WHEN CENA BEATS THE ROCK...

Options
illestni99ainne
illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in Off The Turn Buckle
At Wrestlemania for the championship hes gonna get booed out the building. Unless he finally.does a heel turn. IMO that would be epic and maybe gain back some fans that hate him so much. What say you fellow ICers?

Comments

• eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was at the tlc ppv in Brooklyn he lost and still got booed. He started talking after the match thanking us for coming out and how he loved the crowd and wanted to do another show in Brooklyn still got booed. John cena gets no love in NYC.
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i hope they do something new with his stale ass character but i don't see it happening anytime soon
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    he getting booed out the building regardless.. might as well go heel
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Do you like Cena now ? No ? how about now ? see he neeeds this ! smh
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nodq.com

- There has been an ongoing discussion within WWE about how John Cena will defeat The Rock at WrestleMania 29 in New York City without upsetting a lot of fans. There's a feeling among some that Cena must get the win this time. It's already expected that Cena will be booed out of the building.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They can only hope people don't throw ? ....which probably will happen. The northeast hates Cena (he's hated everywhere but specifically Philadelphia & NYC),
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He look like he was about to shed a tear when they were booing him a ECW one night stand in 06
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eyes low wrote: »
    I was at the tlc ppv in Brooklyn he lost and still got booed. He started talking after the match thanking us for coming out and how he loved the crowd and wanted to do another show in Brooklyn still got booed. John cena gets no love in NYC.
    I went to the survivor series 2011 with the rock and john cena teaming up they booed the ? out of john cena and when I went to tlc 2012 as well they booed the living hell out of him.NEW YORK CITY HATES JOHN CENA!
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because he is hella boring, he does the same ? over and over and over again, he talks about the same ? over and over and over again and Vince is too stupid to understand that his character needs to be revamped!
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's going to be in a mark ass city for WM.

Heel night.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He look like he was about to shed a tear when they were booing him a ECW one night stand in 06

I think he did cry at WM 22 when he got booed in Chicago
  • Mr.LV
    Options
    Bret Hart was talking about john cena and he said he could see the internal conflict of john cena going heel because he feels there is not a bad bone in his body.
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I posted this in the raw/sd thread before I saw this thread

idk maybe it's wishful thinking but I'm thinking they may turn Cena heel at wm(or have him win but not in a clean finish and start a slow turn)they can play it as him being desperate to get his revenge on the rock and to get the title back and have him use a by any means necessary approach...kinda like how they did stone cold at wm went it was down here in Houston awhile back when, with the help of vince, he beat the rock and went to work on him with that steel chairwwe ? that up tho by having it done in tx where scsa is a ? and the crowd didn't give a ? lol
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Cena is turning heel whether he likes it or not. wwe is anticipating the boos when he wins. They might as well run with it.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Word life this is basic thuganomics
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I personally don't think Cena is all that bad other than him, Punk, and maybe Orton I don't think any of those other guys on the roster could carry the company.

WWE does have some other guys that are good in ring workers but they don't have the total package in my opinion.

I think fans hate Cena's character and what it stands for more so than Cena himself.

Fans want edgy characters that represent an alpha bad ass.

This is a good reason CM Punk is so over with the crowd and his character does so well.

Cena is not that character Cena is an All-American hero that over comes adversity even when the odds are stacked against him and that doesn't go over well with the more mature crowd.

Kids and women yes they like it but guys that are in there latter teens and 20s and up who are a large demographic of the WWE fan base don't want to see that.

They don't want to see that they want to see that guy who doesn't give a damn and breaks the rules and still comes across like a cool bad ass while doing it.

Cena to this generation is what Hulk Hogan was to the 80s generation.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I personally don't think Cena is all that bad other than him, Punk, and maybe Orton I don't think any of those other guys on the roster could carry the company.

WWE does have some other guys that are good in ring workers but they don't have the total package in my opinion.

I think fans hate Cena's character and what it stands for more so than Cena himself.

This is a good reason CM Punk is so over with the crowd and his character does so well.

Cena is not that character Cena is an All-American hero that over comes adversity even when the odds are stacked against him and that doesn't go over well with the more mature crowd.

Kids and women yes they like it but guys that are in there latter teens and 20s and up who are a large demographic of the WWE fan base don't want to see that.

They don't want to see that they want to see that guy who doesn't give a damn and breaks the rules and still comes across like a cool bad ass while doing it.

Basically ? want another Stone Cold...I can dig that!

• Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They said that Hogan would not do it as a heel. He did aight.

Back on topic:
    Cena is getting that X-Pac heat because A: His gimmick is stale as hell (apart from not rapping all that much anymore) its basically the same old same old. B: There have been more than a few places where bad booking gave him the belt only a short while after his last reign ended. and C: Those pesky FMOD

• Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »

Yes that's basically what they want.

There will never be another Stone Cold Steve Austin though fans need to get over it.

Punk is probably the closest thing we'll get for a long time.

People hating on Cena but Cena just staying in his lane.

He is what he is people want him to be a bad ass like Stone Cold or CM Punk but that's not how the WWE is booking him and quite frankly I don't really think that's his personality either.

I don't know if that would work with Cena nor do I think it would be received well by die hard fans Cena would probably get booed even louder.
  • illestni99ainne
    Options
    My thing is fans hate him regardless he is basically a heel. Might as well do a full turn
  • illestni99ainne
    Options

Which would cause so much controversy and imo boost ratings if he switched. Remember when Hogan went heel I was still a little kid and at first my heart was broken my hero turned on us but then I saw just how bad ads him and his crew was I ended up loving it. If nexus never broke up when they were teasing cenas heel turn before that would have been so ill. Vince and cena just need to get with the program.
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »

Nah not another stone cold

Like I sad before and like dude was saying ? dont want to see these super friendly ass baby faces

Undertaker was a badass
    the rock didn't give a ?
    Kane was a monster
    Shawn Michaels was arrogant

And the fans still loved them they didn't have to come out giving kids high fives n ?

But at this point the only option for him is to go heel
  • peagle05
    peagle05 Members Posts: 25,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only thing is cena can't go back to that rapping ? , it worked when he did it but even looking back on it now it looks corny as ? and it would come off worse now.

Cena could pull off heel they just gotta pull the trigger. He's not really as bad on the mic as his character makes him
  • Mr.LV
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You guys know if they do a heel turn on John Cena he will definitely be the most dominant heel in the last 10 years easily they would not book him as a weak heel at all.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    peagle05 wrote: »
    Only thing is cena can't go back to that rapping ? , it worked when he did it but even looking back on it now it looks corny as ? and it would come off worse now.

Cena could pull off heel they just gotta pull the trigger. He's not really as bad on the mic as his character makes him

The rapping ? is what got him over especially with the male crowd...and its what got fans cheering when he did it against The Rock...once he stopped with the rapping ? they booed him.