• Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    COD looks like COD.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Including eight totally new franchises.

At today's Microsoft event -- in which the Xbox One was revealed -- the company noted that Xbox One will be receiving 15 exclusive games in its first year on the market. Notably, eight of those games are promised to be from all-new franchises. One of which -- Quantum Break -- has already been shown.

Microsoft's focus on exclusive games with the Xbox One is likely a direct response to criticism leveled at the company during the Xbox 360 era, in which it had few exclusive games, although those exclusives -- like Halo, Gears of War and Fable -- were huge. This puts Microsoft into direct competition with Sony, which has traditionally more heavily emphasized its exclusive content.
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How much is it
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm very glad to hear they're not just going to rehash all their franchises in one fell swoop and actually will gamble on new IP's. Since I plan on copping one of these next holiday season I hope the next Fable and PGR are part of that 1st year window of exclusive software.
  • Broddie
    Options
    How much is it

They didn't say.

We're going to have to wait 2 1/2 weeks to find out (E3).

• T-Rel
    T-Rel Members Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want a gaming console not an entertainment console.
  • Karl.
    Options
    Why is everyone acting all surprised and upset about the social/media stuff?
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    T-Rel wrote: »

Ps4>
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »
    Cod ghosts looking GOAT
    no it doesn't the hell are yall looking at?

ITS THE SAME DAMN GAME!!!

I know
  • T-Rel
    Options
    Co sign. Looks like I'm def copping a PS4
  • Broddie
    Options
    T-Rel wrote: »

There are options for that. Provided you don't give a damn about 1st party MS games.

For people like me who were planning on investing in multimedia boxes since they will be the standard in a decade (count on it) the fact that this is a multimedia box straight out the box is a really nice bonus.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »
    Why is everyone acting all surprised and upset about the social/media stuff?

I don't know. Considering that social interaction has always been one of the biggest hooks of the Xbox brand since 2002.
  • funkdocdamc
    funkdocdamc Members Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    This was better than Sony conference

You're like the videogame version of a hypebeast, troll ass ? .

? I had Xbox but I giving props

I have a 360, but that has nothing to do with my comment towards you. We're just gonna agree to disagree because I have no idea wtf you saw that made you hype about this ? , unless you're heavy into twitter, facebook, or whatever other social media sites there are. The multi-tasking was great and the voice control ? was cool like I said earlier, but game-wise, this ? was wack as ? . They didn't show ? except CGI trailers of multi-plat games (except Forza). Sony conference wasn't great either, but it was way better than this. We're still gonna have to wait until E3 to see what this thing can do.
  • Karl.
    Options
    We're on the horizon of another big console war.

I'm gonna have to wait for IGN to post a rundown vid. I couldn't give no ? about COD and FIFA. We knew that ? was coming anyway.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still think PS4 is more powerful.
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    Come on Mike, you had to make a new thread for this, lol
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was better than Sony conference

You're like the videogame version of a hypebeast, troll ass ? .

? I had Xbox but I giving props

I have a 360, but that has nothing to do with my comment towards you. We're just gonna agree to disagree because I have no idea wtf you saw that made you hype about this ? , unless you're heavy into twitter, facebook, or whatever other social media sites there are. The multi-tasking was great and the voice control ? was cool like I said earlier, but game-wise, this ? was wack as ? . They didn't show ? except CGI trailers of multi-plat games (except Forza). Sony conference wasn't great either, but it was way better than this. We're still gonna have to wait until E3 to see what this thing can do.

I meant "hate".
  • T-Rel
    Options
    I just wanted to see a lot of game play improvements. That other ? is irrelevant to me.
  • funkdocdamc
    edited May 2013
    Options
    They said it's not Always online, deal with it.

8 gigs of RAM
    500 GB HDD
    USB 3.0
    Wi-Fi Direct
    No backwards compatibility
    a Blu-Ray disc drive
    64-bit architecture
    "practically silent" operation
  • T-Rel
    Options
    I'll check out E3, but I'm leaning towards that PS4 heavy.
  • Broddie
    Options
    AP12 wrote: »
    i think everyone is still being premature...

i think this conference served its purpose...you will be talking more about this than the PS4 leading up to E3...

I think people need to stop being so impatient b/c i'm curious to see what new IPs they will have...i mean after all...thats why most of the sony fanboys clowned the xbox in the first place b/c of the lack of 1st party titles...

But E3 will be here before you know it...just calm down until then...

Except they've had consistently top quality first party titles since the original XBOX. Something Sony has struggled with since the PS2 so this is another ? contest I never saw any logic behind.

• Broddie
    edited May 2013
    Options
    They said it's not Always online, deal with it.

It has to be since it is cloud based so I don't buy that. I don't mind and I don't even game online and probably will never have an active online profile on any of my games anyway but anything that keeps the thing lag free is cool with me. The fact that it's being supported by hundreds of thousands of servers as opposed to a few thousand helps a lot.
  • funkdocdamc
    Options
    AP12 wrote: »
    i think everyone is still being premature...

i think this conference served its purpose...you will be talking more about this than the PS4 leading up to E3...

I think people need to stop being so impatient b/c i'm curious to see what new IPs they will have...i mean after all...thats why most of the sony fanboys clowned the xbox in the first place b/c of the lack of 1st party titles...

But E3 will be here before you know it...just calm down until then...

True that. It's only wack because people (myself included) were expecting one thing and got something else. Verdict is still out until E3.