Ronald Wayne Epic Fail

Options
goodlookinout
goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
If anyone is having a bad day, remember that today in 1976 Ronald Wayne sold his 10% stake in Apple for $800. Now its worth well over $58 Billion cot damn
rocketsoy0.gif

Comments

700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn, walter white L
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ronald the blacksheep of the wayne family...
    Everyone's like " why cant u be more like Bruce ?"
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The irony of him going to an apple store buying a mac for 800$
  • BarryHalls
    BarryHalls Members Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reminded me of that episode of Breaking Bad when Walt sold his stake for 5 racks and the company is worth billions. Yea he pulled a Walter White.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Wayne received another check, for $1,500, for his agreement to forfeit any claims against the new company.[2] In its first year of operations (1976), Apple's sales reached US$174,000. In 1977 sales rose to US$2.7 million, in 1978 to US$7.8 million, and in 1980 to US$117 million. By 1982 Apple had a billion dollars in annual sales. By September 2012, Apple became the largest publicly traded corporation in the world by market capitalization, with an estimated value of US$626 billion. Wayne has stated that he does not regret selling the stock as he made the "best decision with the information available to me at the time.

Wayne also stated that he felt the Apple enterprise "would be successful, but at the same time there would be significant bumps along the way and I couldn't risk it. I had already had a rather unfortunate business experience before. I was getting too old and those two were whirlwinds. It was like having a tiger by the tail and I couldn't keep up with these guys." Had he kept his 10% stock it would have been worth over 35 billion dollars in August 2012."

straightface.png
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good thing im keeping my stock