25 Things Sports fans don't think (but should)

Options
D.D.S.
D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone of us could've told you that ? .
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    I agree with: 1-4, 7, 9-11, 13-16, 18-21

Ones I got beef with:

5 - I've seen worse on World Star. I will say that overblowing a manager and an ump arguing is one of the biggest things I hate about baseball.

6 - Some of the best commericals are on during the Bowl. It's really the only time anyone ever checks for them. Some fail miserably, but most do the job.

8 - ? . It's not that team's fault if their conference stinks at tourney time. The whole thing is one magical run anyway. Until four #1 seeds make the Final Four, it's call madness for a reason.

12 - ? that. Let 'em hit. Another thing I hate about baseball. Two different rules for this ? ? The World Series looks sloppy as ? now.

17 - Some of those signs are hilarious. Most suck. I remember one made about JJ Reddick while he was still at Duke. ? was funny for the whole year.

22 - Until women starting dunking ON people, this will NEVER be true. Admit it.

23 - Da ? ?

24 - Nothing cool, but the ? makes like BILLIONS of dollars every year. OK, then.....

25 - Sure I am. I can't be any worse than a replacement ref.
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    ? should be shot for saying football is as boring as baseball

imo
    watching football on tv>>>>>being at the game
    being at a game>>>>>watching baseball on team
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    neither baseball or football is boring to me. that tiger woods one I been saying since it happened. I never understood why people other than his family was expecting an apology
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They should add on that (mostly for suburban an rural crakkas) They don't play better defense in college basketball the players in the NBA are just harder to stop.
    coop9889 wrote: »
    ? should be shot for saying football is as boring as baseball

imo
    watching football on tv>>>>>being at the game
    being at a game>>>>>watching baseball on team

co ? sign. Last year i went to 2 big games in new england (patriots vs colts where the pats had a record setting point total and yankees vs redsox when the yankees over came a 9 run deficit). As a yankee/pats fan gladly both my teams won.

But next year im going to a few 1 p.m. games at gilette instead against scrubs like the bills or the dolphins (whatever one i can get a cheaper ticket yet nice centered seat to. Football is allot more enjoyable at the bar or at home with friends than at the game.

While baseball can also be boring at the games i am going to try to hit up some big marqee baseball matchups i.e. yanks angels at the bronx and yankees redsox at fenway cause the premium games like that ive been to are enjoyable and beats sitting on the couch for 3 hours instead of being at the game where the time goes slightly faster.

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So who's the ? that wrote this ? ? He had the audacity to say Football is boring, he is clearly a ? .
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    stupid as ? . this would be some fuckery that DDS would like.

list is invalid because the author sucks or cannot understand fantasy football. It is the greatest thing next to actual football that the world has ever known.
  • Matt-
    Options
    and everyone already knows too many teams get in the NBA playoffs
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    football boring? ?
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    this list was probably made up by some ? and/or females
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Whoever wrote the article is not a man
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Complex is just... bad... at everything they do.
  • ChicagoBears
    ChicagoBears Members Posts: 758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who owns Complex? And why do people still read that ? magazine?
  • D.D.S.
    Options
    lol @ yall catching feelings over a damn list.
  • Matt-
    Options
    D.D.S. wrote: »

lol @ you working at foot locker
  • D.D.S.
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    D.D.S. wrote: »

lol @ you working at foot locker

lmao i don't work there

• unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Complex brings the doodoo once again.
  • Jeremyiahest83
    Jeremyiahest83 Members Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn. You ? really gon make me click the link huh?
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Your favorite team is ? you.

Even if you don't care for the local team, or the sport, as a taxpayer you're saddled with financing a (supposedly) private empire. Most stadiums are constructed and renovated with public funds and, if your city government won't ? itself out for a retractable roof stadium, your favorite team will skip town. Why? So the owners aren't hassled with the upkeep of their own personal money printing factories.

Bottom line, you pay $30 to park in a stadium lot you helped finance, $250 for an officially licensed jersey, and, like, $7.50 for nachos. Go team!

had to comment on this. I have heard this b4. but it is narrow minded and short sighted. it is true but its deeper than that. you know how many ppl eat off local teams.... local bars, resturants and hotels etc. not to mention the teams employees. the teams helps boost the local economy.