lyrically who is on AZ's level

Options
2»

Comments

• themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cats need to remember AZ came out around the same time as the Wu...Big....Nas and Jay....and AZs talent was well respected.....terrible promotion was the reason why he's never mentioned among the GOATS.....he easily had one of the best albums in 95 with his debut Doe Or Die.....I wonder what "Bring It On" what have sounded like if Nas and AZ would have been on it instead of Sauce Money and Jaz(track was still fiyah though)

was this supposed to happen? theres the rumor that brooklyns finest was supposed to be ny's finest with Nas and AZ but never heard this one

I'm pretty sure it was Bring It On....even though I could be mistaken....but I know both Nas and AZ was supposed to make appearances on Reasonable Doubt and that Jay wanted to be in The Firm
  • KeepinItHundred
    KeepinItHundred Members Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭
    Options
    hokashi wrote: »
    Nas was never better than A he always got outshined.

You might need a dictionary thats why yall prolly dont see this man is top 3 easily.

Dude is simple but deep as ? dude said eloheem one time and I almost bugged out.

You have to be on a certain level to understand.

Saying eloheem makes you bug out? Trag has a song called eloheem.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cats need to remember AZ came out around the same time as the Wu...Big....Nas and Jay....and AZs talent was well respected.....terrible promotion was the reason why he's never mentioned among the GOATS.....he easily had one of the best albums in 95 with his debut Doe Or Die.....I wonder what "Bring It On" what have sounded like if Nas and AZ would have been on it instead of Sauce Money and Jaz(track was still fiyah though)

was this supposed to happen? theres the rumor that brooklyns finest was supposed to be ny's finest with Nas and AZ but never heard this one

I'm pretty sure it was Bring It On....even though I could be mistaken....but I know both Nas and AZ was supposed to make appearances on Reasonable Doubt and that Jay wanted to be in The Firm

Yeah, I heard a similar rumor. I know for a fact Jay wanted both Nas and AZ on RD, I forgot what song(s) tho... it might have been that.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay wanted nas in the dead presidents video too, AZ was there it's too bad no music ever came out of that, I wonder if AZ was just being loyal to Nas or did they have no use for AZ without Nas
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay wanted nas in the dead presidents video too, AZ was there it's too bad no music ever came out of that, I wonder if AZ was just being loyal to Nas or did they have no use for AZ without Nas

I think AZ was just riding with Nas.....because @ the time Nas was aligned with Rae & Ghost and Jay was aligned with B.I.G....
  • nineties
    nineties Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    smh. Im listening to Hustler on Aziatic and some wack guest bit a Biggie line but I guess he was paying homage or whatever

"Unh, Yo, Jesus Christ yo, he just nice
    Like a ginszu blade ? , he just slice"
  • double jay
    double jay Members Posts: 70 ✭✭
    Options
    optimistic wrote: »
    AZ is not underrated foh ? ? me with this ? . the same ? that say BIG cant be goat because of lack of material act like dude didn't have plenty of opportunity to shine and didn't

^^^^^
    This. AZ is like Joe Johnson for the Nets. A good solid NBA player. nothing more nothing less. If he was going to be a Kobe he would have been one by now.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    double jay wrote: »
    optimistic wrote: »
    AZ is not underrated foh ? ? me with this ? . the same ? that say BIG cant be goat because of lack of material act like dude didn't have plenty of opportunity to shine and didn't

^^^^^
    This. AZ is like Joe Johnson for the Nets. A good solid NBA player. nothing more nothing less. If he was going to be a Kobe he would have been one by now.

Pretty good analogy, but joe johnson is getting paid Kobe type money, AZ got Kobe type skills but is getting paid marshon brooks type money
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZ gets so much props for being underrated, he's starting to become overrated...
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we're going to act like AZ don't use the same syllable flow on every track?
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aziatic: one of the best rap albums of 2002..
  • nineties
    nineties Members Posts: 506 ✭✭✭
    Options

other than The essence and I'm back, it was wack, sorry.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nineties wrote: »

other than The essence and I'm back, it was wack, sorry.
    No need to apologize because it wasn't wack..
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

that ? would've been crazy
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    AZ is in the realm of Masta Ace, DOOM, Sauce Money and Jean Grae to me. Great lyricists, could be GOATs... but because of label politics or cuz they choose to, they never got the mainstream push they needed.
    Az bodied nasir on Lifes a ? .His verse made nasir sound like an elementary rappa tryna compete wit the Varsity

Stahp.

EXCUSE ME??? NOOOOOOOO
  • qawshun
    Options
    come on esco, jay, styles budden off the top of my head can all bang out with azilla and win but that don't mean the boy is a slouch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYk5hhJ-2gs he got heat
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Budden is not better than AZ. Some of y'all are just hating.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZ is like Nas, but more boring. He's dope lyrically, but he lacks the right beats and lacks that entertaining factor on a lot of his songs.
  • qawshun
    Options
    Budden is not better than AZ. Some of y'all are just hating.
    all do respect to az but you really don't wanna go that route. all Az has over him is that classic flow. not taking anything from A but imo track for track he's gonna lose