Systematically, we ALL know the 'E is broken. How would YOU fix it?

Options
Mister B.
Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
From the matches to who gets pushes to title regin to PPVs. If Vince gave you the keys for ONE YEAR, how would you destroy and rebuld the 'E to a more enjoyable product for all.

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    id prolly start with getting rid of current creative and id replace them with people who are actually into and/or were once apart of wrestling
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    tv-ma
    this

plus fire the Creative team and hire Paul Heyman to write some fire
  • hokashi
    hokashi Members Posts: 102
    Options
    Cm punk is doing it right now
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tv-ma

Powerful posting.

• i'd definitely ban celebrity hosting.

• like dalyricalbandit, I'll put Paul back in the creative driver's seat.

• revamp the whole roster, and probably make some alot cuts.

• at the same time, find more better talent yo replace the ones I've cut. Maybe even snatch some from TNA.

• take a look @ it, I'll just bring Karma back and have her wreck shop.

• Encourage Punk to go back his unfiltered self before he resigned his contract. He would be the only kickin off the new WWE. And FINALLY kick off the Punk vs Stone Cold feud.

• Give Mark Henry another push.

• End the dumb azzz gimmicks.

• Turn Cena heel...FINALLY.

• add lightweight division like the WCW days.

• illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    darkone360 wrote: »
    tv-ma

Powerful posting.

• i'd definitely ban celebrity hosting.

• like dalyricalbandit, I'll put Paul back in the creative driver's seat.

• revamp the whole roster, and probably make some alot cuts.

• at the same time, find more better talent yo replace the ones I've cut. Maybe even snatch some from TNA.

• take a look @ it, I'll just bring Karma back and have her wreck shop.

• Encourage Punk to go back his unfiltered self before he resigned his contract. He would be the only kickin off the new WWE. And FINALLY kick off the Punk vs Stone Cold feud.

• Give Mark Henry another push.

• End the dumb azzz gimmicks.

• Turn Cena heel...FINALLY.

• add lightweight division like the WCW days.

^^^^^^^WWE hire this man immediately

• TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when HHH takes over full control of WWE, the product will be better.............PERIOD!!
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smackdown needs to be its own show instead of a replay show of what happen on Raw.I remember when smackdown was actually just as good or better than Raw sometimes.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Best way to fix it is to stop watching the product until they force itself to get better to make you start watching it again (use the proverbial gun to ya head).

TNA did that for me recently, WWE and WCW did that for me in 96.

Make it like one of my ex's and make me feel like I'm missing something when I'm not spending time with you.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The rating is not the problem. Just better writers and stop the Acme Acres ? ...
  • Dupac
    Options
    you know when revamps do the best?

when fans of the golden era are in the drivers seats....

for example, the new bat man trilogy, the avengers and a lotta other super hero movies these days are better because the kids who grew up loving this ? ....are now old enough to represent the ? the way they know it needs to be done....

look at the new tmnt cartoons again...you can tell by watching that the people who producing this ? are from our era...kids who grew up on it and wanna see them do the ? right.....

with wrestling...you need people around who were in middle and highschool during the attitude era...people who used to mark out to wrestling...and can give a ? about what marketing says,...they just wanna put on a product that rivals the ? that made monday mornings after a ppv, and tuesday mornings after a raw GOAT....

first time i finger popped a chick was cuz she was a big wrestling fan, and her mom would order all the ppv's....

moms goes to bed around 10...and im down stairs ? her daughter till 11 wheni had to call my cab......

ain't nobody finger banging broads to this weak ass product...smh
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Like i said stop watching stop buying or theres no incentive fir the product to get better. If dudes still are buying my ? as is why bother improving it?
  • Dupac
    Options
    i was pretty tipsy when i typed that last night...i don't even know if i should read it
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    **Warning: Titangraph**

Last night's Mania was the epitome of just how far the 'E has fallen off. When the best match is a 50-year-old dude who last full match was LAST YEAR's Mania and the guy who should be champ, that's an issue. Vince needs to overhaul alot of things, and I'll break it down:

Talent - Gut half that ? roster. Some dudes can't carry a match and are botch-a-holics (Sin Cara, Ryback, half the Divas), some can't cut a decent promo (Ryder, Swagger) and some are utterly useless to the company (I hate to say it but THE ROCK and HBK, Khali). Old heads that been around need to make a choice: The 'E or showbiz. Taker can't be wrestling one match a year. Time to hang it up. And unless HBK is going to start pulling commentator duty, he doesn't need to be there at all.

