I don't get why I should feel ashamed of my life.

Options
unRealLady1
unRealLady1 Members Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
I think alot of times the posters on here think the majority of the world is suburban america, and they think most ppl grew up pretending to be hood, and they think they are giving good advice, because they are looking down upon people. They feel as tho they are doing it for a good reason. However they do not realize there were people really born with hood upbringings. & the reason they had kids young, is because they may have thought they wouldn't even live that long. When we past the statistics, we are put in the middle class range, and people no longer believe we come from the hood, because we live past 25. Then our lives are compared with TEEN pop stars, because we are successful statistics from the ghetto. Now all of a sudden we are super rich kids, who grew up with a silver spoon, because we have jobs/careers. Now we lived off our parents our whole life because we helped our loved ones in the struggle. Now we no longer have pain. Most people who are disrespectful towards people from lower class lives do not notice how disrespectful they are because they think "hood life" is fake. They think people make themselves act that way, and they think of hood as "cool". So they think we are just suburban kids trying to be "cool", because we now have money and can travel to the suburbs, and out the country.

I do not regret any of my relationship choices, nor do I have a problem finding another. I'm a good mother. This is my son with his father.. He use to look like me, now he look just like his father.

Hood life was no style for me it was REAL, I find certain people "motivational" speeches disrespectful. Hood life is not FAKE.

2mi3l2x.jpg
34g0mxt.jpg
y5x0.jpg

Comments

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread of the year
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hood life is a mentality not a life style. Those that get stuck in that mentality never progress. I was one of those ? that was on the block everyday. But I knew I wanted more than what was in my environment, so I changed me and tried to get the the ? I was around to change, but they didn't want that. They was to caught up in that hood mentality to do anything I. Fear of selling out. I moved on and they stayed stagnant. I still ? with them cause I grew up with the ? . Now I got a few that wished they had of listened to me. Still tell them ? it's not to late to do something.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real Lady1 wrote: »
    I think alot of times the posters on here think the majority of the world is suburban america, and they think most ppl grew up pretending to be hood, and they think they are giving good advice, because they are looking down upon people. They feel as tho they are doing it for a good reason. However they do not realize there were people really born with hood upbringings. & the reason they had kids young, is because they may have thought they wouldn't even live that long. When we past the statistics, we are put in the middle class range, and people no longer believe we come from the hood, because we live past 25. Then our lives are compared with TEEN pop stars, because we are successful statistics from the ghetto. Now all of a sudden we are super rich kids, who grew up with a silver spoon, because we have jobs/careers. Now we lived off our parents our whole life because we helped our loved ones in the struggle. Now we no longer have pain. Most people who are disrespectful towards people from lower class lives do not notice how disrespectful they are because they think "hood life" is fake. They think people make themselves act that way, and they think of hood as "cool". So they think we are just suburban kids trying to be "cool", because we now have money and can travel to the suburbs, and out the country.

I do not regret any of my relationship choices, nor do I have a problem finding another. I'm a good mother. This is my son with his father.. He use to look like me, now he look just like his father.

Hood life was no style for me it was REAL, I find certain people "motivational" speeches disrespectful. Hood life is not FAKE.

y5x0.jpg
    this camera struggling like a mafucka

• shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Real lady how old are you? You have that youthful look but you could be in ya mid thirties also
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Getchea an lemme ? dem legs up and point ya bell bottoms towards the ceiling then woss dat ass
  • indyman87
    indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting. I was watching an interview this pass weekend on PBS. This guy they were interviewing who was a poet mentors some kids in Southeast D.C. He says those kids always talk about how they will never make it past 18 years of age. Sad.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Knew this was a real lady thread. Goat
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    real lady are you and your baby daddy still together?
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There is a fine line between social constraints holding us back and us making excuses. Not saying your struggle wasn't real, or that it didn't play a huge role in who you are as a person, but at what point do you progress? All that pop star/suburban life is a facade for most African Americans. It's been that way since we came over on boats. Staying in that situation, however, is an act that we commit against ourselves. Having a lowered expectation on what one's life is going to be is a self imposed constraint. We wont grow and prosper collectively, though, until we let go of the "woe is me" ? . Ain't nobody giving out ? for free in this world
  • unRealLady1
    edited April 2013
    Options
    hood life is not a mentality.. and I think that come from people who never really had to be hood. There is a hood mentality and there is a hood LIFE. My mentality is not really as hood as my life. The hood is the location I was raised up in. Iam a overachiever from the hood, because people think I come from another background. That goes to show you how I past statistics. Most of the people that come from this angle, isnt here, or they here and gone crazy. I could always communicate on a higher level, so therefore my mentality is not as ghetto as my life, thats why on the computer some people find it hard to believe that I come from the hood. Thats why I make it known these people do not know me. If you meet me in society I don't look hood or ghetto, or ratchet. I can get a corporate job, and talk to people white people from spain but I have a hood life. & white people know I'm from the hood more than some blacks. You can tell by my voice, I can't sound white. A lot of white people hate the fact that I'm a black hood girl who can do the same type of work they do. But I am intelligent enough to not let them get to me because I know they are racist. & I'm out to get a dolla just like them.

