Big moves being made. Boldin and Harvin both traded

Options
In Your Moms Room
In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
The 49ers picked up Anquan Boldin. The Seahawks picked up Percy Harvin. Two top 10 WRs going out west.

Comments

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Lol @ Boldin being traded for a 6th rd pick tho.... Ravens lost.

Maybe if Joe Schmoe woulda took a paycut they could've afforded to keep him
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn that sucks.. Ravens lost hard losing and elite receiver for peanuts...

Seattle done came up also.. GAME CHANGER
  • purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm glad my niners stole Boldin but come on TS you know he aint top 10 right now
  • playmaker88
    Options
    killap wrote: »
    I'm glad my niners stole Boldin but come on TS you know he aint top 10 right now

in terms on what he does on the field.. he is but people get caught up too much in physical/athletic attributes and raw numbers.
  • coop9889
    edited March 2013
    Options

in terms on what he does on the field.. he is but people get caught up too much in physical/athletic attributes and raw numbers.

Lol what?

Raw numbers are the result of what you do on the field ...

Physical/athletic attributes help determine what you do on the field ....
  • playmaker88
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »

Lol what?

So is Desean Jacks, Wes Welker better than Boldin..

Anyone remember David Boston.. ..
  • coop9889
    Options
    Megatron
    Fitz
    Andre Johnson
    Aj Green
    Marshall
    Julio
    Roddy
    Dez
    Nicks

are all, off the top of my head, ? I would take with no hesitation over Boldin

Then I'd probably take

Cruz, Wayne, Steve Smith and Wallace above him too.

Prolly missing a few
  • coop9889
    Options

Lol what?

So is Desean Jacks, Wes Welker better than Boldin..

Anyone remember David Boston.. ..

I never said they were.

I'm saying people DONT get caught up too much in those factors, b/c those factors are what determine a Wr's worth.
  • In Your Moms Room
    Options
    Harvin will lead the league in all purpose yards next season. Facts. Bet it. No receiver is as versital as him. If i had to pick a receiver for my team, i'm taking Percy 3rd behind Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson.

Boldin plays big in big games. He has 8-12 TDs every year. Forget the yards. He's not fast, so he's not going to make the big plays. But he is money in the red zone. If it's 4th down with 4 to go, and i need a 1st or TD, there is no other receiver i'd pick over Boldin.
  • coop9889
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Harvin will lead the league in all purpose yards next season. Facts. Bet it. No receiver is as versital as him. If i had to pick a receiver for my team, i'm taking Percy 3rd behind Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson.

Boldin plays big in big games. He has 8-12 TDs every year. Forget the yards. He's not fast, so he's not going to make the big plays. But he is money in the red zone. If it's 4th down with 4 to go, and i need a 1st or TD, there is no other receiver i'd pick over Boldin.

PLEASE.

Give me Megatron 100 times out of 100 in any situation. Hes bigger, faster, stronger, and can jump higher than Boldin ? u talkin bout
  • In Your Moms Room
    Options
    In that situation you bolded, it's a coin flip between Calvin and Boldin. It's like 1A and 1B.

And the fact you only listed one player proves that you don't have any facts to back up Bolden or Harden not being top 10.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Tell the truth, you don't really know who Percy Harvin and Boldin is do you?

Boldin averages LESS THAN 6 TD's a year. Not "8 to 12".

Percy Harvins has never had over 9 TD's in a season COMBINED (rushing, Receiving, Return)

Harvin has never had more than 6 TD's receiving.

Harvin has one of the worst attitudes in the league.

Harvin has never had a 1,000 yard receiving season.

And Harvin played with the best running back of this century (and arguably the best offensive player of this century) so you can't say he didn't have "help".

Both are "good" receivers. Top 10? No. End of story.
  • coop9889
    Options
    In that situation you bolded, it's a coin flip between Calvin and Boldin. It's like 1A and 1B.

And the fact you only listed one player proves that you don't have any facts to back up Bolden or Harden not being top 10.

No, your logic is completely off.

The situation I bolded was just that... a unique SITUATION.

I listed one player I would take over boldin in that ONE UNIQUE SITUATION. Lmao @ you insinuating that that ONE situation can determine who belongs in top 10.

Not to mention I already gave a list of those I'd take over Boldin.

Nice try tho.
  • In Your Moms Room
    Options

Percy Harvins has never had over 9 TD's in a season COMBINED (rushing, Receiving, Return)

And Harvin played with the best running back of this century (and arguably the best offensive player of this century) so you can't say he didn't have "help".

check your facts again big guy. lmao
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ironangry.gif

iron-man_o_GIFSoupcom.gif
  • greenwood1921
    Options

check your facts again big guy. lmao

Feel free to point out which one's need to be checked. I'll wait.
  • Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ Boldin being traded for a 6th rd pick tho.... Ravens lost.

Maybe if Joe Schmoe woulda took a paycut they could've afforded to keep him

You mean Flaccos small 6.8 mill against the cap this year.... guess you haven't bothered to look into the numbers. He'll be restructured 3 years in

This is on Oz and co deciding against extending Quan and giving him a bonus to reduce that cap number. ? ? they couldn't come to an agreement, he was the perfect slot receiver in Caldwell scheme. Unless we trade up to take Austin, Joes only got 2 targets
  • Mantequilla
    Mantequilla Members Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On top of that, rumors saying Reed could possibly join 9ers too. San Fran stocking up for a big run
  • In Your Moms Room
    Options
    They are both top 10 imo. Not gonna change that. Boldin is going to do big things is San Fran next year and Percy Harvin is going to ? it in Seattle. Harvin will be a beast next year.
  • In Your Moms Room
    Options
    Jerry Jones needs to get Adrian Wilson in Dallas ASAP.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    They are both top 10 imo. Not gonna change that. Boldin is going to do big things is San Fran next year and Percy Harvin is going to ? it in Seattle. Harvin will be a beast next year.

So I take it you "checked those facts, big guy"?

Thanx.
  • In Your Moms Room
    Options
    yea, 7 or more TDS and over 1000 yards in 5/10 seasons and he has never been the number one guy.