did blacks hate Regan or bush jr. more as president?

Options
damobb2deep
damobb2deep Members Posts: 19,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in The Social Lounge
I was born April of 88 so I was alive when Regan was president but only a few months old when the 1st bush took office.. I hear da horror stories of Regan during dat time.. So I can only imagin how it was.. Well obviously I am aware of what bush did.. And I definitely kno black hated dude.. So between them 2 who do u think blacks hated more?

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its kinda like comparing a headache to a headache.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Reagan by far
    Damn really cuz as an adult now it seems damn near impossible 2 be a worse president den bush jr. lol
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aint none of us in a position to really know, honestly.

But from what I know I would say Reagan hands down. 'Reagan Era' and 'Reaganomics' are two terms we still hear to this day. Reagan was hated specifcally for his policies against minorities.

Bush spread the love with his hate. He was hated universally
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reagan was disliked but really people had mixed feelings cause he was known for his conservative ways as a actor but people liked his movies. His real actions came after he was president with the Iran/Contra scandal.

The first Bush was only one term. Clinton was already doing his thing as a up and coming candidate. Clinton was want Jimmy Carter should have been.

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even people who don't follow politics know Reagan is the devil. I was born in Apr of 84 but I follow politics and listen to dude's speeches today and wonder how the hell he got elected.

The media machine has lightened up on Reagan a lot lately, I'm sure you all saw the cover of Time Mag with "Obama ♥ Reagan" on the cover...that alone tells you that the revisionist history of that time period is going to begin.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Even people who don't follow politics know Reagan is the devil. I was born in Apr of 84 but I follow politics and listen to dude's speeches today and wonder how the hell he got elected.

The media machine has lightened up on Reagan a lot lately, I'm sure you all saw the cover of Time Mag with "Obama ♥ Reagan" on the cover...that alone tells you that the revisionist history of that time period is going to begin.

I feel u... American mainstream media will never admit we can have "bad presidents" all they will do is wait 20-30 years and hope people who are alive are too young 2 remember what happened or simpily 4got how bad it was during dat time
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    Obama

90+ percent of blacks love Obama tho..
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reagan was the president during his time in office. The Cold war made him a favorite. If it was no cold war Reagan would be a failure. I very young during his time in office but remember the Berlin wall speech. The Movies during that time reminds me of propaganda movies. But the scare of the Russians was real! People was really scared of Nuclear war.

Hindsight is 20/20 though so it seems like he should have been hated back then.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's one person you bring up in the house and my grandfather going to get his gun
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    That's one person you bring up in the house and my grandfather going to get his gun

Lmao!! ? is real.. I remember when Regan died it was all ova t.v... Like people was posta be sad ? aint care... ? was more sad dat Ray Charles died around dat time then Regan.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    Obama

90+ percent of blacks love Obama tho..

Not ture. fales numbers. Nobody likes that black cracka.

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    typically, you hate the president in office the most, because the current president is always the WORST EVER or the BEST EVER
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i like how damobb refuses to spell Reagan's name correctly
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    typically, you hate the president in office the most, because the current president is always the WORST EVER or the BEST EVER
    Not true... think president ford was neither loved or hated president carter either...
  • janklow
    Options
    Not true... think president ford was neither loved or hated president carter either...
    Ford is not the BEST example, considering he was only president because Nixon resigned; however, you might also be forgetting how much people hated him at the time for pardoning Nixon. do we not recall his popularity?

Carter not hated? wow.

but really, my theory is that you were not alive for either presidency, which is basically my point: when Carter was president, people HATED him. now? it's in the past. whereas Obama is the WORST EVER or BEST EVER president, or maybe Bush II is the WORST EVER or BEST EVER president.

• DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ronald Reagan..
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    Ford is not the BEST example, considering he was only president because Nixon resigned; however, you might also be forgetting how much people hated him at the time for pardoning Nixon. do we not recall his popularity?

Carter not hated? wow.

but really, my theory is that you were not alive for either presidency, which is basically my point: when Carter was president, people HATED him. now? it's in the past. whereas Obama is the WORST EVER or BEST EVER president, or maybe Bush II is the WORST EVER or BEST EVER president.

U are rite I wassnt born so all I can go off of is peoples opinion and what I read.. But the reason I said carter wassnt hated or loved was because most presidents have that 1 agenda that people kno u for and as far as history is concerned it dont equal the agendas of other more "famous" presidents...
  • janklow
    Options
    U are rite I wassnt born so all I can go off of is peoples opinion and what I read.. But the reason I said carter wassnt hated or loved was because most presidents have that 1 agenda that people kno u for and as far as history is concerned it dont equal the agendas of other more "famous" presidents...
    talk to people who were around for Carter's presidency and you'll see some of that emotion.
  • damobb2deep
    Options
    Killer Mike summed it up best:

even tho i feel what he sayin... he generalized a lil 2 much...

Obama actually has repealed some of regans drug laws..
  • CracceR
    CracceR Members Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Reagan that sucker started the war on drugs and blacc ppl like/drugs
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • J. Will
    J. Will Members Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Funny thing about Regan is he didnt start out as a Republican..nor was he conservative in his acting days or while he was head of the Screen Actors Guild..

They originally wanted Charlton Heston to run but he refused to run so they persuaded Reagan to fall in line..Reagan was their guy way before he announced, they groomed him for years then when Carter's term was up the Republicans swooped in and got their guy in office..