my netflix people...you check out House of Cards?

Options
atribecalledgabi
atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
edited February 2013 in Lights, Camera, Action!
they got the whole season up.
didn't have high hopes for it since it ended up on netflix & not a cable network, but i'm about 5 episodes in & i gotta say...? is on GOAT status. kevin spacey as a southern politician got a silver tongue. & his wife (robin wright) is a boss ? .

highly recommend if you haven't seen it (& you have netflix)

Comments

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Top 5 TV shows on right now...bet that. Spacey on his Kiezer Soze ? .
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well damn is it really that good? I guess I'm gonna have to check it out
  • rage
    Options
    sTaY_TrUe wrote: »

Its not going to be for everyone. Its high drama, with a lot of intrigue and dialogue you have to stay paying attention. But after the first few eps...its that ? . Francis Underwood>>>>>
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    sTaY_TrUe wrote: »
    bruh...? is THAT good
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited February 2013
    Options
    normally i don't like political shows because they mirror real life too much & it reminds me this same ? goes on in our gov't...but frank underwood is so charming & about his ? i don't even gaf.

he on that ? em all dead bodies in the hallway
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    heard nothing but good things. id be watching it tonight if not for the game. next weekend though
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Homie told me it was okay imma peep it
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'll check it out.
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gonna watch it eventually. That Lillyhammer show they made was pretty good too.
  • MrSoutCity
    MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I hope they a season 2 tho. I want to see them card come crashing down.
  • rage
    Options
    MrSoutCity wrote: »
    I hope they a season 2 tho. I want to see them card come crashing down.

Season's 1 and 2 were greenlit by Netflix. Season 2 filming starts in a few months.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    @rage & others that have watched, how far are y'all into it? i just got done with ep. 9 & zoe is turning into a damn monster. the ether she served up in that last scene....oooh wee
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gonna check it out.
  • rage
    edited February 2013
    Options
    @rage & others that have watched, how far are y'all into it? i just got done with ep. 9 & zoe is turning into a damn monster. the ether she served up in that last scene....oooh wee

I went 13 straight eps...mainlined it right into my bloodstream :S Francis Underwood and his team>>>>>
    Zoe and Dana Gordon over there at that hippy rag arm's are too short to box with them...

This show will change the way TV Shows are written, produced, and most importantly distributed. If the ? Emmy academy doesnt blackball them at award time....NBC, CBS, ABC, etc will all have to go back to the drawing board or be dead in 10 years.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was looking for something new to watch on netflix. Imma have to check this out. When does arrested development new season come on netflix?
  • MrSoutCity
    Options
    I hope they dont just drop the entire second season like they did the first. They need to drop epis weekly. And cosign @rage a major network is either gonna try to accuire the show or they gonna bite the consecpt
  • rage
    Options
    I hope they dont just drop the entire second season like they did the first. They need to drop epis weekly. And cosign @rage a major network is either gonna try to accuire the show or they gonna bite the consecpt

What benefit is there to drop a weekly ep?

Dropping an entire season is going to be the future. Netflix has done a lot of analytics and they know that people will binge out on their fave shows. Go through 2 or 3 seasons at a time. This new way of distributing content will change the way shows are written and produced. If they dont have to go weekly, they dont have to end each episode with some idiotic cliff hanger or some other played out convention that we see every single week from every single show. They are free to create a long and intricate 13 hour "movie". This is the first foray into this type of a format so it will only get better from here.

• MrSoutCity
    Options
    I like the anticipation. That just me tho.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gotta check it out now since ya'll ? made a thread about how good it is
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »

Dropping an entire season is going to be the future. Netflix has done a lot of analytics and they know that people will binge out on their fave shows. Go through 2 or 3 seasons at a time. This new way of distributing content will change the way shows are written and produced. If they dont have to go weekly, they dont have to end each episode with some idiotic cliff hanger or some other played out convention that we see every single week from every single show. They are free to create a long and intricate 13 hour "movie". This is the first foray into this type of a format so it will only get better from here.

exactly what i did with breaking bad
  • dogfromduckhunt
    dogfromduckhunt Members Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Don't see networks dropping whole seasons online. Would cut into advertising dollars. Works for netflix because of there business model..assuming they don't change their prices or lose another channel (i.e. Starz) to competition or try that Qwikster buffoonery again. That said, if they find a audience for one of there series, it wouldn't be a bad thing if they dropped one episode a week. Keeps people around longer. Won't have that hbo problem where people keep it just for one show for 3-4 months of the year.

And serialized shows aint nothing new.
  • rage
    Options

Don't see networks dropping whole seasons online. Would cut into advertising dollars. Works for netflix because of there business model..assuming they don't change their prices or lose another channel (i.e. Starz) to competition or try that Qwikster buffoonery again. That said, if they find a audience for one of there series, it wouldn't be a bad thing if they dropped one episode a week. Keeps people around longer. Won't have that hbo problem where people keep it just for one show for 3-4 months of the year.

And serialized shows aint nothing new.

Thats the point of netflix model (Direct to customer) of distribution. Because they don't have to answer to advertisers they can be far more liberal and progressive with the way they produce the shows. When H.O.C signed on with netflix they signed up for 2 seasons right of the bat. Every other network was only going to give them one season. How many shows have there been where we get into it for one season and just because the rest of the masses are too stupid and hooked on ? like 2.5 men it gets axed. With Netflix they can take the risk and allow the show to build a following. HBO Go is already doing similar things by dropping eps ahead of when they were supposed to air.

Secondly almost every new TV is a smart TV with wifi and Netflix built in, if not there are so many different and CHEAP ways of getting netflix on your TV. Its not like 5 years ago where only the tech savy knew how to download shows and throw them on their TV, now its no different than picking a TV channel.

Oh and none of you ? want to see Frank on that Call of Duty multiplayer neither...LOL
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options

I went 13 straight eps...mainlined it right into my bloodstream :S Francis Underwood and his team>>>>>
    Zoe and Dana Gordon over there at that hippy rag arm's are too short to box with them...

finished up last night & this morning...great show. might just rewatch to make sure i got all the relationships & deals down.

the most interesting part of the show for me is seeing frank & claire's relationship. that's some down ass ? & throughout everything they still keep it "us" "we" "our" when talking to/about each other.
    you never really see two hard hitting equals in a relationship on tv. one always ? up & it ends like they didn't have a history.
  • rage
    edited February 2013
    Options

finished up last night & this morning...great show. might just rewatch to make sure i got all the relationships & deals down.

the most interesting part of the show for me is seeing frank & claire's relationship. that's some down ass ? & throughout everything they still keep it "us" "we" "our" when talking to/about each other.
    you never really see two hard hitting equals in a relationship on tv. one always ? up & it ends like they didn't have a history.

Claire is a DOWN ASS ? ...straight up and down the realest chic on TV.

"My husband doesnt apologize to anyone, not even me"

Oh and this show really isnt even about Politics, its about the flow and manipulation of power. Politics is the venue to show that.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love almost anything Kevin Spacey is involved in. Will def check this out. And co sign that lilyhamer show, ? was dope.