Is GOOD Music a sinking ship?

Options
Zigefresh
Zigefresh Members Posts: 233 ✭✭
I have a feeling that this label is a sinking ship. No absolute loyalty or rep by their own artists whatsoever. I base this off of the fact that one of their "heavy hitters" Kid Cudi has left the label.

Big Sean cannot get a single song seriously popping for his new album.

Majority of people on the label are weed carriers (Cyhi, Teyana, Pusha T, etc) (Basically becoming YMCMB Pt. 2).

Released an extremely mediocre album, which the leader of the team (Kanye) doesn't even acknowledge.

Comments

• Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Common bounced as well
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That wack ? never left the dock.
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It's just big Sean

Pusha t too busy ridin YMCMB
    Kanye cuffed up
    No one cares about Cyhi the prince
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Nosign them being like ymcmb. Big Sean has 1 album plus another on the way. 2 Chainz has 1 album out and 1 album coming. Pusha T has an album coming. The last 3 people i just mentioned are like the 3 ymcmb artists who get releases. Kanye has been getting emotional lately like wayne. Kid Cudi left just like lil chukee left. Common is being underused and lost in the shuffle like mystical of cash mo........? GOOD music is YMCMB 2.0! Nosign my first nosign at the begining of this post!

New Good music motto "GOOD MUSIC: we won't make you tend the bushes just make you clean kanyes grand closet where release dates get lost between hangers"

tumblr_lv15l5RCnq1qfkywuo1_500.jpg
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I dont consider TWO Chains on Good Music.... his album wasnt on that label. Sean and Kudi the only one that has dropped. Wayne, Niki, Busta, Tyga, Drake all have released albums....
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aneed123 sonnin them with facts. 2 Chainz did like 2 or 3 records with them dudes. He's affiliated but he ain't really GOOD.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye too busy with his head up Kim's ass.
    ? I don't blame him.
    52dcf8437e3e52463c3cd66d819a03bd.jpg?itok=BACFE1Kd

• aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iconcur
    Good music is thsome era's flavor unit or some ?
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Rap fans are just being fickle, gotta remember rap fans got a "what have you done for me lately" type of attitude towards rap. When ? leave the spotlight for a month - they "fell off". Kanye takes his time between albums and if you notice - he always drops the most potent ? doing it that way (808 goes to show you what happens when you rush ? SMMFH). If they've fallen off then somebody gotta tell us who is taking their shine - as a crew ? This ? I don't get. 2 Chainz is on everybody remix, Kanye is ? Kim K/winning grammies, Big Sean preparing for new album, Pusha T is puttin out music. What more do you want ?

Every ? on there who puts out an album gets critical acclaim, a grammy (at least a grammy nom) and will prolly sell well too.... if anything there's 3 places you wanna be at - G.O.O.D Music, RocNation & arguably YMCMB (maybe TDE too).
    MMG

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Pusha the album coming out when lil twist albums come out
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Rap fans are just being fickle, gotta remember rap fans got a "what have you done for me lately" type of attitude towards rap. When ? leave the spotlight for a month - they "fell off". Kanye takes his time between albums and if you notice - he always drops the most potent ? doing it that way (808 goes to show you what happens when you rush ? SMMFH). If they've fallen off then somebody gotta tell us who is taking their shine - as a crew ? This ? I don't get. 2 Chainz is on everybody remix, Kanye is ? Kim K/winning grammies, Big Sean preparing for new album, Pusha T is puttin out music. What more do you want ?

Every ? on there who puts out an album gets critical acclaim, a grammy (at least a grammy nom) and will prolly sell well too.... if anything there's 3 places you wanna be at - G.O.O.D Music, RocNation & arguably YMCMB (maybe TDE too).
    MMG

D-D-D-D-D-? Music

Meek, Wale, Ross. Killin the game.

• B.BeST
    B.BeST Members Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye don't give a ? about that label, he uses it as a weapon not as something he loves from the heart.....

honestly if u want relevance, show money, and a actual release date its lookin like MMG is the place for that.....
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zigefresh wrote: »
    I have a feeling that this label is a sinking ship. No absolute loyalty or rep by their own artists whatsoever. I base this off of the fact that one of their "heavy hitters" Kid Cudi has left the label.

Big Sean cannot get a single song seriously popping for his new album.

Majority of people on the label are weed carriers (Cyhi, Teyana, Pusha T, etc) (Basically becoming YMCMB Pt. 2).

Released an extremely mediocre album, which the leader of the team (Kanye) doesn't even acknowledge.

Pusha t is an established artist with classic albums and songs under his belt, he ain't no weed carrier

Big Sean is buzzing heavy after his mixtape.They play that right now song in ATL

and YMCMB has 3 top selling artists so how are they sinking?Drake,Wayne,and Nikki do numbers and Tyga even has a good fanbase

Kid Cudi been trash, good riddance

if a indie label has 2 selling artist that label is doing great
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea can't call it sinking per se but it isn't really hitting on much besides Ye and Chainz right now.

Pusha has become a YMCMB spokesman
    Big Sean is still a joke
    Cyhi is dope but seems to be stuck on the back burner

Ye got a kid on the wau so it's gonna be up to him his execs and these artists to grind some better ? out
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited April 2013
    Options
    i blame day day for big sean's failure tho. Detroit was dope as ? . But then i think day day got in seans ear a little too much. Day day logic was that guap was dope and "wait till the video drop". Day day logic is no rapper can drop a song for the ? . Day day logic is hearing 30 seconds of a song and then you know the entire album is automatically a classic. As soon as big sean stops listening to day day his album he will be G.O.O.D.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    roc nation is stinking ship too
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao what world do yall live inen Musically, they are all releasing dope music. Ye still one of biggest artists, Sean is one of the biggest new comers, with RIAA certified hits, songs with Bieber, fan favorite mixtapes, Clique, Mercy etc. Pusha T preparing for his album and is allover the radio, Cudi has two back to back gold albums, how many rappers can say that, Common a legend, 2 Chainz the hottest in the game, John Legend just dropped his new single and one of the most successful rnb acts right now, Hit Boy along with Mike Will are the hottest producers in the game
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Ricky.G wrote: »
    roc nation is stinking ship too

nah they manage rihanna who will have a career for at least the next half decade. cole found his lane as well. they moving to the sports world as well. pROCastiNATION is lost in the middle of the ocean but the ship ain't hit an iceberg.

• blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    people in here are acting like good music is a new label that didn't pop off.big sean and pusha t 2nd albums on good will do better then there 1st. kudi fell the f off so he wont be missed.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Damn Common left? And whats up with Mos Def, it was announced he was with crew but I never seen that ? associate with them in any kinda way. Q-Tip aint been on ? as well.