College Basketball Conference Tournament Unappreciation Thread

Options
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just a few years back i loved watching conference tournaments. I remember rushing out of school to watch the big east tourney and watching the ACC tourney as well. But now these conference tournaments are boring as ? . In college football the conference championship game decides who will go to the national title game. That Georgia Bama game was dope as ? . Same with other years (outside this year with ND) the 2nd ranked seed usually is from the big 12 or pac 10 and they have to win their game. Even this year i was watching stanford play in the pac-10 football champioship game it was a good game.

But at this point attendance is dropping allot for these games the staples center is more packed for lakers practice than they are for the pac 10 tourney. The big east tourney was the goat one but now the big east is dead and will just be a bunch of scrub catholic schools. Last year the SEC tourney was teams that didn't really care about winning it all. What do you guys think about the conference tournaments for college bball?

Comments

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Just a few years back i loved watching conference tournaments. I remember rushing out of school to watch the big east tourney and watching the ACC tourney as well. But now these conference tournaments are boring as ? . In college football the conference championship game decides who will go to the national title game. That Georgia Bama game was dope as ? . Same with other years (outside this year with ND) the 2nd ranked seed usually is from the big 12 or pac 10 and they have to win their game. Even this year i was watching stanford play in the pac-10 football champioship game it was a good game.

But at this point attendance is dropping allot for these games the staples center is more packed for lakers practice than they are for the pac 10 tourney. The big east tourney was the goat one but now the big east is dead and will just be a bunch of scrub catholic schools. Last year the SEC tourney was teams that didn't really care about winning it all. What do you guys think about the conference tournaments for college bball?

shaq-face-thumb.jpg
  • Matt-
    Options
    but conference tournaments, at least with the ACC aren't what they used to be. but they are still enjoyable to watch.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    but conference tournaments, at least with the ACC aren't what they used to be. but they are still enjoyable to watch.

not really its a ? shoot you could get a good game or you might not. and and when the final game of a tourney is a team who pretty much will have a spot in the tourney and a team who needs this auotomatic bid the game is less intense cause the team that is pretty much a lock for the tourney doesn't play as hard and doesn't wanna risk as much. Ive seen that over the years between the ACC and SEC and big 10 conference tournaments.

• Matt-
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

not really its a ? shoot you could get a good game or you might not. and and when the final game of a tourney is a team who pretty much will have a spot in the tourney and a team who needs this auotomatic bid the game is less intense cause the team that is pretty much a lock for the tourney doesn't play as hard and doesn't wanna risk as much. Ive seen that over the years between the ACC and SEC and big 10 conference tournaments.

if you end up with some wack matchup in the finals then yeah then that particular game is bad but if you had a bad matchup, that just means a couple favorites got upset along the way, so those games are good too. And teams are still player for seeding (doesn't matter if its to be a 1 or 2 seed or a 10 or 11 seed) alot of teams from big conferences are still playing to either get a good seed or just to get in. And on top of that you have the possibilities of rivalry games during the tournament. There is still potential for good games during the conference tournmanets.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    Monizzle, we get it lol. You don't like college basketball.
  • Matt-
    Options
    Final four >>> frozen four
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depending on the pairings, the conference tournament can go hard. Conference rivals squaring off in the later rounds of the tournament is the ? ...
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Final four >>> frozen four

NBA regular season >> NCAA conference championship games

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Monizzle, we get it lol. You don't like college basketball.

Ive been watching college basketball since i was 8 or 9 i just don't like how ? it is becoming this year and in recent years. The only thing i look forward to i recent years is march madness the regular season is becoming more and more of a joke. I used to watch hella espn and cbs games but now i pass on alot of them.

• twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its pretty much boring, top teams will make the tournament regardless. Its more for the teams that's on the bubble.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Big East and ACC tournament>>>>. Besides that I really don't give a ? besides the championship games
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    Big East and ACC tournament>>>>. Besides that I really don't give a ? besides the championship games

completely agree but the big east tourney will never be the same after this year and to me this year isn't the same since uconn isn't in it