• aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh at dem giving him an award at proofs funeral
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    My only beef with Em is that he didn't do enough for Detroit. Them D12 ? is borderline, and Proof actually was more of a mouthpiece for the D than Em was. He should've done records with Dilla, Elzhi, Phat Kat, Guilty and them. He "put on" Royce, but technically he had a career before Em (they met while Royce was opening for Usher).

What? They was borderline but they was from Detroit right? "Technically" Royce had a career before(not really) but he was from Detroit right? What about Obie Trice? Dude has a platinum plaque. ? , I just named 90% of Shady records from Detroit. Not too mention him doing the Chrysler thing, doing the Jayz show in Detroit lol I expect better from u Lab
  • CirocObama
    CirocObama Members Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    My only beef with Em is that he didn't do enough for Detroit. Them D12 ? is borderline, and Proof actually was more of a mouthpiece for the D than Em was. He should've done records with Dilla, Elzhi, Phat Kat, Guilty and them. He "put on" Royce, but technically he had a career before Em (they met while Royce was opening for Usher).

Name one rapper that they haven't said this about? I respect your opinion but overall ? say that to every rapper like it's just that easy. The fact that Eminem actually involved himself in those D-12 projects which gave them a huge boost obviously should be enough cuz them ? was corny.

Now Proof did spit, don't know if he wrote his own rhymes or not though. Mr. Porter is nice and things like that but overall as a collective they were corny.

I wouldn't wanna be a rapper i tell you that much. Rappers have to help the entire community they were from, even if most them ppl didn't help them or gave a ? about them, nor do they ever ask actors, local street ? with clout that they always defend, sports players and so on as much, have to put on their entire region, have to feed the homeless, have to donate charity, have to be role models and all of the above all of which is unrealistic with the way things work in the world.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What? They was borderline but they was from Detroit right? "Technically" Royce had a career before(not really) but he was from Detroit right? What about Obie Trice? Dude has a platinum plaque. ? , I just named 90% of Shady records from Detroit. Not too mention him doing the Chrysler thing, doing the Jayz show in Detroit lol I expect better from u Lab

True. But do you know how deep the Detroit rap scene is? SV alone has their own cult following. Fat Killahz, 5 Ela, Invincible, Angel Haze, Fat Ray, Qwest McCody, Que D, plus the others I already mentioned... the list goes on and on. D12 was his mans, so that was a given. I'll give you Obie. I dunno... I just feel like if I had the money and power that Em had, and seeing how underrated my city is, I'd at least give myself the opportunity to work with everyone. I always said he needed to do a straight up Detroit album with beats from Dilla, Milk and RJ.
    CirocObama wrote: »

Name one rapper that they haven't said this about? I respect your opinion but overall ? say that to every rapper like it's just that easy. The fact that Eminem actually involved himself in those D-12 projects which gave them a huge boost obviously should be enough cuz them ? was corny.

Now Proof did spit, don't know if he wrote his own rhymes or not though. Mr. Porter is nice and things like that but overall as a collective they were corny.

I wouldn't wanna be a rapper i tell you that much. Rappers have to help the entire community they were from, even if most them ppl didn't help them or gave a ? about them, nor do they ever ask actors, local street ? with clout that they always defend, sports players and so on as much, have to put on their entire region, have to feed the homeless, have to donate charity, have to be role models and all of the above all of which is unrealistic with the way things work in the world.

Proof did write his own ? . He was the only ? that can outfreestyle Em. All I'm saying is Em is in a rare position. He's the biggest thing in his city, but it's mostly underground. Now, I can't expect Jay to work with everyone from NY, or Rick Ross to work with everyone from MIA, cuz they already have multiple outlets. But being an Em fan, as much as a SV fan and a Black Milk fan, it sucks to see such talent go unnoticed when Em is one of the biggest things in rap. Just sayin.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options

True. But do you know how deep the Detroit rap scene is? SV alone has their own cult following. Fat Killahz, 5 Ela, Invincible, Angel Haze, Fat Ray, Qwest McCody, Que D, plus the others I already mentioned... the list goes on and on. D12 was his mans, so that was a given. I'll give you Obie. I dunno... I just feel like if I had the money and power that Em had, and seeing how underrated my city is, I'd at least give myself the opportunity to work with everyone. I always said he needed to do a straight up Detroit album with beats from Dilla, Milk and RJ.

