Rand Paul Stands Up To Barrack W. Bush

Options
DarcSkies
DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joWWgLII11k

For those of you who dont know. The Obama Administration (and the Bush Administration) thinks its OK to murder American citizens (even within the borders of the US) without trial so long as they can brand them "terrorists."

Rand Paul is filibustering the CIA nomination until Obama is "clear" on Drone strikes.

Im 100% with him. As he quotes, "the Constitution isnt set up for when Angels are in office. It's there for when bad people are in office."

Its there to restrict Executive Powers so that one man cant just go around killing people without due process. People turn a blind eye to Obama and his drone strikes because well...they like Obama. And they trust him. Well whatever...BUt if Bush said he thought it was OK to ? Americans without a trial you all would flip your ? wig. But Obama does it and we pretend its all good.

Comments

• 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    well if obama is the puppet...then why is rand standing up the the toy and not the puppeteer.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Rand Paul thinks stores and restaurants have the right to deny T/S service cuz he's black.
  • DarcSkies
    Options
    Rand Paul thinks stores and restaurants have the right to deny T/S service at a restaurant cuz he's black.
    Yes he does. Im not a Rand Paul supporter in the least. But on this issue he's 100 percent right.

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with his position on this and I think more people whether they be Ds or Rs or Is need to get involved with getting this axed. "Power, once given, can never be taken back"...that's something to remember when it comes to military abilities.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    yeah he is right on this, but broken clocks and ? . One correct position isnt gonna erase the fact he's against the voting rights act, civil liberties act, hates immigranst, etc etc. hes just doing this ? to score some cheap political points. i guarantee he wouldnt give 2 ? about this if Romney was president and he wasn't trying to run for the chance to lose to hilary.

I don't understand what's so great about filibustering anyway. so you stand up and talk for 12 hours? crazy hobos on the street do that ? daily in central park.
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tim Scott on deck ? just got real
  • Big James
    Big James Members Posts: 345 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rand Paul thinks stores and restaurants have the right to deny T/S service cuz he's black.

This is a Strawman and has nothing to do with this issue. He is 100% correct on this issue.

• twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    13 hour fillibuster? classic ? tbh. Rand Paul said ? Congress this ? from Kenya needs to know the real deal.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    yeah he is right on this, but broken clocks and ? . One correct position isnt gonna erase the fact he's against the voting rights act, civil liberties act, hates immigranst, etc etc. hes just doing this ? to score some cheap political points.
    wait, if we think he's against the list you gave because of his political stances, why wouldn't the filibuster also be based on the same thing?

• DarcSkies
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Filibuster was broken and Obama has "written a letter" or some ? to Rand Paul stating he does not think he has the right to ? Americans within US Borders.

BUt ? a letter. I want to hear him say the Constitution doesnt allow it. Letters can be misplaced or re-interpreted by the next president. But so can the Constitution though right :(

Yeah..WE'RE ? .
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Its amazing how much ? outrage there was over use of water boarding but Obama introduces this ? and not a ? peep
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Its amazing how much ? outrage there was over use of water boarding but Obama introduces this ? and not a ? peep
    i'll go you one better: remember in the run-up to the 2012 election how the Obama administration essentially said (i'm going to paraphrase rather than hunt for a link right now) that they'd need to put policies in place to regulate the drone usage should Romney win the election? which carries the implication that his administration DIDN'T need them?

Election Spurred a Move to Codify U.S. Drone Policy
    The attempt to write a formal rule book for targeted killing began last summer after news reports on the drone program, started under President George W. Bush and expanded by Mr. Obama, revealed some details of the president’s role in the shifting procedures for compiling “? lists” and approving strikes. Though national security officials insist that the process is meticulous and lawful, the president and top aides believe it should be institutionalized, a course of action that seemed particularly urgent when it appeared that Mitt Romney might win the presidency.

“There was concern that the levers might no longer be in our hands,” said one official, speaking on condition of anonymity. With a continuing debate about the proper limits of drone strikes, Mr. Obama did not want to leave an “amorphous” program to his successor, the official said. The effort, which would have been rushed to completion by January had Mr. Romney won, will now be finished at a more leisurely pace, the official said.
    if Bush had done something like this in, say, 2004, people on this forum would have lost their ? minds.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    edited March 2013
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    McCain and Graham was not impressed......at all

nuttier as these 2 are they both made valid points

BExSbsmCQAAlZsn.jpg

my thought on Rand Paul?

he's going down as the slickest executioner of attention ? in human history

• indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I never thought I would agree with Rand Paul but he's right. Obama is no better than George Bush and he should stop pretending.
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options