What are your expectations for Born Sinner?

Options
idoitforhiphop10
idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
Based off Cole's Truly Yours EP and his Power Trip single, what are your expectations of Born Sinner? Theres not as much pressure this time around as it was before Sideline Story dropped. Are your expectations as high for this album as it was before his debut dropped? How do you think Born Sinner will pan out?

I personally think Cole will step it up this time around. He sees how all his peers are gettin acclaim now (Kendrick, Drake) and he sees he needs to up the ante a little. If you ask me, this album is more important than his first one. The quality of this album will determine if people will still check for him or not.

Comments

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Based off Cole's Truly Yours EP and his Power Trip single, what are your expectations of Born Sinner? Theres not as much pressure this time around as it was before Sideline Story dropped. Are your expectations as high for this album as it was before his debut dropped? How do you think Born Sinner will pan out?

I personally think Cole will step it up this time around. He sees how all his peers are gettin acclaim now (Kendrick, Drake) and he sees he needs to up the ante a little. If you ask me, this album is more important than his first one. The quality of this album will determine if people will still check for him or not.

But you can basically say that bout every album. And being that he had a successful debut I don't think this album is as important. Now you don't want to drop some ? and just assume your fan base will carry over. For example Wale 2nd album was more important b/c his 1st album flopped. If the 2nd album flopped then he'd be on the chitterlings circuit.

That ep wasn't really hitting on ? . I think power trip starting to catch up steam but it sounds kinda outta place when i hear on the radio i think it's his singing. But I expect the album to be better than Sideline Story. Which was a solid album but ? was kinda boring with no replay value. Maybe a little bit more uptempo and some production from others. I expect one of teh better releases of the year from Cole.

He got a date yet
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    That EP was boring as ? , and I'm a Cole fan.. Power Trip is cool..

My expectations are just as high for his next album as they were for his first album.. he dropped The Come Up, The Warm Up and FNL, along with damn good guest verses on songs such as A Star Is Born and Just Begun.. but alas, I was let down like a few months after I purchased Cole World.. that album doesn't have that much replay value to me..

But you're right, from 2012-present there were excellent releases from Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, Nasty Nas and Kendrick Lamar.. even on the mixtape circuit, you had contributions from Curren$y, A$AP Mob, Joey Bada$$, Action Bronson, Fabolous, Pusha-T etc... so yeah, I'm sure Cole is gonna up the ante for the next album, not just lyrically, but creatively (production, song concepts, song structures etc.) as well..
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I expect more of the same but with a little more diversity in the sound. He probably won win over any new fans.
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ihad low expectations for the first album and I still didn't like that album. the EP I like tho but I have low expectations for this one too
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Power Trip is way better than Work Out which is a good start. Like I always say, Coles issue is his hit or miss production. He said he's reaching out this album to other producers so we will see. That dude has delusions of grander with his beats.

Only this dude could be on a label with Timbo, Jhalil Beats, Noi.d.,etc and pick his beats.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Power Trip is way better than Work Out which is a good start. Like I always say, Coles issue is his hit or miss production. He said he's reaching out this album to other producers so we will see. That dude has delusions of grander with his beats.

Only this dude could be on a label with Timbo, Jhalil Beats, Noi.d.,etc and pick his beats.
    Cosign this whole post.. I hated Work Out (although the females loved it)..
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It be wack and a fail like his first LP.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »

I think his production is improving. Alot of people didn't even know that he produced Power Trip and were suprised when they found out he did, which is a good thing.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    better than his first album.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited March 2013
    Options
    His production isn't as bad as y'all make it out to be. But anyway I like Power Trip as a single and as the summer approaches it will eventually catch on. I hope Cole drops another solid album with improvement in his lyrics and more importantly EVOLVING as an emcee, you don't want to make another Sideline Story.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Better album but may sell less than b4
  • idoitforhiphop10
    Options
    nj2089 wrote: »
    Better album but may sell less than b4

Idk about the bolded. Sideline Story was underwhelming, but it still had good sales. If this is better than Sideline Story, I can see it selling more.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well power trip is catching on down this way cuz hoes putting lyrics up on they fb statues.. I ain't even talkin about Miguels haiku..actually Cole lyrics
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That EP was boring as ? , and I'm a Cole fan.. Power Trip is cool..

My expectations are just as high for his next album as they were for his first album.. he dropped The Come Up, The Warm Up and FNL, along with damn good guest verses on songs such as A Star Is Born and Just Begun.. but alas, I was let down like a few months after I purchased Cole World.. that album doesn't have that much replay value to me..

But you're right, from 2012-present there were excellent releases from Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, Nasty Nas and Kendrick Lamar.. even on the mixtape circuit, you had contributions from Curren$y, A$AP Mob, Joey Bada$$, Action Bronson, Fabolous, Pusha-T etc... so yeah, I'm sure Cole is gonna up the ante for the next album, not just lyrically, but creatively (production, song concepts, song structures etc.) as well..

This... After you drop the come up/warm up expectations are high and rightfully so. I think(well I know because he said it) that he knows that album could've been better. I also think that him and Kendrick being boys has motivated him because his album was supposed to get the same critical acclaim that GKMC got. He knows he can sell now but thats not enough for him, I think him and big k.r.i.t's follow up albums will ? on the first albums...
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I expect it to be boring and not memorable like most of his other ? .
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    More sleep inducing music, ? Cole cant even write it without getting sleepy.

4-1.jpg
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Born Sinner will go platinum, mark my words! He says he has a bigger single than Power Trip too.

He needs to do a better job with putting out visuals and carrying himself like a hermit.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Greatest Hip Hop album EVER !
  • idoitforhiphop10
    Options
    Nah i don't think he'll go platinum this go around. I think he'll do the same numbers he did last album. I think Cole will really be established by the time his 3rd album drops.