Black Coaches Cant Get A Break?

Options
DarcSkies
DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
OK before I run off at the mouth about this ? Im not saying this is the case. Because I like to watch sports but im not like ? int he barbershop who know stats of the top of their head and know who the NBA Final's MVP was in 1989 without Google so I may be off base but this is something I notice...

A black coach thats been to the FInals twice got fired after like 10 regular season games.

But this Mike D'Antoni ass ? cant coach his way past half court and aint lost ? but free time.

Am I right or Wrong?

Comments

• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    u right ... black coaches get fired quicker dont get rehired as fast and they get ? first coaching jobs most of the time to be fired and replaced by a recycled whitey. Brown got fired in Leaveland as a failed last attempt to keep Lebron then goes to LA where no one would play defense or team ball for him and pringles garbage ass gets hired.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    OK before I run off at the mouth about this ? Im not saying this is the case. Because I like to watch sports but im not like ? int he barbershop who know stats of the top of their head and know who the NBA Final's MVP was in 1989 without Google so I may be off base but this is something I notice...

A black coach thats been to the FInals twice got fired after like 10 regular season games.

But this Mike D'Antoni ass ? cant coach his way past half court and aint lost ? but free time.

Am I right or Wrong?

The Lakers would fire D'Antoni if they could. Firing D'Antoni at this point would make this team a laughing stock.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It may be true, but using mike brown to support your claim is not wise
  • DarcSkies
    Options
    matt- wrote: »

Thats why I said Im not up on the intricacies of the game. I dont know who's signed what contract and for how many years and all that ? . So if Mike Brown was truly horrible then hey that's that. I honestly dont know if he was or not.

So I was really asking. Wasnt a rhetorical question at all.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    After making such a bold move they'll have to live with it at least for the remainder of the season.

Mike Brown wasn't the coach this team needed, nor is D'antoni.
  • DarcSkies
    Options
    rage wrote: »

Am I right or Wrong?

The Lakers would fire D'Antoni if they could. Firing D'Antoni at this point would make this team a laughing stock.

It already is a laughing stock. Case in Point...

2724846_1.jpg
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    matt- wrote: »

Thats why I said Im not up on the intricacies of the game. I dont know who's signed what contract and for how many years and all that ? . So if Mike Brown was truly horrible then hey that's that. I honestly dont know if he was or not.

So I was really asking. Wasnt a rhetorical question at all.

well, unfortunately this thread will now be about the lakers, kobe, lebron, and their supporting casts.

i know that wasn't your intentions, but sadly thats just how this place works
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    turner gill had to take that ? kansas job to get into a big conference only to be fired after two seasons so they can hire charlie weiss to continue to be trash
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rage wrote: »

Am I right or Wrong?

It already is a laughing stock. Case in Point...

2724846_1.jpg
    Lmao ohh ? . I saw the part with Rihanna's name and wondered where it was going. Ether.

Back to the thread, you're right. All fingers were pointed at Brown and the season just began. Now all this Kobe, Howard ? its taking the heat off D'antoni.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    naw Caldwell got a raw deal in Indy as well...matter fact all the black coaches in the NFL get a raw deal...except Tomlin who prolly extended his career by getting a ring early on
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if your a keen observer you would notice that there is only one type of black coach they even give those fleeting opportunities to specifically in football... very rigid regimented company men...."golfing buddies"