MJ bringing back Charlotte Hornets

Options
Agrv2385
Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
Cracking the Jordan Code: the last clues are falling into place

The definition of a “code” is, a system of words, letters, figures, or other symbols used to represent others, esp. for the purposes of secrecy.

That “Jordan Code” is now APPEARING to be easier to decipher. The decision on whether to keep the name, Charlotte Bobcats has till now remained a mystery. The Bobcats have been very quiet, and understandably so, since another franchise is currently using that name. I expect that that silence will continue until 4/17, when the Hornets name is officially up for grabs. Recently, we have seen the purging of Charlotte Bobcats colored Jordans at the Heat game, an announcement of a “Town Hall” meeting on 4/15 with the future NBA commissioner Adam Silver, and the signaled dropping of an entire teal and purple Jordan line also on 4/17, coinciding with the end of the Charlotte Bobcats season.

Today, a friend of mine received an invitation from the Charlotte Bobcats to attend a presentation about “the Bobcats future” to be made prior to the last game, next Wednesday (he received 2 tickets and I will be attending). Thursday, 4/18, the day after the season is over, the Charlotte Bobcats will host and Open House…the final clues seem to be falling into place.

As in the past, we caution you that this may be one giant, big, huge, coincidence, OR the Charlotte Bobcats are on the brink of becoming the Charlotte Hornets.

I think this is a great move. The community of Charlotte always embraced the Hornets big time. When they became the Bobcats they were never the same. Granted they'll still be the same ? team but I know im not the only one who cant wait to see the teal and purple jerseys back on the court.

Comments

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What happened to the proposed "Charlotte/Carolina Flight" name. That ? sounds tight.

You mean to tell me their biggest free agent signing this offseason will be a ? team name?

Smh @ the Goat.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What happened to the proposed "Charlotte/Carolina Flight" name. That ? sounds tight.

You mean to tell me their biggest free agent signing this offseason will be a ? team name?

Smh @ the Goat.

that been dead. and theres been a very big movement in nc about changing the name back. so I guess its what the people want. im wit yall I want to see a zo, mugsy, lj lineup out there killin it in the teal. I think they jerseys are going to be the same as before. I could be mistaken. jordan is just droppin all HIS upcoming apparel and shoes in teal and purple.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    as much as i wanted this, a Carolina blue jersey wouldve been dope
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    Glad they are bringing it back...stupid not to.

cosign Carolina Flight being a hot ass name though

Works on so many levels too.
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Carolina Hornets
    DSU+Hornets2.gif
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Larry-Johnson.jpg

Larry Johnson approves
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The logo is suspect. But its good to have the Hornets back in the NBA. Reminds me of the 90's
  • jaemooms
    jaemooms Members Posts: 770 ✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP Bobby Phills
  • will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Obviously somebody gave a ? they made a thread about it...It ain't about the teams talent...Its about restoring the state's pride in the local team...
  • keez.
    keez. Members Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    :)) The stone cold truth if I ever heard it !!! The Charlotte Bobcats can become the Hornets for sentimentality sake, but you will still see an 18 win season out of them next season L-)
  • Maximus Rex
    Maximus Rex Members Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why did the Charolette build a venue for the Bobcats and not the Hornets?
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    alot of people are thinking it will somehow revive interest in the local nba team. and it will to a degree, but they will still have to win. and get some decent players. dell curry, eddie johnson, glen rice, hersey hawkins, anthony goldwire, rex chapman, kurt rambis, jr reid, and kendall gill aren't coming back through the doors. So more has to change than just the name.

but if there is going to be a team in charlotte, then it may as well be called the hornets.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    The Bobcats name was wack anyway
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    They gotta bring those purple alternate jawns bacc too
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Teams like Charlotte take the next step the same way other trash teams from the past did. They gonna have to draft a transcendent player that takes them to the next level just like Chicago with Jordan, Orlando with Shaq, Cleveland with Lebron etc.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    All I know is you was that nikka if you had a Hornets starter jacket back in the day. The colors were gang-neutral so you didn't have to worry about nikkas trippin or teachers trippin at school.
  • Matt-
    Options
    Teams like Charlotte take the next step the same way other trash teams from the past did. They gonna have to draft a transcendent player that takes them to the next level just like Chicago with Jordan, Orlando with Shaq, Cleveland with Lebron etc.

? , we'd take what Steve Francis did to Vancouver at this point
  • Snake Griffin
    Snake Griffin Members Posts: 241 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was born in Charlotte and lived in Raleigh, NC as well before I moved. I remember going to Hornets games at the Charlotte Coliseum (also remember the Charlotte Sting for true Carolina ? out here lol). Bringing back the Hornets would be a good look, won't guarantee wins right away but still good for the city.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    This could back fire tho. It would bring some temporary excitement and nostalgia to ticket-buyers, but if the team goes out and starts 5-30 or some ? again, then that excitement would dissolve faster than MJ's baseball career.

And I would hate to see charlotte lose the hornets twice...

...Nah, I'm bullshittin. That would be hilarious.
  • Matt-
    Options
    I was born in Charlotte and lived in Raleigh, NC as well before I moved. I remember going to Hornets games at the Charlotte Coliseum (also remember the Charlotte Sting for true Carolina ? out here lol). Bringing back the Hornets would be a good look, won't guarantee wins right away but still good for the city.

well i can't speak for them, but i remember the sting.

i loved games at the coliseum b/c it was huge, i guess so they could fly that damn Hugo blimp around.

and you could catch Fic Flair and David Thompson at every single game

and i also remember them painting a big ass mural on the old First Union building w/ muggsy, LJ, and Zo and needless to say, the side of that building was always subject to change

first-union-charlotte-hornets-murals.jpg
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Question for you guys after reading this and the Seattle ? .

I know its never Ok To Change your team and this doesn't apply to me, but Of you were a Supersonic/Hornets Fan when they were in your city and you switched to Thunder/Pelicans, Are you gonna switch back for the Kings and Bobcats? I remember some thread some ? was getting roasted for tryna switch teams but I wanted to know how this situation playing out.
  • Matt-
    Options
    Me personally, I gave up on the hornets the day they left Charlotte. I'm guessing people in Seattle did the same when the sonics left