Pushes - How the 'E managed to ? up Ziggler's MITB is beyond befuddlement. Either let him win a chip or let him cash the ? in and lose. Kofi needs a push again; he's been on Ryder status for MONTHS now. What are they doing with Orton, again?

Titles - The company's BIGGEST downfall right now. The belts are being treated as if they aren't worth ? . Letting Rocky hold that damn belt after February was a mistake, and giving back to Hulk Cena is even worse. Plus, I'm not even sure if there are IC title bouts anymore. THAT belt used to mean something. There was ALWAYS at least six dudes competeing for a shot at the IC Champ. Tag team titles, too. Between PTP, Kofi & Truth, The Dancing Heavyweights Brodius Clay and Tensai, Primo & Epico, and yes, even The Shield (I'd say given them a tag-title run, Jersey Triad-style), they could have a pretty decent Tag Team Division.

PPVs - The main reason why storylines suck (other than the obvious PG holdback) is that PPVs are happening every month, so the storylines aren't getting the time to play themselves out. I'd cut that to 4-5 a year. The Core Four of PPVs - Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, SummerSlam, and Survivor Series. Maybe one of the lesser known PPVs on a rotating basis.

Either way you slice it, the 'E needs to improve a shitload to gain back or get new fans.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who ? hoes to cena?

anybody
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    c/s who ever said less ppv's i think just taking it down to 9 or fewer ppv's a year could make a big difference
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    @ Sion...wasn't there talks about Vince starting his own WWE TV network? I could've sworn that was happening but they had a setback.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Options
    @ Truth...I gotta disagree with one part about your post. The reason why Rock, HHH, and Michaels are brought back is b/c of the ? roster now.

Honestly tho, I'm sick of Cena. WWE need to start bringing in some fresh faces to carry that title.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? I would get rid of the whole "roster on this Night, roster on that Night" ?

Thats when I started to lose interest
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    ? it..... SMMFH.... let me post this real quick before I log out

Strengthen the Mid Card
    Put the spotlight on the mid card and strengthen it, the mid card MAKES the show, the main eventers are for the PPVs and the end of the segment but if the mid card aint poppin the show is gonna lag. Doing this would also bring back prestige to the IC & US titles. Used to be a time when being intercontinental champ was a big deal.

Get the WWE it's own TV channel and change it to 'Mature' rating
    Create they own TV channel and get viacom or these other broadcast companies to carry it, then change the rating to Mature. All the money Vince got I know this shouldn't be a problem.

Bring back Cruiserweight & ? Divisions
    Bring back the cruiserweight division, say what you want but this ? was incredible and something for the fans, there's sooo much talent there. Bring back the ? division as well, if they can't do the Mature rating thing then I'd still like to see ? matches, table matches, stuff like that occasionally *sighs* -_- .... even w/o the blood.

Build up LEGIT Tag Teams
    Once again this feeds into strengthening the mid card. There are no good tag teams that are worth watching and rooting for. The problem tho is what you got too many people who want to do it on they own and not team up with nobody. If they need talent then peep ROH they've got some talent over there they could sign.

Create a new face faction
    It doesn't have to be DX or nWo but it's gotta borrow from that. And no more heel factions give us a face faction. The heel factions are boring, Shield, Nexus, Straight Edge Society *yawns* done to death and we don't even love to hate them, half the time the promos they cut is terrible and their matches are more comedic than good. Give us a face faction who break the rules and make us want to cheer for them.

Merge the 2 shows and unify the world titles
    You don't need 2 separate shows and 2 separate world titles, just merge it into one and add 2 more championships: cruiserweight, ? and maybe TV title. You got practically 3 shows on a week, Raw, Smackdown, sometimes those segments like Heat or weekly wrap up, you've got more than 7 hours of TV time per week. You can give people the right pushes and give everyone a turn.

Change Up The Venues
    Remember when they had the ring in like Baseball diamonds, Opera houses or at the beach & you had cats like Bruno Sammartino running thru the crowds, dapping the players and droppin ? ? Do stuff like that. Like open the ceiling and reveal the night sky and have the spotlight on cats wrestling, THAT would be dope. When WCW used to do that it was so GOAT. I miss that ? man.

