12 minutes of gameplay
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_JFDPCtXFY

Everything You Want to Know About Dark Souls 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efYCQHJBYmU

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't wait. This is the only game I'm really looking forward to for this year.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I finally beat Dark Souls like 3 months ago! Lord Gwyn was a pain in my ass, i would farm so many souls upgrading my ? lol. Hope this game is still gonna be as good, i heard they are gonna make an easy mode, and that the original creator wasnt as involved in this one.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn watching the interview and that Bridge ? looks crazy with the dragons
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    I finally beat Dark Souls like 3 months ago! Lord Gwyn was a pain in my ass, i would farm so many souls upgrading my ? lol. Hope this game is still gonna be as good, i heard they are gonna make an easy mode, and that the original creator wasnt as involved in this one.

A lot of people think an easy mode is a bad idea. I think it's a good idea. It's the best way to make the game more accessible for new players without killing the difficulty that core fans have come to love.
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This, FFXIV and GTA are about all the games I'm looking to get this year so far...
  • Sir White
    Sir White Members Posts: 52 ✭✭
    Options

A lot of people think an easy mode is a bad idea. I think it's a good idea. It's the best way to make the game more accessible for new players without killing the difficulty that core fans have come to love.

I want nothing to do with easy mode on this game. It would probably sell more if it did but the fact that Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are hard is why they are so great. They could mainstream some of the access and upgrade stuff a little but don't ? with gameplay difficulty.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Sir White wrote: »

I want nothing to do with easy mode on this game. It would probably sell more if it did but the fact that Demon's Souls and Dark Souls are hard is why they are so great. They could mainstream some of the access and upgrade stuff a little but don't ? with gameplay difficulty.

If you don't want to play an easy mode, don't play it. I don't understand why people who have no interest in easy mode get so upset by the possibility it's in this game. It wouldn't affect you one way or the other.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Easy mode takes away from the essence of Dark/Demon's Souls, but a feature in a game that isn't mandatory doesn't bother me none. It may need to be an offline mode -only feature, though.
  • Sir White
    Options

If you don't want to play an easy mode, don't play it. I don't understand why people who have no interest in easy mode get so upset by the possibility it's in this game. It wouldn't affect you one way or the other.

People would play it on easy mode and ? their characters out much faster. That would be an issue getting invaded. That game doesn't need an easy difficulty. The interface needs to be explained better. And they could make upgrades more accessible I guess but the gameplay is fine. Other than a handful of bosses it's not so difficult it can't be done solo with a little patience.

• The Lonious Monk
    Options

People would play it on easy mode and ? their characters out much faster. That would be an issue getting invaded. That game doesn't need an easy difficulty. The interface needs to be explained better. And they could make upgrades more accessible I guess but the gameplay is fine. Other than a handful of bosses it's not so difficult it can't be done solo with a little patience.

All they would have to do is make it so that people in Easy Mode could only play against other people in Easy Mode. Problem solved. And for you, the game doesn't need an easy difficult. That's fine. Clearly they are not introducing an easy mode for you. I'm with you, the difficulty and learning curve of the game are what I like. That said, there are plenty of people who don't even try the game because they can't hack it. If From can put in something that will allow them to get money from those people without hurting the experience of the core players, why should any of us give a ? ? If anything that's better for us. More money from each game means more likelihood that the series continues and gets better and better.

• Sir White
    Options

All they would have to do is make it so that people in Easy Mode could only play against other people in Easy Mode. Problem solved. And for you, the game doesn't need an easy difficult. That's fine. Clearly they are not introducing an easy mode for you. I'm with you, the difficulty and learning curve of the game are what I like. That said, there are plenty of people who don't even try the game because they can't hack it. If From can put in something that will allow them to get money from those people without hurting the experience of the core players, why should any of us give a ? ? If anything that's better for us. More money from each game means more likelihood that the series continues and gets better and better.

If they can make it work then I could live with it. But if they ward off the easy moders, too many people may say ? the regular version. Also I don't want them spend time programming easy mode when they could be programming boss fights and inherently unfair pulls you can't see.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

If they can make it work then I could live with it. But if they ward off the easy moders, too many people may say ? the regular version. Also I don't want them spend time programming easy mode when they could be programming boss fights and inherently unfair pulls you can't see.

