Do you think we will ever get a Wrestlemania as good as 17?

Options
genocidecutter
genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
I mean do you?

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WWE is never gonna have talent like that again
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Wrestlemania 17 had the goat line up. The main event is what it should have been, between the companies two biggest stars. When WWE no longer has to rely on superstars of the past to sell tickets, then we might.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It took 17 years of WM's to hit the nail on the head for such a good card.

We are only 12 years past WM17.

It could happen in the next 2-5 years easy.

The roster they have isn't the best, but if they book it right, it could top WM17.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That promo>> the last 3 wrestlemanias combined
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ? with 21 more than 17 already. MITB 1, Orton/Undertaker, HBK/Angle >>

Truth is though, WM has started to suffer with the 4hr format, I haven't enjoyed an entire show since the jump to 4hrs. 23 was the last really good WM.
  • alejandro
    alejandro Members Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    Options
    HELL NO!!!! Edge spearing Jeff Hardy while hanging from the Belt was EPIC! Don't see any of the new wrestlers topping that.
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • kj_da_midwest_mobsta
    kj_da_midwest_mobsta Members Posts: 680 ✭✭✭
    Options
    ? no that wrestlemania was so stacked
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No chance in hell. Even the Tazz/APA vs RTC match was decent :)
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    no, X7 was PERFECT, great lineup, perfect combo of blood, action, women, etc, and funny, jerry lawler was basically part of almost every WM.........except this one, cause remember he quit cause his then gf stacy "hat" carter got fired and he went with her, and paul heymans only WM announce gig?? this one
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    Options
    Match for match I still like 19 just a tad better. Can't go wrong with 17 or 19. They can be surpassed as long as they buildup and book right. None of that squash match and title match opening fuckery that's been going on recently neither. 4 hour show and the only PPV they end up with major time constraints for matches.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wrestlemania 21 was good, the only matches I didn't like was the Akebono vs. Big Show Sumo match and Trish Stratus vs. Christy Hemme.

U had Rey Misterio vs. Eddie Guerrero to start the night, The First Money In The Bank Match, Undertaker vs. Randy Orton, Kurt Angle vs. Shawn Michaels, John Cena vs. JBL and Batista vs. Triple H
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I remember watching the Stone Cold's documentary, and he mention how the match wit the Rock @ WM17 was probably one of the best. No one predicted that match to go THAT well. He regretted doin the whole Vince coming to the ring angle, b/c the match was so good. Can't remember if he said Vince was even considering scrapping the idea of him goin out there to interfere, b/c he was watchin it from the back, and was amazed. I could be wrong.

Well I watched the match for myself...MY GAWD!! One of the best matches I've ever seen. I can why SC mentioned about that regret. B/c the match could've played out itself. And the promos the Rock and SC did made the lead up even better.

Just my 2 cents
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bigger chance for that Biggie and Pac reunion album than a better WM
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its the greatest wrestlemania ever.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Wrestlemania 19 is my favorite WM of all time, to ME it's better than WM 17.

Rock/Austin from 19 was more entertaining
    Brock/Angle was a great main event
    HBK/Jericho great mid card match
    HHH/Booker solid semi main event match
    Hogan/McMahon fun brawl
    Rey/Matt Hardy good opening match

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    I remember watching the Stone Cold's documentary, and he mention how the match wit the Rock @ WM17 was probably one of the best. No one predicted that match to go THAT well. He regretted doin the whole Vince coming to the ring angle, b/c the match was so good. Can't remember if he said Vince was even considering scrapping the idea of him goin out there to interfere, b/c he was watchin it from the back, and was amazed. I could be wrong.

Well I watched the match for myself...MY GAWD!! One of the best matches I've ever seen. I can why SC mentioned about that regret. B/c the match could've played out itself. And the promos the Rock and SC did made the lead up even better.

Just my 2 cents

I remember watching the stone cold doc. He said if he had to do it all again, he would have gave Vince a stunner in the ring.