Can Anyone School me on the Art of Flow ?

Options
yungflashy
yungflashy Members Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2013 in The Reason
i be messing around free-styling, and rapping with my homies not really caring what i say but i always put effort in attempting to change my flow on different beats... not really knowing if its fitting the beat the best it can. i'd like to polish it more and add double syllables and ?

i think my flow is cool but i'd like to add more depth to it and not make it as simple as it is

Comments

• A$AP
    A$AP Members Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    U be in the studio?
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pattern your flow to the most rhymthecially interesting part of the beat or when rhyming find a continuous rhyme pattern and stick with it.Studying great style rappers like Jay Z, Luda,Drake,Em etc.
  • yungflashy
    yungflashy Members Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP wrote: »
    U be in the studio?

yeah just be high messin around in there
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Also, try to get a grasp on music theory... like, time signatures, beats and measures, etc. A lot of cats I know that rap don't even know to count bars. Knowing your bars will help you structure your flow better, especially if you hit a rhythm that doesn't flow on a standard format.
  • A$AP
    A$AP Members Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    pattern your flow to the most rhymthecially interesting part of the beat or when rhyming find a continuous rhyme pattern and stick with it.Studying great style rappers like Jay Z, Luda,Drake,Em etc.
    his words exactly and also things like pitch and emphasis can change the way the flow comes across as well.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Studyin the sound/rhythmic aspect of poetry helped me understand flow better. Study cadence, measures, metre, etc should help u improve your flow.