Yall must of forgot - high schoolers say they could beat MJ..................

Options
caddo man
caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
In his prime!!!!!!!

Say it ain't so! Did a boys high school basketball player really say that he would beat Michael Jordan in a game of one-on-one?

He couldn't have.

Well, apparently not one, not two, but three – yes, count 'em three – of the eight players polled by USA TODAY prior to the Jordan Brand Classic at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., last Saturday said that M.J. in his prime (you know the guy that's an NBA Hall of Famer, has 10 scoring titles, six NBA championships, five league MVPs and is an international icon) would have met his match.

So who are these three that feel they'd get the better of arguably the greatest basketball player ever?

That dubious distinction belongs to Duke signee Matt Jones and Kentucky signees Andrew Harrison and Dakari Johnson.

Jones said he'd defeat "His Airness" 11-5, Harrison said 11-7 and Johnson said 11-10.

The trio explained their answers here. http://www.usatodayhss.com/news/article/players-predict-one-on-one-game-with-michael-jordan

Maybe they didn't know that just days before Jordan -- now the owner of the Charlotte Bobcats -- turned 50 in February, he defeated his 19-year-old rookie Michael Kidd-Gilchrist in a game of one-on-one.

Just youthful exuberates or just plain stupidity?

Comments

• caddo man
    Options
    Matt Jones, DeSoto (DeSoto, Texas), SG
    Signed to: Duke
    The Score: 11-5
    The Victor: Jones
    The Why: “Well, I’m feeling a little generous today, so I think he’d get his five points. This is how it would go: I’d get ball first, then I’d score the first few baskets because he’d definitely be sleeping on me. Then I’d go to my old-man game and take it to the hole every time. No matter how small the foul was I’d call ball every time until I made it. So it’s gonna be a long grind-it-out win. But I’d win.”

Dakari Johnson, Montverde (Montverde, Fla.), C
    Signed to: Kentucky
    The Score: 11-10
    The Victor: Johnson
    The Why: “I’m taking him to the post every time. He’d stop me a couple of times, but I’d just keep going back down there. I’d just contest his jump shots and pray that he’d miss. I think in the end, I’d get him though. I’m too big down there.”

Andrew Harrison, Travis (Richmond, Texas), PG
    Signed to: Kentucky
    The Score: 11-7
    The Victor: Harrison
    The Why: “I think he’d get a couple buckets here and there, but then I’d start to lock him down and give him buckets. Yeah, I think I’d get him.”
  • WhoisDonG???
    WhoisDonG??? Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Jordan will ? these young ? up at 50!!!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • caddo man
    Options
    so what are they suppose to say then?

IM GONNA BE THE NEXT MICHAEL RUFFIN!!!

No you say this:

Kennedy Meeks, West Charlotte (Charlotte, N.C.), C
    Signed to: North Carolina
    The Score: 11-6
    The Victor: Jordan
    The Why: “Well, I’m gonna just keep it real, he’s gonna win. I’d get ball first and he’d sleep on my jumper because I’m a big guy. So I’d go on a quick 3-0 run off top. The other points would come from me backing him down. But then he’d get the ball and it’d be a wrap. I mean not 11 straight, but he’d win after that. I gotta keep it real!”
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • caddo man
    edited April 2013
    Options
    yes... lets continue the trend of destroying imagination...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=advViXf2hWY

LOL! I remember that song. LOL! Mike should have came out on that song during a fight.

Raise you one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBQcstOqd44
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? Jordan will ? these young ? up at 50!!!

While you bullshitting, if MJ hears about this he might challenge them. lol You know how competitive he is. And lol with these dudes' strategies as if Mike never had to deal with post players before.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These ? wasn't even killing in HS.

LBJ was the best HS player I seen and prime MJ would scrap this ? 11-0 real quick

NBA scrub > HS Star
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    these nikkas would get killed by Jordan Crawford
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kids say the darndest things...smdh
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The funniest thing is these kids never seen michael jordan play.. aside from highlights..
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steve Blake>>>> these guys
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    stop reading when i saw "high schoolers" them ? was to damn young to realize the RAW GOATNESS OF HIS AIRNESS
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Mike in his prime got grown man strength. In high school you aint got no grown man strength.

Wouldnt be close.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all i'm thinking about is that episode of pros vs joes when roy jones beat the absolute ? outta them ? thinking they could hang.....i can't even find the youtube, but that ? was horrible.. them ? really thought they had a shot at it too
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    all i'm thinking about is that episode of pros vs joes when roy jones beat the absolute ? outta them ? thinking they could hang.....i can't even find the youtube, but that ? was horrible.. them ? really thought they had a shot at it too

That was a great show.. i cant remember who it was i think it was ricky williams or someone trucked this ? i swore dudes insides liquified

• SupremeXXV
    SupremeXXV Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    The Why: “Well, I’m feeling a little generous today, so I think he’d get his five points. This is how it would go: I’d get ball first, then I’d score the first few baskets because he’d definitely be sleeping on me. Then I’d go to my old-man game and take it to the hole every time. No matter how small the foul was I’d call ball every time until I made it. So it’s gonna be a long grind-it-out win. But I’d win.”

I hate people that play like this, calling fouls for every little contact

? get to the rim and scream out "AYE!" on some Kobe and Dwayne Wade ? , smh.

• blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SupremeXXV wrote: »

? get to the rim and scream out "AYE!" on some Kobe and Dwayne Wade ? , smh.

I can't lie, i be doin that ? irl
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They obviously meant now, not in his prime.... and if they did mean in his prime, this shouldn't even be a story. The reporters should have laughed and kept it moving. I don't even know why you would entertain this ? .
  • PebblesGirard
    PebblesGirard Members Posts: 69
    Options
    They obviously meant now, not in his prime.... and if they did mean in his prime, this shouldn't even be a story. The reporters should have laughed and kept it moving. I don't even know why you would entertain this ? .

I was thinking the same exact thing.

• NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So in other words, you hack when you play defense. The only thing worse than people calling fouls for every slight contact, is the guy who fouls every play, swearing he has lock-down defense.