You can bet none of the core players coming from Demons and Dark Souls will even think of doing easy mode in this game, so I doubt you'll have a problem finding other people playing. And I doubt it takes much time to program an easy mode. It would probably be as simple as making it so that enemies take off less life.
  • Sir White
    Options
    I'm still not a fan of it. I think streamlining the upgrades to a point, interface, and giving players a little more direction is a better idea. I never thought, other than some bosses and a handful of areas, was really hard gameplay wise on the first playthrough.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    It depends on how you play honestly. It's a game that can be as easy or as hard as you make it depending on how you choose to equip your character.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Damn, this ? ain't coming out til March next year. I wonder if they are going to put it on PS4 too. They might as well.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    Shiiieeeettttt
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Is that the intro to the game or something? I don't want to watch it before I actually get the game. Damn I can't wait. There other games I look forward to, but the Souls series games are the only ones that have me anxious to play them.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I never played the first one because I don't know people who like RPG's outside of Skyrim and I didn't own a PS3 or 360 of my own. If this comes to PS4 or Xbox One in some form I'll check it out though. Between this, The Witcher 3, Bravely Default, Shin Megami Tensai X Fire Emblem and Monolith Soft's X it's gonna be a good year for RPG fans. I'm hyped.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    I never played the first one because I don't know people who like RPG's outside of Skyrim and I didn't own a PS3 or 360 of my own. If this comes to PS4 or Xbox One in some form I'll check it out though. Between this, The Witcher 3, Bravely Default, Shin Megami Tensai X Fire Emblem and Monolith Soft's X it's gonna be a good year for RPG fans. I'm hyped.

Ehhh, seems like a so so year to me, but that could just be because I remember the "good" years. Still a horrible year for jRPG fans too.

As far as whether it will be on the PS4 or XB1, the director said it could come out on both of those systems, but they really haven't put any thought into it yet. I heard their PC port for the original wasn't so good, so maybe they'd be better of working on a new game, rather than a faulty Next Gen port.
  • Broddie
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

Ehhh, seems like a so so year to me, but that could just be because I remember the "good" years. Still a horrible year for jRPG fans too.

As far as whether it will be on the PS4 or XB1, the director said it could come out on both of those systems, but they really haven't put any thought into it yet. I heard their PC port for the original wasn't so good, so maybe they'd be better of working on a new game, rather than a faulty Next Gen port.

3 of the titles I named are JRPG's, so is the game this thread is about. On top of all those Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth & Natural Doctrine are also coming and Kingdom Hearts III might drop this year too. That's 3 more JRPG's and I'm not even counting stuff coming to the Vita or PS3 as I don't own or plan on ever owning those consoles but they have their fair share of RPG's on the way too. I've been playing RPG's since the late 80's I don't just remember the "good" years I remember when the genre was completely niche. I can't think of a year in recent memory that has had this many potentially classic RPG's dropping.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Still a horrible year for jRPG fans too.

Negative.

Tales of Xillia 2
    Tales Of Symphonia Chronicles
    Ragnarok Odyssey ACE
    Fairy Fencer F
    Drakenguard 3
    ? Eater 2
    Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky Second Chapter
    Witch and Hundred Knights
    FF X Remaster

• The Lonious Monk
    Options
    The term jRPG doesn't to any RPG made in Japan. It specifically means the classic style of RPGs like the Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, Suikoden, and games of those types. Dark Souls II is definitely not a jRPG and neither are a lot of the other games being named here. And even of the ones that are being named, many of them are remakes or late releases of games that are already available.

Maybe it's a stretch to say it's a horrible year, but I still don't think it's a good year for jRPGs.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Even if by JRPG you mean a formulaic Lufia or Illusion of Gaia like ordeal and not something more western influenced like this; you still have more than a handful to choose from this year. Which is very impressive considering how traditional JRPG's have been swept under the rug as of last gen.

Keep in mind that the year just started. More could be announced as it goes on. I'm actually jealous that you guys get to play not one but 2 Tales games including remasters of classics as well as Persona 5 and Drakengard 3 but I know I could probably rely on PS Now to play those in the future.