So called "real" horror movies

Options
Built 4 cuban linx
Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
what's your thought on the lost footage horror movies ( paranormal activity, cloverfield, grave encounters, the devil inside, etc) do you like them? what's your favorite? or do you think it's getting old?

Comments

• clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its getting it old it all started with blair witch project(which I actually liked) ever since then that realism effect started loosing its touch but cloverfield was dope from begining to the very end with the nice operatic music score during the credits.
  • clairvoyance
    Options
    Hold up does sinister fall into this category? cause that was the scariest movie Ive seen in a long time! I cant front...
  • rabbitfood
    rabbitfood Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sinister wouldn't count. Even though Ethan Hawke's character actually found footage, it's not a "found footage" movie. He means stuff like Blair Witch, Paranormal Activity, REC, Grave Encounters, VHS, Evidence and the 100s of others out there nowadays.
  • SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea its getting hella old...even though I really liked grave encounters 2 despite it not really having any direction.

But yeah ? are gots really old really fast...
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    haven't liked any of the ones i've seen
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its getting it old it all started with blair witch project(which I actually liked) ever since then that realism effect started loosing its touch but cloverfield was dope from begining to the very end with the nice operatic music score during the credits.

I was agreeing with you until the cloverfield part ...that movie just like blair witch was trash rofl
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Getting old and they are just flat out unscary movies that follow the same formula. How hard is it to make a movie about a woman getting stalked by a killer instead of something supernatural? Movies that make people think that they can get put in a similar situation are the scariest.
  • clairvoyance
    Options
    rabbitfood wrote: »
    Sinister wouldn't count. Even though Ethan Hawke's character actually found footage, it's not a "found footage" movie. He means stuff like Blair Witch, Paranormal Activity, REC, Grave Encounters, VHS, Evidence and the 100s of others out there nowadays.

I didnt think so...the footage part is what made me unsure..forgot about rec/quarantine I liked that series as well I liked prt 1&3....imma check grave encounters 2 though...
    as far as cloverfield I dont know I really liked the fact the aliens were winning throughout the entire movie to each his own I guess.

• eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chronicle was pretty good. I still haven't watched The Poughkeepsie tapes but it is getting kinda old I guess bc the last couple haven't been that great. I think if its done right its a pretty good movie
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    chronicle isnt a horror movie
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even though chronicle isnt horror its still the best out of found footage movies. And idk I like the paranormal activity movies. I take them for what they are. Havent seen the 4th though
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These so called horror movies in recent years are a damn joke. How many exorcism of _____ can u make? I haven't seen a truly scary movie in YEARS. All these ? are so unoriginal.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    Even though chronicle isnt horror its still the best out of found footage movies. And idk I like the paranormal activity movies. I take them for what they are. Havent seen the 4th though

yeah I like the paranormal activity movies also. the 4th is a little disappointing tho
  • illestni99ainne
    Options

yeah I like the paranormal activity movies also. the 4th is a little disappointing tho

I got the dvd just havent cracked it open yet
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hold up does sinister fall into this category? cause that was the scariest movie Ive seen in a long time! I cant front...

that ? was wack
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    lol nah sinister was great imo
  • rabbitfood
    rabbitfood Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You aren't missing anything with Paranormal Activity 4. It was like a filler episode of a tv show and seemed like they only made it because they had to put something out.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    the makers of paranormal activity actually admitted that the movie was a filler movie for the fifth one smh. this the same thing saw was doing
  • clairvoyance
    Options
    lol nah sinister was great imo

If horror fans are calling sinister wack I dont know what they expect from a horror movie, at least it wasnt one of those sixth sense stir of echoes rendition ghost stories where the ghost is actually good and its trying to get the lead character to solve theyre murder and im real critical when it comes to horror movies but thats just my imo.
  • Entangled_Semanticz
    Entangled_Semanticz Members Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I like some I dislike some... Paranormal Activity the first one coulda been a classic but they had to go the infinite sequels route... Grave Encounters is scary too...
  • illestni99ainne
    Options
    Yeah just watched paranormal activity. 4. Straight associated cheeks they need to just stop now dont go the saw route
  • illestni99ainne
    Options
    *ass. Stupid auto correct
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Options
    gonna disappoint you but paranormal activity 5 is coming out this October
  • Babaaa
    Babaaa Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ya'll wanna see some good "real" horror movies..?

Watch Rec & Rec 2
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not found footage that's an issue it's bad plots to them.Blair Witch was wack.

I loved the concept.it was so original,even though a few did it in the 70's

PA are a wack ass series of movies.I don't wanna see a bed for 2 hrs