Proof did write his own ? . He was the only ? that can outfreestyle Em. All I'm saying is Em is in a rare position. He's the biggest thing in his city, but it's mostly underground. Now, I can't expect Jay to work with everyone from NY, or Rick Ross to work with everyone from MIA, cuz they already have multiple outlets. But being an Em fan, as much as a SV fan and a Black Milk fan, it sucks to see such talent go unnoticed when Em is one of the biggest things in rap. Just sayin.

I understand what u saying but gotta remember his own city didn't even support him while he was comin up. Can't remember the song but he admitted to being bitter towards the city for that. Can't blame the dude cause they all hopped on his sack nh when he got big and they "expected" him to put the city on(which he did). U can't help or please everybody bruh and imo he did more than enough. Royce is one of the nicest cats to ever grace the mic and Em put that ? on after having a shaky relationship with the dude.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it was Pacewon or Redman that said Em was getting more love in Jersey than he was in Detroit. Back when him and bizarre were runnin with the Outsidaz
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I get what you are saying which is why Big Sean making it is such a beautiful thing. Outside of Em nobody from Detroit blew up. There are local artist that have their own following but that's where it stops. He could've reached out and brought some people with him or gave the rap scene a platform to be heard.
    During the height of his popularity an Em cosign would've done wonders for anybody. especially with the white audience, just look at how they worship 50 til this day.
    if he would've put the spotlight on the city it could've been huge
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I'm not listening to nobody talk about Eminem for 2 hours B. I already know...blah blah blah "racist tapes", yada yada yada "white corporate America", etc etc "culture vulture" its always the same ? .

Hip-hop doesn't need "saving" because there's only a few people who even think Eminem is the be all end all, and those people don't know much about hip-hop in general anyway.

you about to rack up at least 30 co-signs
  • alejandro
    alejandro Members Posts: 147 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn people are still Salty that he sold more records than 2pac. Move on...
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    I think it was Pacewon or Redman that said Em was getting more love in Jersey than he was in Detroit. Back when him and bizarre were runnin with the Outsidaz

Em and Biz's records with the Outs were classics. Young Zee is one of the best rappers to never make it, SMH.

I understand what u saying but gotta remember his own city didn't even support him while he was comin up. Can't remember the song but he admitted to being bitter towards the city for that. Can't blame the dude cause they all hopped on his sack nh when he got big and they "expected" him to put the city on(which he did). U can't help or please everybody bruh and imo he did more than enough. Royce is one of the nicest cats to ever grace the mic and Em put that ? on after having a shaky relationship with the dude.

Therein lies a dilemma. I'm not sure of his relationships with other Detroit artists per se, but I know he wasn't gettin love initially from the fans in Detroit. The key to all this lies in Proof. Proof was Em's best friend, but he was also the man locally in Detroit. He had connects with Dilla, SV and other local cats. I'm sure Em would've been in good graces with them dudes off the strength of Proof. Again, I don't know. But if that was the case, it would've been huge if they all came together.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »

Em and Biz's records with the Outs were classics. Young Zee is one of the best rappers to never make it, SMH.

Therein lies a dilemma. I'm not sure of his relationships with other Detroit artists per se, but I know he wasn't gettin love initially from the fans in Detroit. The key to all this lies in Proof. Proof was Em's best friend, but he was also the man locally in Detroit. He had connects with Dilla, SV and other local cats. I'm sure Em would've been in good graces with them dudes off the strength of Proof. Again, I don't know. But if that was the case, it would've been huge if they all came together.

the thing is Dilla and them didn't really ? w/ Em.Em would hang in their studio and not say much and was viewed as the little young whitekid.

let's not forget rap is competition and it's not his job to spark the careers of ppl who didn't support him

Plus detroit is like a citywide hater's ball.They hate on other ? so imagine how they felt towards Em.

he put his ppl on though and that's all he had to do
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    To add on Em played a part in a number of lesser known Detroit and other city's local MCs getting a shot

There was a white dude from Detroit Em co signed,he got Yung Zee from The Outsidaz to Aftermath,Got Dre to consider signing Monch,signed Cashis and Obie, helped Royce,signed Royce, put numerous indie detroit rappers in 8 Mile like Mz Korona, King Gordy,battle rapper marvwon,the other battlers besides Poppa doc were actual detroit underground rappers

