Why are Jay tracks/verses treated as if they are the most luxurious things to have?

Options
Zigefresh
Zigefresh Members Posts: 233 ✭✭
I don't get it? Everytime he drops some form of music, the entire world suddenly stops in time. It's like they are seeing a piece of gold when they find out he has music coming out.

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Because he's a superstar?
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Because him and Em are probably the last of the superstar rappers. Oh yeah, Kanye too.
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cause hes has huge fanbase....Em, and to lesser extents Drake, Wayne and Kanye get similar treatment of there fans overrating new music they put out.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    Because him and Em are probably the last of the superstar rappers. Oh yeah, Kanye too.

True but nothing competes with 'New Jay-Z' or 'Ft. Jay-z'. Nothing.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On some real ? , since 06, he been on some groundhog ? , poppin up randomly, droppin an album or song and disappearing from the public eye again. Even his features are random and less frequent. Lacking in quality of course, but it's Jay. I say appreciate ? like him while they still here, cuz ? knows we won't see dudes like that in a while.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shiny Suit Theory is my ? ..
  • Zigefresh
    Zigefresh Members Posts: 233 ✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    On some real ? , since 06, he been on some groundhog ? , poppin up randomly, droppin an album or song and disappearing from the public eye again. Even his features are random and less frequent. Lacking in quality of course, but it's Jay. I say appreciate ? like him while they still here, cuz ? knows we won't see dudes like that in a while.

Actually they are here now. And it's either Drake(most likely) and Kendrick

• Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Zigefresh wrote: »
    Lab Baby wrote: »

Actually they are here now. And it's either Drake(most likely) and Kendrick

They fall in the "? like him" category. Maybe not so much Drake, he drops music so frequently people are gonna get tired of him. Unless he takes a vacay.
  • sully
    sully Members, Writer Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Cause hes has huge fanbase....Em, and to lesser extents Drake, Wayne and Kanye get similar treatment of there fans overrating new music they put out.

I dunno if i'd put Lil Wayne in that category. He puts out music so frequently, you get the chance to anticipate. He's the embodiment of oversaturation.

IMO, Eminem is the only one from ur list who can compare in terms of getting people talking about his music and getting an opinion from everyone, regardless of them being a fan.

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    cause he's Jay
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A good verse indeed . .

He's ? up if he has a hand in Jay Electronica's supposedly stalled album

Regarding new music from him .. Meh

Its some geeks that literally overrate his ly
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    sounds like the OP is jacking off to Jay Z's voice.... FAIL.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A good verse indeed . .

He's ? up if he has a hand in Jay Electronica's supposedly stalled album

Regarding new music from him .. Meh

Its some geeks that literally overrate his lyricism on new joints

A new solo album will however test tthe waters . .

*double post*
  • Lebong James
    Lebong James Members Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay spits the same ? every time. It's amazing he's still relevant speaking about the same ? for more than a decade: him
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My guess is because people are interested in what he has to say. They see him on all the websites & blogs and are mesmerized by him & his fake marriage w/ Beyonce. The average dumb hiphop fan don't realize the benefit of bein two married celebrities is they keep each other relevant and talked about without constantly putting out music.

Plus when they mention Jay's networth they always add Beyonce's too,makin it seem like it's all Jay.

Without B, Jay wouldn't be able to stand next to Obama or invited to white house dinners
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cause they are muthafucka
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options

@nujerz84, How is it to a lesser extent, when they all sell more than him?
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cause Drake and Wayne do a lot of guest features. Jay-Z doesn't do very many, and Kanye is kinda in between the two.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let some ? tell it, if he does 3 features n a year, he's ? himself out.. he's just one of the last rappers that doesn't have to drop a shitload of music to stay hot
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Cause Drake and Wayne do a lot of guest features. Jay-Z doesn't do very many, and Kanye is kinda in between the two.

nah, you missin the point...he answered the question with: 'he has a huge fan base...Em, to a lesser extent Drake, Wayne and Kanye and so on............

So my question is, how do you figure that those artists have a huge fan base, BUT TO A LESSER EXTENT, yet those artists sell more than that ? ... :unno
  • Bender Rodriguez
    Bender Rodriguez Members Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why do you make dumb threads? and you have 91 posts wtf

co-sign...this ? under 300 posts AND making stupid ? like this...mods get on your jobs please

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    twatgetta wrote: »
    sounds like the OP is jacking off to Jay Z's voice.... FAIL.

WAT??/
  • loch121
    loch121 Members Posts: 12,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Maybe it's because he's one of the best MCs ever

or maybe it's because he's been in the rap game maintaining and winning since 95/96

Or maybe it's because he was down w/ Jaz O in the late 80's/90's and made some great songs way back then

Or maybe it's because he's the 2nd highest paid dude in hip hop ..period

Or maybe it's because he has branched out into businesses way beyond music so a lot of ppl know him

Or maybe it's because he has a great network and is smart as ? ,respected,and a staple in NY hip hop

maybe just maybe it's one of these

or maybe you're a troll
  • 270crownst
    270crownst Members Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cuz hes jigga.