So who actually thinks HHH is Mediocre ?

Options
lookdude
lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in Off The Turn Buckle
I respect Brett hart for keeping it one hundred and not sugar coating anything but let's be honest here

I'm not saying Triple H is a wrestling machine but neither was stone cold, undertaker, or the rock

Just because the legend Brett hart said it we're gonna forget the ? he has done the classic feuds and matches he has been in and how great he played his character

Comments

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    More specific summerslam 2002 match Triple H vs Shawn michaels that match is a ? classic.
  • lookdude
    Options
    His feuds with mankind/cactus jack >>
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Great character
    Good wrestler
    top 20-30

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he did his thing
    he was the kobe bryant of wwe at one point
    you hated him but you kept watching

but we know why he was at the level he was at:the klick and stephanie

other then that>>>kurt angle
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Umm I don't think H deserves the accolades he has, but he's not mediocre. Him and Edge are HOF's based more on how they were pushed more than their actual talent. H (and Edge) are great talents but double digit World Champion talents? ? no. Main eventing multiple Wrestlemanias in a row talents? Hell nah.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as far as wrestling skills go he is....but he make up for it for his gimmick and showmanship
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He has some great to classic matches and was the best worker and heel from summerslam 99 to his quad injury in 2001

He's not top 10, let alone 20, I got him in my top 25
  • lookdude
    Options
    CopperKing wrote: »
    as far as wrestling skills go he is....but he make up for it for his gimmick and showmanship

I think that comes down to personal preference idk what you classify as great wrestling
    Like dean malenko and Chris Benoit exchanging a thousand technical holds ?

HHH put on entertaining matches and took great bumps and added moves to his arsenal
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its hard to call for me

I never liked HHH as a top guy.
    I jus never saw it.
    So when he became the top guy and was runnin the main event scene for years I was sick of the product.
    It made me turn to TNA, and then TNA did the same ? wit JJ.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    HHH was a good ring psychologist and ring general, had a couple years where his character was a top heel but was nothing overly spectacular in the ring, i do get why he was at the top from 99-01, he was gettin HEAT, but ion know bout over 10 times being world champ, the only difference between him and shane douglass is HHH was ? stephanie, HHH is not better in the ring than Rock imo, or edge, edge was also good with psychology, but he also had a high flying edge and i think he was more versatile, Taker can be debatable but he is a good storyteller as well and did exceptional for a big man, and i definitely cant put hhh better than stone cold, stone cold was a phenomenal wrestler, but his character in wwe some how overshadowed that.
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bret meant by things he added to the game, innovation....he didnt add anything, and his wrestling was good, but nothing mind blowing..,,,,and any match he had that was classic, I guarantee it was the other guy who made it that way I.e. hbk
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stone Cold was a great wrestler before he got his neck broken
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    If he was mediocre he wouldn't be in anyone's top 30.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess Im truly a mark at heart cause when I make lists I cant name dudes who I jus dont like.

HHH
    Sean Waltman
    JBL

I jus genuinely didnt like those guys and I refuse to acknowledge them lol
  • Co_Town_Michael
    Co_Town_Michael Members Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Evolution >>>>>>>
    ? ? who hating.
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His feuds with the Rock were some of my favorite matches. He was THE top heel back then and I knew that without em the shows probably would of sucked.
  • apollo greed
    apollo greed Members Posts: 135 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lets be real. The reason he is the "That damn good" as he says is he played his cards right. Dude sucked up to Vince all these years and slept his way to the top and into great matches by getting with Vinces daughter. I don't know nobody else in the WWE that has had as many title runs or main events as this guy. Gotta give him props tho he now set for life. If Vince kicks the bucket its him and Shane running it.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lets be real. The reason he is the "That damn good" as he says is he played his cards right. Dude sucked up to Vince all these years and slept his way to the top and into great matches by getting with Vinces daughter. I don't know nobody else in the WWE that has had as many title runs or main events as this guy. Gotta give him props tho he now set for life. If Vince kicks the bucket its him and Shane running it.

You could say that about anybody from Hogan to HBK to The Rock
  • lookdude
    Options

at least he took full advantage of the opportunity. he could have ? it up but he put in mad work and has a genuine love the business

acting like he didn't take war wounds for WWF/E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrcVqnIa0rA
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HHH pre quad injury = on fire
    HHH post quad injury = just not the same.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited February 2013
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    warrior was pure trash
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    HHH was a good ring psychologist and ring general, had a couple years where his character was a top heel but was nothing overly spectacular in the ring, i do get why he was at the top from 99-01, he was gettin HEAT, but ion know bout over 10 times being world champ, the only difference between him and shane douglass is HHH was ? stephanie, HHH is not better in the ring than Rock imo, or edge, edge was also good with psychology, but he also had a high flying edge and i think he was more versatile, Taker can be debatable but he is a good storyteller as well and did exceptional for a big man, and i definitely cant put hhh better than stone cold, stone cold was a phenomenal wrestler, but his character in wwe some how overshadowed that.

from 99-01 HHH deserved to be one of the top guys in the wwf, but when he tore his quad in 01, he came back and was too muscular, slowing his wrestling ability in the process, my thing is the reason why he was hogging the spotlight when he came back is because maybe he thought he missed the "greatest storyline ever", the invasion angle, cause when he tore his quad, the angle slowly started the week after, its like wwe panicked and started it waaaaaaay too early and we all know how it ended and how poorly it came off as, HHH wanted people to remember who he was and wanted to be the biggest thing on RAW every week
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    If you set aside the fact that he wifed up Vince's daughter. As well as the fact that this is sour grapes because Hart & Helmsley never liked each other you could still objectively reason with Bret Hart. In a sense he has a point. I would bet money that every classic HHH match you bring up to me is a gimmick match. Doesn't make the match any less classic but facts are facts.

HHH is a great entertainer but he's just an average wrestler. He can't put on a classic wrestlefest like The Hitman has. At the same time wrestling is about more than just wrestling skill and the man was a great businessman and entertainer in a way that Bret Hart never was.