WTF else is he supposed to do go door to door giving everybody record deals?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as usual black folks wasting too much time and energy worrying bout whitey
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »
    To add on Em played a part in a number of lesser known Detroit and other city's local MCs getting a shot

There was a white dude from Detroit Em co signed,he got Yung Zee from The Outsidaz to Aftermath,Got Dre to consider signing Monch,signed Cashis and Obie, helped Royce,signed Royce, put numerous indie detroit rappers in 8 Mile like Mz Korona, King Gordy,battle rapper marvwon,the other battlers besides Poppa doc were actual detroit underground rappers

His name was Hush or some ? ...got him a deal with Geffen.... got Trick Trick a deal with Mo Town.. while he didnt sign members of D12 to solo deals... Proof started his own label... Mr Porter started his own label and is well known producer now..

He put on for his people like he should... He shouted out Rock Bottom and Chedda Boyz hes not obligated to sign them.

• choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    loch121 wrote: »

Co-Sign. The notion that Em didn't do enough for Detroit is ridiculous. Honestly I think he is the only rapper who really continued to support and promote Detroit even at times when the city didn't support him.
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didnt watch.. eminem is a rocker in rap clothes.. He has talent/flow but.. ? really ate that a white man is best rapper .. and juxtaposed it with a black man best golfer ? up..

Man, I know ppl p this day that tell me Em is the greatest and they have no idea about others artists i rap.. they only play Em, and they are white, and not all the white ppl I know just a few in particular who never gave rap a chance till they saw Em on tv, and him being white and they start up with "Em the king of the rap ? " talk

• lashid4u2
    lashid4u2 Members Posts: 3
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    I'm not listening to nobody talk about Eminem for 2 hours B. I already know...blah blah blah "racist tapes", yada yada yada "white corporate America", etc etc "culture vulture" its always the same ? .

Hip-hop doesn't need "saving" because there's only a few people who even think Eminem is the be all end all, and those people don't know much about hip-hop in general anyway.

Lemme guess:

You're white, and/or you're another fEminem ? rider?

I appreciate my vids being posted here - much love to the topic starter, who, obviously, has a TRUE LOVE for hip hop, to even consider this and have the PATIENCE (which takes intelligence) to view and listen ..but these responses are rather interesting, cuz it reveals who this, so-called, "hip-hop audience" is, today - VERY MUCH influenced by non-Blacks, who are up in here, posing as "hip hop representatives"...*smirk*

This is, supposedly, an "all hip hop" site, yet, you have an issue with someone confronting racism and "white corporate Amerikkka?" IS THIS NOT the same thing that was done by rap pioneers, such as The Last Poets, and The Watts' Prophets? Obviously, a lot of y'all up in here don't know DOO-DOO ? about hip hop ...Yeah, this is A LOT to watch, but this was intended to be a, somewhat, documentary, as is "Tupac & Biggie", and "The State of Hip Hop", which is over 2 hours, yet, I would watch that 5 times in a row...

I know that it's hard for alotta y'all to focus on anything regarding hip hop, unless there's an ass continuosly jigglin' in ya face, but this goes deeper than just some raggedy-ass white boy...

btw, my series continues - watch if your attention span can handle it:
    "25 Contributors to the Downfall of Hip Hop" - parts 1 and 2 (oh, and I aint done w/ it!). TRULY LEARN the TRUE ROOTS of hip hop - ? what these white posers and ign'ant ? are spewin' up in here...

PEACE.
  • lashid4u2
    Options
    Watched 5 mins of the first video then got bored, This ? needs to get a life.

..as you need to get a book ..? ...

PEACE (again).

• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that ? . She speaks like a preacher.
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every man for himself at the end of the day. Em nor any other major artist shouldn't be obligated to put anyone on if they don't want to.

• lashid4u2
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    ? that ? . She speaks like a preacher.

Just as I thought *smirk* ...Another so-called "hip hop" site, filled w/ nothing but a bunch o' Suburban Stans, who try to master the bang & slang of the streets through a lyrical fantasy, up in here frontin', although you don't know doo-doo ? about hip hop, nor its BLACK roots ..Frontin' ass wannabees ..lol ..I dedicated a special segment to y'all, in my latest vid series, on hip hop's downfall.. *wink* ..Check it out, you'll "dig it, dude!"..lol

...? a fEminem, and ? YOOOOO...

lol...