Options
Amotekun
Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in The Social Lounge
tumblr_mgbwrjMfwy1rfuijjo2_r1_500.gif
tumblr_mgbwrjMfwy1rfuijjo8_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mgbwrjMfwy1rfuijjo1_250.gif

Acoustic Levitation

Using sound waves to levitate individual droplets of solutions containing pharmaceutical drugs and drying them in mid-air. Why do this? This is useful because most of the drugs on the market are either amorphous or crystalline and the crystalline form doesn’t get absorbed by the body. So levitating the solution allows the drug to be made into an amorphous state (by evaporation) because if it were to touch any surface it would simply crystallize. They call this “containerless processing”.

The frequencies used are just above the audible range at about 22 kilohertz and when the two speakers are aligned they create two sets of sound waves, perfectly interfering with each other creating a phenomenon known as a standing wave. This allows the objects to levitate in areas within the waves known as nodes as the acoustic pressure is enough to cancel the force of gravity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=669AcEBpdsY

Comments

• unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder how this will be used as a weapon?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a theory that this was used by the ancients to move large stones, do you think so?
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    There's a theory that this was used by the ancients to move large stones, do you think so?

Ancient aliens?
  • Amotekun
    Options
    Any theory on how ancient africans moved large stones is purely speculative at this point.

Our level of science is far below their sophistication and mainly it is due to repressive forces within
    european based science that won't admit a fundamental flaw in the system that stymies progress.

However, it is within reason that acoustics could be used to move large seemingly immovable objects.
  • Amotekun
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Ancient aliens?
    Technically ? we are aliens our origins dont begin on this planet.

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What would their constant sound source have been?

Very interesting to think about that though. Would take an amazing amount of precision.

Dunno.

Ancient Alien theorists have this theory.

They've done a lot of different techniques and none have been successful. So they proposed that they used acoustic levitation, the only thing they cannot come up with is a source. They said something like the Arc of the Covenant may have been a special acoustic technology.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Amotekun
    Options

What would their constant sound source have been?

Very interesting to think about that though. Would take an amazing amount of precision.

Dunno.

Ancient Alien theorists have this theory.

They've done a lot of different techniques and none have been successful. So they proposed that they used acoustic levitation, the only thing they cannot come up with is a source. They said something like the Arc of the Covenant may have been a special acoustic technology.

@Vibe Early Africans are the ancient aliens.
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know what....After watching this, It kind of makes you wonder if parts of Skyrim may be based off of some ancient knowledge....

But who knows.
  • Amotekun
    Options
    People have such an incorrect perspective of human history.

Human civilization has risen and fallen countless times before we've gotten to this
    point presently.

This current iteration of human civ isnt even the most technologically advanced. It's actually stagnant.

The story of the Jedi was based on the Djedi priests of Africa. Hollywood stay sellin folks Africans stories.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Amotekun wrote: »
    The story of the Jedi was based on the Djedi priests of Africa. Hollywood stay sellin folks Africans stories.
    Damn, I never knew that..
  • Amotekun
    Options
    Sticking to the topic though. Acoustic levitation is some dope ? . Two opposing forces cancelling out a third.

Speaking of how to sustain something like this to move large foundations all you need to do is create an open system source of energy aka free energy. A system that utilizes the widely available sources of energy in open space and converting it to electricity or heat.

Free Energy Race to Zero Point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKWPht3fU-o

Take a documentary like this and apply the methods to something like acoustic levitation.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Any theory on how ancient africans moved large stones is purely speculative at this point.

Our level of science is far below their sophistication and mainly it is due to repressive forces within
    european based science that won't admit a fundamental flaw in the system that stymies progress.

However, it is within reason that acoustics could be used to move large seemingly immovable objects.

Soooo...you think the internet, electric engines and cars, all digital technology, rocket science, and modern medicine, etc., are far below the sophistication of an ancient civilization that existed thousands of years ago?

I'm not doubting that the ancient Egyptians and other civilizations had figured out mathematical relations that we might not have figured out by now (though that's pretty doubtful), but to say that our modern technology and scientific discovery is far below the ancient Egyptians is pretentious to say the least. Especially when your reasoning includes blaming it on "repressive forces within european based sciences".