I almost would've hit GOAT until you said SES was boring. Now, I had stopped watching them, but I seem a lot of them on YouTube and that was really some good ? . It's the writers that put them in such horrible spots, but Punk made the best of it and was genius with that ? .

I do co-sign everything besides that.
  • VIBE
    Options
    I was going to post what Sion posted basically, that is spot on.
  • VIBE
    Options
    I think completely unifying the shows and doing live SmackDown! shows would be better.

I personally don't think they should unify the titles though, they should retire the WHC. I've always hated "world" because it's technically just in the WWE, so keeping the WWE title would be better.

I also think there should be something similar to boxing/UFC as in weight classes.

Only allowing certain people to capitalize on titles. If you're in a WWE title class (heavyweight) you can go for any title.

Or if you're a cruiserweight (light weight) you can go for anything below this. (Tag, TV, IC, US or ? )

I think there needs to be a light heavyweight title though, something for the Miz or Ziggler to carry.

I also think there should be the proper "precious metals" used in the titles.

Platinum = WWE title
    Gold = Light Heavyweight and IC
    Silver = Cruiserweight, US and Women's
    Bronze = Tag Team and TV
    Aluminum = ?

That's 8 titles, spread over a decently sized roster.

I think a TV title would be nice to help build up new talent. To see if they have what it takes.

Making classes would help things flow nicely as well.

Also, limit ppvs to one every 2 months, or 6 a year. Make runs have meanings and possibly have more title shots and exchanges on TV, not force us to pay to see these ALL the time.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First off I'd cut the pay per views down to about 6-7 a year there are to many now and feuds don't have a real chance to develop.

I would put the mid card guys in meaningful feuds and rivalries.

Guys like Cesaro, Wade Barrett, Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, Swagger, Daniel Bryan, Fandango, The Miz, Cody Rhodes, Sandow, Otunga, Brodus Clay, Zach Ryder, Big E Langston etc would all be in the mix conpeting for that I.C. and U.S. title.

WWE doesnt even use a lot of these guys they just job them to the main eventers.

Give those guys some decent storylines better gimmicks and air time and see how far they go.

I'd give those mid card guys the first hour or hour an a half of Raw.

I'd basically let them carry the bulk of the show.

For the heavyweight title I'd have guys who aren't quite main eventers yet or are passed their prime carrying this strap.

Guys like Ziggler, Jehicho, ADR, Mark Henry, Sheamus, Big Show, can easily hold that title down. (not quite main event guys but not quite mid card guys either maybe one or two upper mid card guys)

Always keep 5-6 guys feuding with one another for that WHC strap and build up the storylines in the feuds to make the characters more believable and connect with the fans more.

Get 3 or 4 legitimate tag teams maybe even recruit some young guys from NXT and pair them so they get in ring chemistry.

Let them come to the WWE shows and let them have similar or matching attire so they look like a legitimate tag team and not just a couple of singles guys thrown together to make a tag team.

People tend to forget but some of the greatest wrestlers in history started out in tag teams (Sting, Bret Hart, Shawn Micheals, etc).

Keep the top 3 or 4 guys (Punk, Cena, maybe Orton) in the company in the hunt for the WWE championship.(main event guys)

I'd give the guys less but more meaningful title reigns to many guys have held that belt to much.

Whats Cena like 35 or 36 years old and he's already had like 11 title reigns ? he's on pace to have more than Ric Flair did over like a 40 year career span already SMH

I say let the champions have longer more meaningful reigns instead of dropping the belt as much.

Occassionally at one or two pay per views a year have those guys in the WWE championship picture put over a new guy.

This would keep the feuds fresh and give the sense of a guys having to work their way from the bottom to the top.

I will use Ryback for example seems like he got an instant main event push they should have brought him up through the mid card and gave him time to develop a better skill set and mic work, but no instead they gave him an instant main event push. SMH

Id over haul the writing team too.

I'd work to push more edgy angles adult angles and a mature rating.

I'd also take a strong look at the indy circuit and get some of its best talent there are some hidden jewels out there.

Go out and hire a real GM that knows something about wrestling and actually how to book matches and feuds.

Ocassionally when I got 2-3 heels that were really over with the crowd I'd make a stable
  • VIBE
    Options
    I think it would be cool to have an NXT night on RAW and SmackDown!

Once a month have some of the best talent come to the shows and put on a match and cut some promos. It would give NXT some more views and give the fans a glimpse Into what is coming out of NXT to the big stage.