Me and my son father isnt together, but he knows I'm not a chickenhead, he always respected the way I think. & he knows I'm a good mother.
  • unRealLady1
    edited April 2013
    Options
    true story, my mother always said, just because you from the ghetto don't mean you have to have a ghetto mentality, so I think my mother put that in me.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It's a mentality not a life it doesn't matter how Intelligent you are. If you still participate in that hood ? that's because you can't let that mentality go. It's a state of mind. You may live in the hood but your mentality is to do hood ? .
  • unRealLady1
    edited April 2013
    Options
    see I have some unwanted guest in my life, who believe they are picking with some high class brat who grew up to be nothing, so they think I should be ashamed, as if I was raised to be a child star and never made it. Thats not how I was raised, and I wasn't connected to the industry as a youth, I was in the streets, protecting my life. My first success story is when I lived past my own expectations.

They act as if I live for fame, fame is something that was coming to me from reputation. Reputation that I didnt really want, because I don't like much attention. so since everyone talks about me all the time, I thought I'll demostrate I have talent. I was doing fine, but I came across a stalker, who believes I'm from a different background. Now you might say thats a compliment. But this man mission in life is to TURN OUT WOMEN, who he feel was RAISED in the SUBURBS wit the good life. He got me confused with someonelse. O.k thats fine, but dude want death to my life and existance all because he think I was raised better than him. Then he got some salty hoodrats to team up with him. So they really believe I'm the perfect girl with a perfect life who grew up better than them. They are GOING CRAZY. Nobody had a perfect life and nobody is perfect. That is called JEALOUSY.

& the sad part is these people had it better than me, again... they just got a more ghetto mentality. So eventho they are no longer in the hood, they think they are underneath me. They are foolish, they do not recognize they had advantages. I think this is why white people do not hate those type of blacks and make it easier for them to get to the top.. Because white people know that even at the top they wont realize they on top. So the racist white people keep them brainwashed with a ghetto mentality, to hold down the ones who really come from the ghetto, who are overacheivers. Whites know when these type of blacks get on top, we create serious change. The others are under their spell & they have the nature of ? .

Racist white people make it hard for the revolutionaries for a reason. They don't find the blacks that follow trends a threat. So they make these type of blacks more trendy, so the majority will follow them, then this washes out the ones that really know the truth about this country. Militant blacks start war, and the system is against us. We have to fight them silently and smart.

They hate when my kind slips thru the cracks. so alot of racist white people hate me, and black people who act like racist whites. I'm not typical. so of course they don't want me to have fame, or influence.

• rooster_cogburn
    rooster_cogburn Members Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know what....@reallady1 & @blackgod813 remind me of each when they post. real lady likes titangraphs...the homie blackgod is short and str8 to the point....

problem is, after you read the post, you be left feeling confused as a mufucka. like walking into the movie theatre and that ? rolling credits.

Soooo, i just GOAT them and keep it moving.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And yall say I type too much lol

I read through every bit of it though.

This is the first real grown and sexy thread in a while in here some of the ? posted in here is borderline donkey material.

To T/S...

I think there is a difference between growing up in the hood or ghetto as some call it and actually being hood or ghetto.

You sound like you grew up in the hood but didnt pick up that many of those "hood" or "ghetto" attributes.

I don't believe most people grow up pretending to be hood, but I do think due to media and the mainstream the hood lifestyle is glorified.

A lot of teachers, doctors, lawyers, engineers, nurses, managers, etc come from the hood, and few if any used their environment as an excuse not to succeed.

Most hood people dont have kids young because they fear dying before being able to concieve a child most hood ? and broads end up with kids due to ? , poor decision making, and lacking of knowledge of self and worth.

I grew up poor probably just like you.

The only difference is I lived in a small rural area.

As far as people talking down it happens get over it no one is above criticism in this world.

No matter how bad you came up someone somewhere will think you had it better or worse than you actually did.

You shouldnt regret any choices you've made, but at the same time you're grown and at some point you have to take responsibility for yourself and not blame your environment for your short comings.

As a child you acted as a child but as an adult you should know better.

Like the other guy said in here that "woe is me" attitude has got to go you can achieve just about whatever you desire in this country with hard smart work and a little bit of luck.

Your hood environment was real but your hood life or mentality or whatever the hell else you want to call it is/was a CHOICE.
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    substitute fiat ass ? lol

@unspoken_respect

I can't help it. It's like a compulsive disorder thing.
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How does she manage to catch me slipping not reading the T/S's name Every ? time?
    61vx3rq.gif

• Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not only is she the baddest but she is one of the few quality ic female posters
  • unRealLady1
    Options
    & yes the stalker is nas, who think he is called to be a teacher, but his lessons are very offensive, because he do not know the information he claims to obtain. This time it was a REAL HOOD CHICK, from the struggle online. He thought I was acting, so he was trying to make me feel ashamed of where I come, because he don't believe I come from it. He thought if he make me feel ashamed, I would start acting like a middle class bourgie chick from a highclass community, because he thinks thats my REAL personality. However he showed me how much he looks down on the hood.. even tho he claims he's from it. This is why ? always said nas was no real street ? . Nas is a ? who is ashamed he's from the hood and he tries to make others feel shame.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    First song that came into my head when I read the thread title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtXTEZfp_DQ