Was Stephen Curry a top 3 PG this season?

Options
Chase N Bundlez
Chase N Bundlez Members Posts: 5,040 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
Before this season I use to read a lot of hating ? on here bout Steph, things like he's too frail, his ankles cant hold up over the course of a season, he cant run an offense he's not a true pg, he's just a one dimensional shooter etc.

Prior to the season I stated that by years end he would have a dominant campaign and emerge as one of the elites at his position, so, based strictly on this season's play, was he a top 3 pg?

*Take injuries into effect, u cant be a top 3 pg if u cant stay on the court and havent played enough*

Was Stephen Curry a top 3 PG this season? 31 votes

Yes
61%
jayhi22miamivice305joeyfkncrakkspit_fiyaits....JOHN BKameChi-Town Bullywoah316WhoisDonG???evoljeanyesKamPushMeblu197ShadyWorldOrderTrillfateInglewood_BHyenaKillaSleepwalkingInJapanChase N BundlezVisionBOasis 19 votes
No
38%
buttuh_binfamous114AP12Ibextexasdaking88NothingButTheTruthMister B.Aristo_V300Say WhatParallelSiqnih Da TrapperJeremyiahest83 12 votes

Comments

• ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Due to injuries to Top Tier PG's and where this team was last year I feel he played @ a Top 3 Level......
  • Chase N Bundlez
    Options
    Yes
    AP12 wrote: »
    not imo...

Who played better than him this season?

• Chase N Bundlez
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Yes
    top 3 when healthy?

in no order

but i gotta go with

CP
    T.Parker
    Westbrook

he's in the convo but just like his brother...there are nights when he is just a black hole on offense...when he is on, he is on...but sometimes he just has terrible shooting nights that get overlooked by his points

Ok, fair enough I wont argue ur selections, although the bolded could be said bout Russ as well...and I could shatter all of those dudes knees with a hammer and put em out for a season...all their teams still make the POs w/o em.

Curry is out for a year GS goes to the lottery, he's the most important pg to his team in the whole league...biggest diff maker.
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    Options
    Yes
    top 3 when healthy?

in no order

but i gotta go with

CP
    T.Parker
    Westbrook
    he's in the convo but just like his brother...there are nights when he is just a black hole on offense...when he is on, he is on...but sometimes he just has terrible shooting nights that get overlooked by his points

u mention a black hole but you got RW>>>Curry.... Curry is avg 23.0 points per game this season on 45.3-percent shooting from the field, 45.5 percent 3pt and 90.0 percent from FT. I dont think no other PG other than CP3 has been more efficent than Curry this season
  • Chase N Bundlez
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Yes
    top 3 when healthy?

in no order

but i gotta go with

CP
    T.Parker
    Westbrook

u mention a black hole but you got RW>>>Curry.... Curry is avg 23.0 points per game this season on 45.3-percent shooting from the field, 45.5 percent 3pt and 90.0 percent from FT. I dont think no other PG other than CP3 has been more efficent than Curry this season

Didint hear it from me but lowkey he's better than Russ, and will still be playing at a high clip well into his mid 30's barring injury while Russ fizzles out and is a role player.

Steph on OKC...chip...Russ on GS...they miss the POs...facts.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    How?

He shot like a SG, first off....

2nd, he ain't play than CP, TP, OR D Williams as a point guard (Hell, I'd put Lillard and maybe Jrue above him)
  • Chase N Bundlez
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Yes
    ya'll bring up some good points...but even if Russ is having an off night, he still impacts the game in ways Steph doesnt or cant. Steph is a good shooter...i aint trying to downplay that part of his game, but thats about all he can do. Russ while he might not get the credit for the assist, his ability to keep defenses constantly moving with his driving capabilties values him over Curry to me. He has intangibles that dont get put on the stat sheet whereas if Curry aint hitting shots, you didnt even know he was in the game...

He rebs better than him, slighty gets him in stls and assts, and the assts is bcuz he has KD and has a higher usage rate (? in his hands more) due to Curry sliding to the 2 when Jack comes in...Curry has a higher offensive rating and a higher TS% than him, and they avg the same amount of pts with Curry taking 2 less shots per game than him, he trumps him offensively, has better handles than him (3rd best handle behind CP3 and Kyrie, and viciously crosses ? nite in and nite out b4 hittin a long 3 in they face), better court vision....and most importantly head to head he owns that ? .

