So Tyler album leaked 2 days ago...

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2013 in The Reason
Went into this album blind and high. No idea what to expect. Thought it'd be pushed back for sure. For the record I thought Bastard was a decent album, Goblin was way too bloated but Yonkers was the beat of the year imo. And both albums only had like, 5 dope songs each far as I was concerned, so they were both being overrated by all these crackers fascinated by his Rick James aura lol. Pitchfork dickride him while they ignore Sean Price smh. OF Tape 2, was ? TRASH FISCHER PRICE MY FIRST SONG ISH except for Oldie, and they showered that ? with accolades smfh. Tyler is the one w/ production skills, Left Brain is ass.

lol ? it

TL;DR: good beats ok lyrics i guess, easily his best album, white ppl will go ? crazy and gas it up as this epic masterpiece

http://youtu.be/w9_0s-54Zf4

Comments

• Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    You review an album but barely talk about the actual rapping. Is this ? an instrumental album or something? When you review a rap album you should actually talk about the RAPPING
    My thoughts exactly lol

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lost me when he mentioned Tyler The Creator...damn its in the title
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Worst. Review. Ever.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol i ain't even know tyler the trollater was releasin an album
  • bkzlostchild
    bkzlostchild Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The only thing I got outta this "review" is a reminder to d/l this ? when I get home from work
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    he is more "personal" on this album. he not doing that trolling ? . dude actually just rapping. I like the album
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only ? and skate-boarding nerds listen to Tyler the Creator...
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Cosign Monizzle, I ain't even know he was dropping another album.. doesn't he have an show on Adult Swim or some ? ?.. damn he wack as ? ..
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't ? wit odd future. Bunch of corny ass ? .
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I listened but couldn't really get into it. Bastard was the ? , goblin was hit or miss. Imma listen again but yea he was more personal on this album. As for the review, yea co-sign what everyone else said
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whaaaat? Nobody ? with this album? I figured ? would be all over this since Nas is "featured" on one of the tracks.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Caught me totally by surprise...Goat ? , goat...
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Worst review ever.

Go ? yourself T/s.
  • Swiffness!
    edited March 2013
    Options
    Yeah, I know it was a half-assed review. I'm lazy. Sue me, ? .
    blackrain wrote: »
    You review an album but barely talk about the actual rapping. Is this ? an instrumental album or something? When you review a rap album you should actually talk about the RAPPING

I was completely focused on the production side because OF Tape 2's beats was so ? trash, I immediately wanted to find out if this was gonna be a repeat of that. Answer's no, thankfully.

Lyrics take a while to sink in unless they're just obviously mind-blowingly amazing or wack, beats are easier to make a snap judgement on. Tyler sounded like he was putting effort in and trying more personal raps, but he ain't suddenly evolve into a top-tier MC or anything. All I can say for now after a small amount of listening time. (I'm caught up in this Durag Dynasty lp right now....)

now let's talk about.....

"CLASSIC"

Ppl stay calling mediocre-but-memorable albums like Ghetto Fabolous classic and albums w/ great beats but trash lyrics like Diplomatic Immunity classics. ? been arguing about this defintion on the IC for 14 ? years. I've decided I'm in the camp where "classic" is a relatively low bar. Masterpiece >>>>>>>> Classic. Gucci got "classic" mixtapes to me lol. And cultural impact factors into it, like it or not. But if cats wanna flip like I just compared Wolf to Cuban Linx or Midnight Marauders, they can go on ahead.
    I don't ? wit odd future. Bunch of corny ass ? .

Earl is the only ill MC in the group. Tyler basically just has voice, mic presence, and trolling ability. Woulda never listened to Domo if Alchemist hadn't produced his whole mixtape, same for Hodgy (how does any rapper score Flying Lotus beats?). Everyone else in OF? Trash, and Gudda Gudda would prolly chew them in a battle. As a crew they are way overrated and these idiots that have the nerve to call them "The New Wu" deserve to be buried alive. These white rock music websites dickride them heavy because they're all "oooh" "ahhhh" and impressed by this weirdo skater-kid black rapper that doesn't spit about flippin birds of ? , like wow what a new concept lol. These same websites wouldn't touch a Styles P album if you paid them, but Tyler says "? you ? " on a track and they write these long-ass articles about how "edgy" and "controversial" and "revolutionary" he is smh.
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Worst review ever.

Go read RapReviews.com some time then come talk to me lol. Start w/ It Was Written. Or check out AltRap's hilarious Blueprint 1 review. There's worse, trust me.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol...Swiffness! posted the review equivalent of Standardized Slaughter.
  • purpngold
    purpngold Members Posts: 7,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2013
    Options
    big ghost>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>this guy
  • Swiffness!
    edited March 2013
    Options
    sully wrote: »
    lol...Swiffness! posted the review equivalent of Standardized Slaughter.

lol apparently

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK!
    purpngold wrote: »
    big ghost>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>this guy

in related news the Heat are a better team than the Sixers right now

Look, I'm here to WARN ya'll: White People will crown this ? album of the year. I think its sad too, but I'm just saying.....don't shoot the messenger..........
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    drop some youtube videos b
  • Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    worst album review ever.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? are critics of critics

bout to find this leak didn't know it had leaked
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This album totally caught me by surprise. I dont ? with OF, I did hear his first 2 albums and didnt care for them. But this album was really good. He's a little toned down so he isnt rapping foolishness much, dude can spit. The Beats are good too. The first half of the album is dope, towards the end is where he does his typical Tyler ? and it goes downhill somewhat. And there is no Nas feature, pretty sure its an old audio of him speaking.

7/10 rating