That's just flawed thinking, dude.

It's one thing to say that we must've lost information from past civilizations for various reasons, but technology and science being 'suppressed' b/c it didn't come from europe is among the worst kind of revisionist history.
  • Amotekun
    Options
    yes our current level of technology is far less sophisticated than those who existed TENS of thousands of years ago.

No its not flawed thinking considering the emerging paradigm shift in the scientific community.

Modern science was grounded in a terminal flaw "scientific materialism" it pretty much dead ends any hope of a unified theory of everything.

Its not that thought being suppressed because it doesnt come geographically from europe but it is suppressed because it is not ground in the european philosophy regarding the supreme nature of the material/physical.

I mean I suggest you check out nassim haramein or robert larza or dr amit goswami you can also check out min. enqi or dr. sebi or dr afraka.

I don't believe its at all pretentious to take the position that our tech is lacking in comparison to ancient tech when you take into consideration several ancient structures of the world the pyramids the stone monoliths that are impossible even for today's heavy lifting equipment and still stump architects. Not only did they know how to build but they knew where to build as well paying attention to ley lines int he earth and lining up structures with heavenly bodies.

So....... oh yea modern medicine is ? . Yall ? take a hippocratic oath when hippocrates learned from the manuscripts of imhotep who lived thousands of years before that ? . imhotep prescribed herbs for healing.

Medical industry is ? because doctors won't prescribe anything that the pharmacy can't put a price tag on. So medicinal practice is stagnated by the bottom line. You've already broken your oath.
  • sully
    Options
    yes our current level of technology is far less sophisticated than those who existed TENS of thousands of years ago.

How so. Prove it.
    No its not flawed thinking considering the emerging paradigm shift in the scientific community.

What paradigm shift?

Modern science was grounded in a terminal flaw "scientific materialism" it pretty much dead ends any hope of a unified theory of everything.

How is "scientific materialism" a terminal flaw? And how does it 'dead end' any hope of a unified theory? We're getting closer to a unified theory of everything everyday. Unified theory is a theory to unify newtonian physics and quantum physics. Modern scientific achievements like the Large Hadron Collider are getting us closer, not making the whole practice a dead end. We really just have to unify the theory of gravity with quantum mechanics, and discoveries like the Higgs Boson are getting us closer to understanding it.

Its not that thought being suppressed because it doesnt come geographically from europe but it is suppressed because it is not ground in the european philosophy regarding the supreme nature of the material/physical.

Mathematics is universal. Whether you're from Africa or Asia or Europe. Mathematical consistency is all that matters. You're basically dismissing science b/c it doesn't currently stem from Africa. Reality is that plenty of European math and philosophy is derived from Egyptian discovery, and Arab discovery, and Far East Asian discovery. But if it's been dismissed, it's b/c it isn't consistent with our current knowledge of the maths and sciences.

Like, algebra and chemistry is largely derived from Middle Eastern discovery. The very concept of zero comes from India. A lot of modern medicine is derived from Egypt, India, and the Middle East. The first explanations for our modern economic theories come from ibn Khaldun. Ibn Sina is the father of modern medicine, including much of our knowledge of physiology and hygeine, his textbooks were used throughout the world for hundreds of years.
    I mean I suggest you check out nassim haramein or robert larza or dr amit goswami you can also check out min. enqi or dr. sebi or dr afraka.

Yeah....i'll check out those videos you posted by Min. Enqi, but i'm turning them off the second they start giving me a headache from how wrong they are. He's a snake oil salesman.

I don't believe its at all pretentious to take the position that our tech is lacking in comparison to ancient tech when you take into consideration several ancient structures of the world the pyramids the stone monoliths that are impossible even for today's heavy lifting equipment and still stump architects. Not only did they know how to build but they knew where to build as well paying attention to ley lines int he earth and lining up structures with heavenly bodies.

If you're gonna use the argument for the pyramids, then that's not sufficient to convince anyone that Egypt was undisputably more scientifically sophisticated in comparison to our modern scientific knowledge.

