Most Unstoppable NBA Player in his Prime

Options

Comments

• P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    @DaBull no you get the ? out of here acting like a stat sheet tells the whole story.

I acknowledge Rodman was a better rebounder but let's not get ? confused the Bulls had their successes because Jordan had an unparalleled will to win.

RODMAN was what Ben Wallace was several years ago to the Pistons.

A great defender and rebounder and miss me with that Pistons ? those Pistons teams of the late 80s - early 90s were loaded.

Thomas and Dumas were better and I could make a good argument Laimbeer, Vinne Johnson, and Mark Agguire were just as good or better.

Rodman didn't even start that first Pistons title run it wasn't until Mahorn was lost to the expansion Draft did Rodman start.

Rodman was the fourth or fifth best player on those Piston teams at best great rebounder great defensive player but you cats in here acting like you could build a franchise around him he was a great complimentary player and probably the best rebounder I ever seen but you ? acting like he was a go to player or someone who made others better.

I'm a call a ? a ? Rodman wasn't even considered the third best player at his position in those days or any time he was in the league.

Those Bulls teams were Jordan Pippen and a bunch of complimentary players which makes it all the more amazing what Jordan did given the fact the league actually allowed defenders to play defense in those days.

? said bulls had marginal talent Round MJ then in same breath said Kobe and shaq were loaded with talent?.. Gtfoh u non knowing basketball ? .....fisher, Ron Harper, Brian shaw, samake walker, 100 yr old ac green, Robert Horry, devean George, luke walton, sasha vujacic, jordan farmer, ariza=Kerr, Paxton, bj Armstrong, buechler, grant, longley. Etc etc etc
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Shaq
    Kobe fans doing what Kobe fans do

Just need to mention one mo gin
    Larry Bird- 83-87
    Allen Iverson- 99-06
    Tim Duncan- 00-08

all deserve mention, and more importantly- Votes
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe and Shaq are light years ahead of anybody on those Bulls teams not named Jordan.

When I said loaded with talent I included the stars in that context ? out here with that.

I'm done arguing with ? who don't know the game probably hadn't ever played organized ball outside of high school or rec league if even that much less coached the game.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    lets just make polls without the inclusion of kobe because whenever his name is mentioned ? start acting like like ?
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Shaq

This is what started it all tho...and check the first response to the entire thread while at it lol
    Going with Prime Shaq...he literally could not be stopped.

he had to be given the ball though...he was useless outside of 6 feet from basket.....prime kobe dropped 81 on ? , why is this even a debate? smh

• Crude_
    Options
    @playmaker88 somehow I've been lowered to arguing with ? like a ? I just realized this ? and checked myself.

? come in here pushing an agenda and post garbage to try to make their favorite player look good.

I'm not a Kobe fan or hater but some ? can't drop an objective opinion without letting subjective feelings get involved.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lets just make polls without the inclusion of kobe because whenever his name is mentioned ? start acting like like ?

this is true. it's like ? cringe at the idea that Kobe is an all time great. you can make a case for Kobe being the most unstoppable player. it's not farfetched by any means.
  • P swayze166
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    @playmaker88 somehow I've been lowered to arguing with ? like a ? I just realized this ? and checked myself.

? come in here pushing an agenda and post garbage to try to make their favorite player look good.

I'm not a Kobe fan or hater but some ? can't drop an objective opinion without letting subjective feelings get involved.

? you got dismantled so many times by my posts that you copping out with excuses about arguments you started, ? outta here......talking like u ever played ball, no one cares about your nephew's church league you coached and ran a motion offense in, go do a 3 man weave and read a book. Jordan and pippen are the greatest duo ever, but they don't compare to shaq and Kobe? ? 6 titles is more than 3.....only difference is Kobe and shaq had no hall of famers in addition to them that were in their prime for a stretch......no rodmans. So take ya L back to the church league and let the kids know

And all ancillary parts of those teams equal out if they aren't already the same guy I.e. harper
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Shaq
    MJ is the GOAT tho...............
  • Crude_
    Options
    Ignorant ? thinks he dismantled me by showing his own intellectual ignorance as it relates to sports.
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Shaq
    It's Shaq

The only person who stopped him was himself. Becuz he didn't learn how to shoot free throws
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wilt jordan then Shaq all 3 had the rules changed for them..... dem white boys couldnt do nothing vs Wilt
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    aneed123 wrote: »
    wilt jordan then Shaq all 3 had the rules changed for them..... dem white boys couldnt do nothing vs Wilt

Barkley also had the rules changed for him, that 5 seconds back to the basket... ? was a monster in the post
  • aneed123
    Options
    blu197 wrote: »

Barkley also had the rules changed for him, that 5 seconds back to the basket... ? was a monster in the post

yup he's my all time fav pf
  • P swayze166
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    Ignorant ? thinks he dismantled me by showing his own intellectual ignorance as it relates to sports.

U lost multiple times in this thread retire ? , u don't know ? about basketball
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Jordan

Bill Russell might have something to saying about this comment
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Shaq
    Prime Shaq other then the 2004 Pistons no one else was able to guard him one on one from 99-2004.
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Prime Jordan
    For the 12 people that voted Kobe, take two steps backwards, and then punch yourself in the ? face, are you going to sit here and tell me at any point Kobe was more unstoppable than Jordan? These ? ? babies ? me
  • its....JOHN B
    Options
    Prime Jordan
    I wouldnt vote Paul Pierce if he was an option, smarten the ? up, make the right decision
  • P swayze166
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    For the 12 people that voted Kobe, take two steps backwards, and then punch yourself in the ? face, are you going to sit here and tell me at any point Kobe was more unstoppable than Jordan? These ? ? babies ? me

Kobe scored 81 points, 50,60+ with almost ease against zone and triple teams....Kobe is a better scorer than MJ, that is an across the board agreed upon fact. You can argue MJ a better all around player, but as a scorer, nahhh son MJ ain't there.

Close.......but no cigar.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    like i said....
  • aneed123
    Options

Bill Russell might have something to saying about this comment

offensively he wasnt on those guys level tho.... he was a more intense KG defense rebounding and scoring when needed
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2013
    Options
    Prime Jordan
    It's Jordan easily.I don't recall kobe dropping 50-60+ points in the playoffs/finals Multiple times like MJ or winning 10 straight scoring titles.That's utter dominance and this was while being the focal point of every team every night your whole career

It's much harder to do that in the playoffs jordan dropped 54 in the ECF vs the #1 defense in the nba then dropped 54 in the finals in the same year putting up 41ppg during the series.That's unstoppable
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Prime Kobe
    Kobe scored 63 in 3 Quarters though