• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is a papoose
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Now watch this video for some perspective.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICTJxJRDdS0

There are a few more parts I think.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    11 minutes on papoose ? please
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Papoose is delusional about his own music

he kinda has a point about radio in general though
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm sure it's interesting, but I'll pass. I can't even listen to a 3 minute Papoose song, much less him talking for 11
  • D_Rap_Scholar
    D_Rap_Scholar Members Posts: 641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgLctKVC1lA

Gosh, it's hard to believe that radio used to sound like this, Man, times have changed ^^^^
  • starvin
    starvin Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    11 minutes on papoose ? please

well dayum

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL at getting a spot, how about you make music that people demand. Hot 97 could play Papoose every minute on the hour and people still ain't gonna buy his ? . The ? raps like he is reading Lil Wayne's punch lines off paper.
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    You ? do know that this is from december tho right? This was already posted and discussed back then.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didn't listen, album is dope though
  • usmarin3
    Options
    I respo Ebro for even having that convo (mainstream vs underground, lack of radio play,etc).

• P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at Papoose
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "? was all good just a week ago, til Ebro played Standardized Slaughter, and errybody killed themselves"

- Future rap lyric
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd usually clown Pap for this (old) ? , but he dropped a decent album, so I think some of those songs deserve a shot. The Cure would be a great radio single, as would Turn It Up. NY radio lost its identity anyway, so they wouldn't give a ? like Pap a chance. Kay Slay the only DJ in NY keepin it funky.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    LOL at getting a spot, how about you make music that people demand. Hot 97 could play Papoose every minute on the hour and people still ain't gonna buy his ? . The ? raps like he is reading Lil Wayne's punch lines off paper.

Right, because ? r calling up Hot 97 requesting them to play French Montana every 15 minutes... ?
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »

Right, because ? r calling up Hot 97 requesting them to play French Montana every 15 minutes... ?

French gets played on Hot 97 because the ? music is killing the clubs. When have you ever heard a Papass record in the club?

Ebro already broke down how radio worked on the Combat Jack Show, you seriously think anyone is checking for Papass.

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

French gets played on Hot 97 because the ? music is killing the clubs. When have you ever heard a Papass record in the club?

Ebro already broke down how radio worked on the Combat Jack Show, you seriously think anyone is checking for Papass.

LMAO @ tryna ? on Pap to defend French. French is just as ass on the mic as Pap. Matter of fact, Pap is actually dope, he just comes off corny... but ? , so does French. The difference is, French is willing to play the game, Pap isn't. And we all know what the game is, I don't gotta explain it at this point. Ironic that French's biggest single has 2 south rappers on it.
  • riddlerap
    riddlerap Members Posts: 17,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nice interview. Pap is smart, kinda like 50, but just didnt catch as many breaks, and keeps it a little bit more street, almost like he doesnt wanna completely give up that life..

Pap is like what Lloyd Banks would be without 50, just a chill dude with some insight, but doesnt care TOO much about being huge/mainstream.
  • usmarin3
    edited March 2013
    Options
    [
    Lab Baby wrote: »

LMAO @ tryna ? on Pap to defend French. French is just as ass on the mic as Pap. Matter of fact, Pap is actually dope, he just comes off corny... but ? , so does French. The difference is, French is willing to play the game, Pap isn't. And we all know what the game is, I don't gotta explain it at this point. Ironic that French's biggest single has 2 south rappers on it.

I do agree that French is ass, but that Ali Baba ? music is selling and moving the needle. I don't think it's a matter of Pap not willing to play the game, i just don't think he can.Nothing about that dude screams commercial to me, EVEN IF HE TRIED TO GO THAT ROUTE.

It's not like Pap is even moving his base, Joey Badass makes that type of music Pap makes and does a much better job and has a much bigger buzz.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hot 97 > Power 1051 except for their morning shows. Hot 97 plays better music and supports new artists better
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    The top 40 radio station here supports new talent in Chicago then the rap stations here
  • flacofitz
    flacofitz Members Posts: 358 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol wack ass papoose...wtf dey supposed play "donk jumpin"? Gtfoh skeletor