You can make the exact same argument for how the pyramids were built for the Stonehenge and the Nazca lines in Peru.

Not to mention there's pyramids in Bosnia/Serbia/or whereever they recently discovered some. There's pyramids in mesoamerica. Plus there's stonehenge-like structures in Pakistan.

So to make an argument solely that Eyptian technology was far superior isn't exactly a convincing argument b/c similarly baffling structures have been made all over the world.

So....... oh yea modern medicine is ? . Yall ? take a hippocratic oath when hippocrates learned from the manuscripts of imhotep who lived thousands of years before that ? . imhotep prescribed herbs for healing.

I fail to see how modern medicine is ? b/c Hippocrates learned from Imhotep's work. It's at best a misattribution of acknowledgement. But that happens all the time. Information just gets lost in the annals of history. And medicine is notorious for misattributing names. In medicine we always name something after the person who is more popular. Or, once something is named, we just sort of stick to it once it's gained notoriety.

And Imhotep wasn't the first person prescribing herbs for healing. That's been around as long as there's been healers. They did it in ancient China, India, the Middle East, etc. Not to mention much of our modern medicine is literally derived from herbs. Botany is pharmacology's best friend. Pharmaceutical companies and academic researchers are constantly seeking out plants used in remedies by ancient peoples and by rural, isolated cultures.

Medical industry is ? because doctors won't prescribe anything that the pharmacy can't put a price tag on. So medicinal practice is stagnated by the bottom line. You've already broken your oath.

This is just ? actually. Physicians work their damned hardest to not prescribe medicines unless they have to. It just happens that prescribing pharmaceutical therapies are necessary for a multitude of reasons, including patients not seeing them until pathologies have progressed to more severe states. In these cases, you need to prescribe something to stop the disease from further progressing.

But, if you don't want to take modern medicines, then go ahead. If you get herpes or syphilis, go ahead and rub plant leaves on your ? , thinking it'll make it better. It won't.

• Amotekun
    Options
    @sully ? you need to look up the names I gave you. Outside of that we really don't have a conversation.

IJS.
  • sully
    Options
    @sully ? you need to look up the names I gave you. Outside of that we really don't have a conversation.

IJS.

You're the one making the claims. The onus is on you to prove them.

But if you're so confident in who you mentioned, post videos, i'll try to watch as much as I can.

But you can't cop out of your claims by saying "watch the videos".
  • Amotekun
    Options
    @sully I don't feel like typing the titangraphs of information the videos are loaded with just to have "Did Not Read, LoL" as a response. I gave you names you can look up.

I have a Dr. Sebi thread already on the forum type it in search. I have a Min Enqi thread already up. The other three names you can find them on youtube.

Nah ? the onus is upon you to look up who I told you to. I'm just a journeyman in my understanding who I listed are masters. However from my journeyman's position I can see, i can observe that modern science has been stagnated by a faulty foundation and for profit industries.
  • sully
    Options
    @sully I don't feel like typing the titangraphs of information the videos are loaded with just to have "Did Not Read, LoL" as a response. I gave you names you can look up.

I have a Dr. Sebi thread already on the forum type it in search. I have a Min Enqi thread already up. The other three names you can find them on youtube.

Nah ? the onus is upon you to look up who I told you to. I'm just a journeyman in my understanding who I listed are masters. However from my journeyman's position I can see, i can observe that modern science has been stagnated by a faulty foundation and for profit industries.

For profit industries doesn't nullify the science. If the science is sound, then it's sound, regardless of its origin.
  • Amotekun
    Options
    @sully ? watch the videos or don't either way yall ? are flawed. It's on you to see it and change it.
  • sully
    Options
    @sully ? watch the videos or don't either way yall ? are flawed. It's on you to see it and change it.

Lol..i'm gonna watch the videos, but you can't say medicine and modern science is flawed if you don't understand it.
  • Amotekun
    Options
    The words "i don't understand modern science or medicine" never came from me.
  • edwardnigma
    edwardnigma Members Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stone is suppose to float in the air,using liquid
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.