Game Series Face off Vol.2 Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter

Options
genocidecutter
genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in IllGaming
Mortal Kombat
Mortal-Kombat-Characters.jpg
is a series of fighting games created by Ed Boon and John Tobias. The first four renditions and their updates were developed by Midway Games and initially released on arcade machines, and later to home consoles. The arcade titles were later picked up by Acclaim Entertainment for the home console conversions. Beginning with Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Midway Games exclusively created home versions of Mortal Kombat up until Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe. Following Midway's bankruptcy, the franchise was picked up by Warner Bros. in July 2009 and became a part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. The most recent title is Mortal Kombat which is an alternate retelling of the events from the first three games in the series.
The development of the first game was originally based on idea of making a video game starring Jean-Claude Van Damme, but that idea fell through and Mortal Kombat was created instead and released in 1992. As a result of its success, Mortal Kombat has spawned many sequels and has been spun off into several action-adventure games, films (animated and live-action with its own sequel), and television series (animated and live-action). Other spin-offs include various comic book series, a card game and a live-action tour.
The series is known for its high levels of ? violence, including, most notably, its Fatalities—finishing moves, requiring a sequence of buttons to perform, which, in part, led to the creation of the ESRB. The series name itself is also known for using the letter "K" in place of "C" for the hard C sound, thus intentionally misspelling the word "combat," as well as other words with the hard C sound within later games in the series. Early games in the series were especially noted for its realistic digitized sprites (which differentiated it from its contemporaries' hand-drawn sprites), as well as an extensive use of palette swapping to create new characters.
Or
Street Fighter
street-fighter-doocell.jpg
commonly abbreviated as SF or スト, is a series of fighting games developed in Japan. The game's playable characters originate from around the world, each with his or her own unique fighting style.
Since Capcom released the first arcade game in August 1987, the series has had total home software sales of 33 million units, and arcade cabinet sales of over 500,000 units generating more than $1 billion in revenue,qualifying it for the list of best-selling video game franchises. The best-selling game in the series, Street Fighter II, exceeded $1.5 billion in revenue. The franchise has enjoyed significant success all around the world.

Game Series Face off Vol.2 Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter 15 votes

Mortal Kombat
26%
will grimeyearth two supermandeemula420Def_Jam_Rocks 4 votes
Street Fighter
73%
vespesianus[Deleted User]funkdocdamcnawledge_godvagrant-718grumpy_new_yorkerL3NUgenocidecutterPK_TK_187LUClENohhhla 11 votes

Comments

• genocidecutter
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Street Fighter
    If you vote for Mk you better have a good reason besides blood and fatailitys or Im flagging you for trolling
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    women always vote first
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Oh hell na.. I'm stayin outta this one.
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    Street Fighter
    0-5 so far
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    Street Fighter
    i really dont care for Street Fighter games but since i love Marvel vs Capcom and it plays the same i voted Street Fighter.
    The first 3 MKs>>>Street Fighter
    Shaolin Monks>>>>>
  • vespesianus
    vespesianus Members Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Street Fighter
    On a technical level, it's always been SF > MK. The tactics, strategies, mechanics, and depth of the SF series have always been much better than MK. The only thing I like better about MK is the story and the character design, but as fighting games, it's no contest.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Street Fighter
    PK_TK_187 wrote: »
    i really dont care for Street Fighter games but since i love Marvel vs Capcom and it plays the same i voted Street Fighter.
    Shaolin Monks>>>>>

MvC plays nothing like Street Fighter aside from the SF characters having the same moves for the most part.
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mortal Kombat
    Damn no luv for MK? SF set the standard, but MK made it look cool.
    On SF, keeping someone in the corner is worst than camping on BO2...
  • PK_TK_187
    PK_TK_187 Members Posts: 2,240
    Options
    Street Fighter
    Shaolin Monks>>>>>

MvC plays nothing like Street Fighter aside from the SF characters having the same moves for the most part.

dude i'm right.
    the reason i was able to play MvC so well is because it had Street Fighters easy combo system.
    Marvel characters moves were done just like Street Fighter.
    take it hpow you want but real gamers know its the same game with different characters.
    like all fighting games
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Street Fighter
    Shaolin Monks>>>>>

dude i'm right.
    the reason i was able to play MvC so well is because it had Street Fighters easy combo system.
    Marvel characters moves were done just like Street Fighter.
    take it hpow you want but real gamers know its the same game with different characters.
    like all fighting games

lmao @ the bolded. Don't even have to respond now because you lost all credibility with that ? ....but I will. So, Guilty Gear/Blaz Blue, MK, KOF, Street Fighter, Tekken, Virtua Fighter & DOA all play the same, huh....okay, lol. Based on your post, you aren't a real gamer tho.
  • genocidecutter
    Options
    Street Fighter
    2-9 sf takes this. Vol 3 coming next