Good News of the Day: Hawaii and Vermont Make Progress with GMO Labeling

Options
Amotekun
Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in The Social Lounge
GMO-labeling.jpg?resize=680%2C453

by Henry Rowlands of Sustainable Pulse

Hawaii and Vermont are one step closer to becoming the first states in the US to introduce GMO labeling following historic House votes over the past 5 days.
Hawaii House passes GMO labeling bill on to Senate

On Tuesday in Hawaii the state House passed the modified GMO Labeling bill’s final third reading and gave it over to the state’s Senate, with only one House member voting no.

Unmani Cynthia Groves stated on Sustainable Pulse Wednesday that “We the people of Hawaii were HEARD by our state House on the HB 174 GMO Labeling bill. Originally a bill to label all GMO products, this bill morfed into a GMO imports bill – a partial victory for the people getting support through the Hawaii State House to at this point to cross over to the Senate. Noteworthy, testimony was very strong through the House Agriculture Committee, House Consumer Protection Committee, and House Finance Committee.”

“It sends a message definitely to the FDA from our beloved Hawaii nei by the Hawaii state House that represents her people that we want labeling of GE foods, the right to know what GE is in our foods and the right to protect our genetic lineages,” Groves concluded.

http://www.occupymonsanto360.org/2013/03/06/hawaii-and-vermont-make-historic-gmo-labeling-progress/

Comments

• unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? disgusting how Prop 37 went down in Cali. I sure as hell want to know what food to avoid. This is good to hear though.
  • Amotekun
    Options
    Check out my thread on Minister Enqi @unspoken_respect

and check out Dr Sebi's products google search.

There are detailed lists of what brands to avoid and what fruits and vegetables
    have been modified.
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? idiots in cali let prop 37 go down... I voted for that ? to pass. ? ? .
  • Amotekun
    Options
    Monsanto along with a host of other corporations including WHole Foods basically bribed the state legislator to fix the vote. I believe there were enough votes now who counts them ? is a whole different story
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Amotekun wrote: »
    Monsanto along with a host of other corporations including WHole Foods basically bribed the state legislator to fix the vote. I believe there were enough votes now who counts them ? is a whole different story

i can see that but there were definitely a lot of people against it.

• Amotekun
    Options
    ? are idiots. I guess you would have more perspective bein in cali.

How the ? you vote against finding out what is in your food. ? fell for that "it'll raise prices" line hard as ? .

• Amotekun
    Options
    But ? know sports stats out the ass. Don't know that Monsanto developed agent orange doe.
  • NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everything WE eat is modified..from the "organic markets" to the ? at 7-11..all this protesting should have been done in the '70s when the last natural food supply remained..lol at ? thinking nature could tolerate all the toxins being put into the environment and there being no effect on natural food..but whatever b..power to the "people" lmao
  • Amotekun
    Options
    bruh so long as people preserve heirloom seeds then we can still preserve natural unmodified foods.
  • NIKE...
    Options
    Whatever dude..I'm willing to bet my life you haven't and will never in your lifetime eat anything grown from "heirloom seeds"... Stop educating yourself via youtube and holistic sites.. Being "being bout that life" goes beyond street ? and if you're really that intuned with the universe you wouldn't be posting every little bit of holistic news you come across.. I'm not trying to be a buzzkill but lets be honest here b.. Your fate will be no different from the trap star surviving off the dollar menu and the corner store.. I'm just saying... All that ? sounds good and even feels good to know about it but regarding everyday life, the ? is worthless..
  • Amotekun
    Options
    50% of the food I eat are from heirloom seeds. Thats only because I havent completed a greenhouse...yet.

Knowing how to grow food, healthy food and keep my body, mind and spirit intact is not a worthless endeavor.

I share my knowledge and information because I don't get off on hoarding information. I don't believe in picking up useful things just to big myself up so I disseminate info to perhaps put someone else on. Now perhaps you need to stop projecting your feelings of doubt and worthlessness unto me cuz it aint phasin me none.

tumblr_inline_mh9jf5nMdl1qz4rgp.png
  • NIKE...
    Options
    LOL if you say so... The world full of ? with knowledge and bright ideas yet no real change has taken place other than lobbyists getting richer and the amount of armchair scholars increasing... Knowledge is for those who seek it not those who regurgitate it.. Jehovah witnesses hand out knowledge but I'm certain most aren't answering the door.. This thread is just a repackaged watchtower b
  • Amotekun
    Options
    Thats how you feel B. Eat drink and be merry for tomorrow you die.

"Armchair scholars" Where the ? you think ? do most of their learning. SHow me a rooftop scholar.

Lobbyists bribe politicians sitting in armchairs. War are planned and orders are given from armchairs.

? deciding interest rates and inflation or deflation rates do so from an armchair. In short ? effect your whole life from an armchair. Miss me with that pompous dismissive ? .

? you wanna max out on cheeseburgers and ring dings do you. I aint mad atcha
  • NIKE...
    Options
    Amotekun wrote: »
    rap_roller.jpg

Oh okay then..

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Amotekun
    Options
    I made this thread to talk about GMO labeling I cant let ? get me off my square.
  • NIKE...
    Options
    Cigarette packaging contains a mortal warning yet it's still a billion dollar business...

Good luck spreading knowledge bruh