 then he got complacent and was only able to hold his spot because of Stephanie. He's had some good years since then 03-05 Evolution days and '06 for instance but he never wowed people much. He got over mainly by being the immovable object everybody had to go through to be champion.

H got classics...no doubt and WM 28 may be one of them but I wouldn't have HHH too high on my list either.

I stopped reading at the bolded...bret gives credit where credit is due and was often in the higher ups ear about giving younger talent a chance...FYI he was the one backstage telling people to let him put over the rock and austin pre-attitude era....you know bout his match with austin (classic) go to youtube and peed his raw match with a young rocky miavia
  • jono
    Options
    I saw that match. Bret does have a chip on his shoulder and I do know that the Clique tried to bury Rock back then...but I also know that Bret still resents HBK and HHH for the Montreal deal, he legitimately hates Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair also. He has good relationships with Undertaker, Austin & Rock.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    cant blame hitman for hating them ? tho
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He kept that ? 1 hundred
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hbk hhh and Hogan are all ?
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do he hate Ric Flair?
  • jono
    Options
    This is a picture Bret drew of Ric Flair:
    189640_210113499002619_100000119125097_900650_4183014_n.jpg
    This the one he drew of Hulk Hogan:
    Bret-Hart-is-the-best-artist-there-is-the-best-artist-there-was-and-the-best-artist-there-ever-will-be.jpg
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bret salty than a ? .
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Options
    What the beef with Bret and ric & hogan?
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Idk about Flair but Bret and Hogan dislike for each other goes all the way back to Wrestlemania 9 not to mention Hogan buried Bret when he came to WCW
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Flair accused Bret of exploiting Owen's death and said that Bret wasn't a huge money draw

The beef with Hogan was after Hulk won the WWF title against Yokozuna the plan was for him to drop the title to Bret. Hogan didn't think Bret was worthy of going over him so he refused to have the match which is why Yokozuna won it back
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hart himself is a little over rated, but I do agree with him on Triple H I doubt Trips would have gotten all those title runs had it not been for his back stage
    influence.

He probably would have been like 2 time champion instead of like 11 time champion.

As far as Hart he was a great in ring worker and one of the more technically sound wrestlers I've ever seen but the he was boring as ? personality wise and dull on the mic.

I really see no difference in a guy like Bret Hart and Dean Malenko other than Vincent heavily pushing one.

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited February 2013
    Options
    LOL the Bret/Flair beef is some Goatness son Bret prank called Ric and had him almost catching a Heart attack
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Flair hates everyone lol....peep the video on YouTube....that's the title lolll
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bret Hart & Hulk Hogan beef started in 93, when Hulk Hogan didnt wanna drop the belt to Bret at Summerslam instead he lost to Yokozuna at King Of The Ring
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Flair hates everyone lol....peep the video on YouTube....that's the title lolll
    Slept on post.