Adam's Calendar and the Stone Circles

Options
The Lonious Monk
The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
Anyone ever hear about this. Relatively recently, they discovered a bunch of ruins and stone structures in Southern Africa. They are saying that these things are remnants from African cities that were constructed 200,000 years ago making them by far the earliest human settlements on the planet.

The only thing I can find on them is the stuff that's being pushed by the guys that discovered them. 200,000 years ago seems to be a big push for a city that they say may have been bigger and more populated than the previously thought first cities that popped up tens of thousands of years later.

Here's one of the links that gives some of the information:

http://www.viewzone.com/adamscalendar.html

Oh and of course if you read some of the other information on this you'll quickly see that the credit for these cities isn't given to ancient africans but to aliens. Anyway, does anyone have any other info on this, preferably from reputable scientists that don't necessarily agree with the guys who found these sites?

Comments

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've seen something similar to that in a thread on sohh. but these weren't just stone ruins. they were imprints and remains of an ancient metropolis or an advanced civilization.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I've seen something similar to that in a thread on sohh. but these weren't just stone ruins. they were imprints and remains of an ancient metropolis or an advanced civilization.

Yeah, that's the same thing. The stone circles I mentioned are supposed to be the sites of several large cities.
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok, so some indigenous Africans stacked some rocks in circle formations, big ? ' deal. what's your point?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Are you illiterate? We're not just talking about a few rocks stacked in circle formations. We're talking about what some people consider to be the remnants of several large cities that formed an ancient metropolis. If these ruins are what the people suggest they are it would be a major find because A) It is typically believed that no such cities existed in southern Africa until after 1000 AD and B) These cities would predate all other cities in the world by a long time.