Gantz greatest manga ever?

Options
Tymoney19
Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in Animania
I know the anime trash but the manga took Berserks spot as number 1. Anyone else agree?

Comments

• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree and I say this with my left hand on volume 4 as I type.

I liked the anime, that's how I came to check out the manga.

The anime ended bogus, I guess because it had low ratings and they had to end it but ? it, I loved that ? .

I read gantz on the internet and still went back and bought the manga.....That's how much I ? with it.

Kei kurono>>>>>
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gantz is pretty GOAT, but it don't come close to Berserk.
  • gns
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I read a couple of the berserker mangas, nothing really grabbed me to keep reading more
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gantz is epic but idk about greatest ever

• qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Might have to check it
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The anime ended like an m Knight shamylan film....disappointing
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This will include some spoilers, but I can't complete the thoughts without since I just read all 381 chapters in like a day.

Okay Gantz is dope. I will say that idgaf about the main character Kurono though.
    Seem like the series is better when the dude Katou is running the squad. He was on some Captain America ? during that Osaka arc too. Umm that kei-chan/tei-chan ? was annoying, Reika bringing dude back has to be some of the most lame/weird/creepy/wack/simptastic ? I've seen in a manga in a while. That was like Jorah Mormont cloning Dany so he can be with her because the original is popping Daario. Man this ? took hella concepts from movies(I ain't mad though), and I ain't like how he basically took his man's swag as a leader and then just got dickrode by everyone, especially since he a hating ass ? .
    But ? it though this ? is cool.

Imma watch the anime just for that sex scene with the angelina jolie looking chick though. Belee dat pleighboi
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

Since it's only 2 seasons I'm guessing that they basically used the anime as a preview for the actual manga. Kinda like Tenjho tenge, Air Gear, and Berserk's anime shows were used.
  • Tymoney19
    Options
    @shencothemc I feel you Katou/Kurono switching roles is dope too me and I think they needed Kurono to have Tei. I mean he had to have a redeeming factor about him. He's still trill tho. I wish Izumi would have had a bigger role though.
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    Tymoney19 wrote: »
    @shencothemc I feel you Katou/Kurono switching roles is dope too me and I think they needed Kurono to have Tei. I mean he had to have a redeeming factor about him. He's still trill tho. I wish Izumi would have had a bigger role though.

I like it better with Katou though. The story just seem less convoluted with him as squad leader. Like when Kurono was the leader, ? was in the matrix, muhfuckas was going on mass shootings for no reason, it became Blade:the Manga and ? ...I mean Kei still is still trill, but he a simp for that chick tae. Oh and there's too much ? crying lol
  • gns
    Options
    Katou is a ? ? ass ? wtf manga y'all reading?

I can only cs @shenco part on the crying. Kishimoto jumps in front of kato and in the same moment ? got tears In her eyes ? looke at her and by the next panel he got tears 2.....foh with all them tears.
    Izumi was a ? and a ? ? for that blackface ? , but him kei kurono the gawd and the first american are the dopest gantz agents
  • ShencotheMC
    edited June 2013
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    Katou is a ? ? ass ? wtf manga y'all reading?

I can only cs @shenco part on the crying. Kishimoto jumps in front of kato and in the same moment ? got tears In her eyes ? looke at her and by the next panel he got tears 2.....foh with all them tears.
    Izumi was a ? and a ? ? for that blackface ? , but him kei kurono the gawd and the first american are the dopest gantz agents

? what? Katou be going just as hard as Kurono. That Osaka arc and the Temple arc showed us that. In the beginning he was ? because he didn't want to shoot, but now...that dude is going for his. And I'm guessing he loved Kishimoto which is why he cried. Hell Kei cried too
  • gns
    Options
    ? they all cried I agree with u on that point. The temple arc he manned up a lil bur to say he goes as hard as kei.....bruh that's laughable.

Kei is the selling point of the manga because the ? get in danger his adrenaline kicks in and he starts ? ? up.

? kei has gotten more points without a suit than izumi and katou at times. Nobody is ? with him.
  • Tymoney19
    Options
    Real ? tho Kei Goat Gantz soldier but he has done some ? ? like getting his whole class murked
  • Tymoney19
    Options
    Wtf happened to the vampires though?
  • ShencotheMC
    edited June 2013
    Options
    ? they all cried I agree with u on that point. The temple arc he manned up a lil bur to say he goes as hard as kei.....bruh that's laughable.

Kei is the selling point of the manga because the ? get in danger his adrenaline kicks in and he starts ? ? up.

? kei has gotten more points without a suit than izumi and katou at times. Nobody is ? with him.
    Manned up a little? Katou damn near took that last alien for dolo at the temple with one arm. Kei is the selling point because he's the main ? character. Of course they gon' have him doing all types of out of the box ? . They even cloned the ? just so he could ? the other ? . And he's somehow the only one getting any types of ? . You acting like Katou wasn't bear-hugging them chicken aliens out the box. Kei only went without the suit twice with a bunch of noobs that didn't really do anything. And tbh, they played izumi on his points on that one with the dinosaur aliens imo. I thought he should have gotten more. And the Osaka arc Captain America-I -I mean Katou took out that 100-pointer head up.

I'll give Kei his props because he do his dirt, but let's be honest. He was hating on his boy because kishimoto wanted kato and not him, he basically stole niishii and katou's swag and ran with it after they died, Simps tae like a ? , got his whole class murked, and didn't pop izumi until tae was on the line even though he knew ? was gonna go down.
  • ShencotheMC
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Real ? tho Kei Goat Gantz soldier but he has done some ? ? like getting his whole class murked

What about being jealous because kishimoto wanted kato instead of him. ? was on that Usher You Got it Bad ? hard.

And after the final mission I think the vampires just bowed out of everything and said ? it. It feels like this manga is like a bunch of movies rolled into one. Gamer, blade, the matrix, war of the worlds, and one more I can't remember right now.
  • gns
    Options
    The vamps still around, they watching kei go dolo on that giant right now.

The vamps cool but they were some hoes for attacking kei while he lost his memory and he still almost got all of them.

And shenco u must be smoking weed from bulbasaur. ? bear hugging birds when he could've shot them lmao foh.
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    The vamps still around, they watching kei go dolo on that giant right now.

The vamps cool but they were some hoes for attacking kei while he lost his memory and he still almost got all of them.

And shenco u must be smoking weed from bulbasaur. ? bear hugging birds when he could've shot them lmao foh.

Lol you really about to argue HOW he got the ? ? The bird went down did it not? Okay then. Also I think Katou and some other folks still up there with him on that ship. I know them foreign dudes that came for the final push died trynna help him. Also the new chapter dropped today...yippee
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

Lol yo wtf was that at the end of the anime?
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    Sidenote: That reika ? was crazy and I was glad when her and the clone got popped. I hope they can bring kishimoto, the tomb raider chick, and everyone else (except the clone) back at the end
  • Tymoney19
    Options
    One chapter left then its over
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    One chapter left then its over

It feel like there's too much ? to be concluded for only one chapter. I hope dude don't pull some ? . that last chapter needs to be long
  • ShencotheMC
    Options
    To all Gantz fans in here, tell me if I'm wrong here with this.

Kurono is a swag jacker.

Let me explain. Now after Niishii died, did homie not become more like him on that temple mission?

Katou was known as the best leader of the team, and when he died, did Kurono not jack his leadership swag and run with it?

Imo dude basically pulled a wiz khalifa. Now he's basically Katou with a splash of simp(KTT's L&A section). He may be the goat gantz player, but nah katou and niishii fathered that ? .
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried watching the anime but I couldn't get into it. From the comments in here I will try reading the manga.