Community Season 4

Options
PaperPlaneJane
PaperPlaneJane Members Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
Last season of one of, if not the, funniest comedies on television......Starts tomorrow night 8pm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z584YZtS9c4

Shoulda been #sixseasonsandamovie you shallow NBC ? !!

Comments

• kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NBC did this show so ? with the delays & what not...I'ma be watching the final 13 episodes starting tomorrow
  • PaperPlaneJane
    Options
    NBC did this show so ? with the delays & what not...I'ma be watching the final 13 episodes starting tomorrow

Word...how you do a show like this ? but keep BS like Whitney on the air.....

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Very excited! they better renew it this year!!
  • PaperPlaneJane
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »

Most likely won't unless the ratings go up drastically. They haven't been promoting it the way they should either and they only ordered 13 episodes this season. It would be smart if they would renew especially with 30 Rock and Office done. It would be the perfect partner for Parks & Rec. Another great show by the way.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This season will absolutely be the worst. The original show runner, creator and writer is gone.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Have hope rage, they kept a majority of the writers from the first 3 seasons
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Most likely won't unless the ratings go up drastically. They haven't been promoting it the way they should either and they only ordered 13 episodes this season. It would be smart if they would renew especially with 30 Rock and Office done. It would be the perfect partner for Parks & Rec. Another great show by the way.

NBC execs are too stupid to realize this. They will probably cancel community and replace it was some ? like Whitney or outsourced.

Hopefully Nextflix of FX will pick up community.
  • rage
    Options
    Community needs to move to Netflix in the worst way. Netflix is going to be a haven for cult shows that have massive followings. With Arrested Development getting on Netflix, Community should be next.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Thatd be cool, its really one of the best comedies on tv right now. The Creator for Arrested Development said this new deal with netflix for season 4 may mean more seasons as well. He said season 4 is supposed to lead up to a movie, and then its done, but the reaction has sparked his interest in writing more.
  • kingofbama205
    kingofbama205 Members Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    seeing Britta & Troy together is weird.....funny episode only 12 left smh
  • PaperPlaneJane
    Options
    Yeah britta and troy gonna take getting used to. LOL.
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Episode was alright. It feels different. Hope it was just that episode tho because they did talk about how things were changing.

Lol @ that sitcom part with jeff holding his fingers close together and pierce says its his ? . I cant remember how the joke was set up but that was funny.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    Options
    I don't know why but the part where Annie and Sherlie were doing the senior prank but weren't having fun what so ever was funny to me.

Oh and the Dean moving next door to Jeff at the end was priceless. They did say the Dean would have a lot more to do this season.
  • rage
    Options
    Ep wasnt terrible...I'll stay cautiously optimistic. Glad to see Chang the Conquerer back.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    Options
    rage wrote: »
    Ep wasnt terrible...I'll stay cautiously optimistic. Glad to see Chang the Conquerer back.

Yeah him having "Changnesia" should be good for some laughs. But you gotta wonder if he's faking to get back in good with Greendale to try and get revenge.

And how the hell did he end up naked? LOL.
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    glad this ? back...i'm on season 3 though..i thought it wasnt NBC as much as it was Chevy Chase spazzing out off set..
  • PaperPlaneJane
    Options
    J. Will wrote: »
    glad this ? back...i'm on season 3 though..i thought it wasnt NBC as much as it was Chevy Chase spazzing out off set..

Its mostly NBC and their lack of knowing how to promote good shows.

Chevy has just always been a massive ? even going back to his SNL days. Honestly Chevy's character really isnt that important to the overall plot to the show. He's just their to make racist jokes and be the old guy. He had a problem with how his character was written supposedly but instead of being a professional about it he just would spazz out. Joel McHale (who plays Jeff) did an interview and said that when ever some of the cast would try to talk to him he would just go off for no reason. He said Chevy actually tried to fight him one time.
  • rage
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Chevy's a ? ...he think's he's bigger than he actually is. Caddyshack was damn near 35 years ago ? .
  • Lou Cypher
    Options
    Anyone know why they dropped Harmon? always wondered how you get kicked off the show you created. I thought it was studio taking Chevy's side because i heard Harmon and Chevy were at eachothers throats a few times. But harmon got booted then shortly after so did Chevy.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Anyone know why they dropped Harmon? always wondered how you get kicked off the show you created. I thought it was studio taking Chevy's side because i heard Harmon and Chevy were at eachothers throats a few times. But harmon got booted then shortly after so did Chevy.

I think its because he was so quirky and hard to work with. When you're dealing with some of these writers, especially one like Harmon that had such a high concept for his show and didn't want to pander to NBC saying he needed to make the show more "normal" so the average audience could get the jokes and therefore boost ratings....it could end up in the writer rebeling against the studio. Harmon pretty much said this is my show and my vision and I'm going to do it the way I want to do it. If you don't like if then ? you.

I think thats part of the reason he had so much drama with Chevy that got out in the public as well. Chevy had this sense of entitlement because of his comedy past but times have changed. Comedy is more self aware, fast paced and in tuned with pop culture. Chevy always felt he knew more about comedy than Harmon when in reality he just had an outdated view of it. But because he's part of that legendary 80's SNL cast he feels he can tell the writer (the guy that gave you the job in the first place) how to write his show. And he acted like a spoiled brat.

If you ever get to watch the DVD out takes for season 1-3...you can just feel the tension and see the generational gap between him and the cast & crew. And you can tell he resented them because he just didn't get the brand of comedy he was doing. But instead of being professional and just doing his job he ? .

The drama with Chevy I think did nothing but give NBC a reason to let Harmon go. I truly believe before they were renewed for the 4th season Harmon was like "look...I can't work with this guy...its either him or me." and because they couldn't get him to conform any way they decided since they still own the rights to the show...they would put their own writers on it and take their chances with Chevy. But then when they started production on the 4th season they saw that Chevy was just as much of a problem with the new staff as he was with Harmon. So they cut him loose too. Which was made easy when it leaked he was screaming the word ? on set and justifying it saying that Richard Pryor told him it was ok for him to use that word. Chevy's just an ? ...LOL.

• Lou Cypher
    Options
    ? dumb. I heard there were parts with Donald Glover and The lady the plays Shirley, he supposedly wouldnt straight up call them the N Word but he would use the word around them all the time. I also heard they kept most of the writers that were with Harmon, do you know if this is true? it honestly feels like the show is completely different now. But then again, its been so long since any of us have seen a NEW episode of community that im sure even if Harmon was the one who made it, it would feel strange.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's sad to see that Chevy hasn't changed after all these years he was always arrogant and difficult to work with that's why he left SNL.

It seems like NBC never liked Community and would have cancelled it years ago if it wasn't for the outcry from it's fans.
  • PaperPlaneJane
    Options
    ? dumb. I heard there were parts with Donald Glover and The lady the plays Shirley, he supposedly wouldnt straight up call them the N Word but he would use the word around them all the time. I also heard they kept most of the writers that were with Harmon, do you know if this is true? it honestly feels like the show is completely different now. But then again, its been so long since any of us have seen a NEW episode of community that im sure even if Harmon was the one who made it, it would feel strange.

Yeah I think a lot of the writers that were there with Harmon stayed on.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why is this thread stickied?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    also, fat black woman on this show = Charlie