@TW...? and log off, dont come back in here if u gonna spew nonsense like D Will being better than him, he wasnt even better than J Wall this season, FOH.
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Yes
    How?

He shot like a SG, first off....

2nd, he ain't play than CP, TP, OR D Williams as a point guard (Hell, I'd put Lillard and maybe Jrue above him)

Stop reading after the underlined..........BK is my squad
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    Options
    Yes
    And Lillard plays the same way as Curry except Curry more efficient
  • Kame
    Kame Members Posts: 24,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    I voted Yes but he would just miss the cut with Westbrook in
    He had a great season and played huge minutes this season so I don't mind giving it to him
  • keez.
    keez. Members Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Undeniably around Top 10 status, but he could potentially reach Top 3 soon ;)
  • Chase N Bundlez
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Yes
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^........./thread.
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Paul curry and parker this year so yes
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    No..CP3, Parker, Westbrook, Irving.....this year
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Smh @ ? who say Irving>>>Curry
  • Chase N Bundlez
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Yes
    Ibex wrote: »

U can only make a case for the 1st three, it ends there, saying Kyrie was better is blasphemous...he does nuffn better than Curry except finish at the hoop...its a total landslide in favor of Curry as far as those 2 are concerned...maybe next year.
  • Ibex
    Ibex Members Posts: 7,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No

U can only make a case for the 1st three, it ends there, saying Kyrie was better is blasphemous...he does nuffn better than Curry except finish at the hoop...its a total landslide in favor of Curry as far as those 2 are concerned...maybe next year.

It really is to close to call, I mean Curry's J is obviously better but lets not act like Kyrie doesn't have range...Curry is the better rebounder, but Irving is the better defensive player. They both are great passers I only give the edge Irving because he is more of a pure point guard
  • Chase N Bundlez
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Yes

It really is to close to call, I mean Curry's J is obviously better but lets not act like Kyrie doesn't have range...Curry is the better rebounder, but Irving is the better defensive player. They both are great passers I only give the edge Irving because he is more of a pure point guard

Curry's jumper is so filthy that u dont wanna except him as a PG when the fact is that he is, and a great one at that.

Kyrie has a way higher usage rating than Curry and has the ball in his hands at all times, Curry plays at least 15 mins worth at SG where he plays w/o the ball yet still avgs 7 assts to Kyrie's 5. But yeah, Kyrie is a beast and prolly has a higher ceiling than Curry...he's just not better, yet, but def will be in a year or 2 if he can stay healthy, looks to be a bit injury prone.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Him and his brother are two of my favorite players and I'd have to say no...
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Only 2 PGs I will say definitively played better... Chris Paul and Russ Westbrook. Curry is #3 on the list and will likely make the 3rd Team All-NBA squad.

Curry's jumper is so filthy that u dont wanna except him as a PG when the fact is that he is, and a great one at that.

Kyrie has a way higher usage rating than Curry and has the ball in his hands at all times, Curry plays at least 15 mins worth at SG where he plays w/o the ball yet still avgs 7 assts to Kyrie's 5. But yeah, Kyrie is a beast and prolly has a higher ceiling than Curry...he's just not better, yet, but def will be in a year or 2 if he can stay healthy, looks to be a bit injury prone.

@ Bolded: ? ? me off when they do it the entire 4th quarter. No reason to take the ball out of your best players hands, just to "run an offense." Steph gets his easiest shots bringing the ball up on a secondary break, quick pick at the top and makes a play either for himself or someone else. They gotta let Steph play more with the ball in the Playoffs.

• greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    jayhi22 wrote: »
    Only 2 PGs I will say definitively played better... Chris Paul and Russ Westbrook. Curry is #3 on the list and will likely make the 3rd Team All-NBA squad.

@ Bolded: ? ? me off when they do it the entire 4th quarter. No reason to take the ball out of your best players hands, just to "run an offense." Steph gets his easiest shots bringing the ball up on a secondary break, quick pick at the top and makes a play either for himself or someone else. They gotta let Steph play more with the ball in the Playoffs.

The bold is an interesting and successful concept. How do I know? I'm just tellin' you like a nikka tol' me....

tumblr_meuecmTeEw1qm4qmso1_500.gif