Blog: Black men are the problem

Options

Comments

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    @stopitfive just give me a rebuttal or something if you going to wack or push feelings, let's have a healthy discussion.

I dont read your ? titangraphs...

So can you please stop pressing wack and feelings if you didn't read them. That makes my stats look bad. Thank you.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    The hustle for the perfect gif is serious. I wanted to give you ? something ya'll ain't already seen. Or at least not overly used. Some thing fresh. Something funny. Something silly. Something that had that... that.. that spark. My search was long and arduous.

But I've gotten hungry as hell in the process, so I'm just giving y'all whatever while I grabs some chicken and beer.

Till next time...

28tcm6b.jpg

That's my homeboy in that gif. Marcus Brimage. He rently lost though.
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't believe that black men are the problem. I believe that there is an underlying issue that black men don't want to admit and correct the problems that THEY face. And is our job as your help-mate [or whatever] to be the backbone and strengthen the community and help them get through it.
    Lil Loca wrote: »
    Overall, black woman-centric discussion in this and similar spaces I found is not concerned with black men despite them being a topic. There is no wailing and moaning about why black men won’t change. There is no impatient demand that black men get themselves together. Or a lot of wincing for them to “come home” from non-black women. African American men simply have caused a lot of irreparable damage to themselves and the women in their group. And no amount of excuses, finger-pointing or demands that black women shut up about their experiences is going to change that.

This is probably the most telling and most important part of the article.

Unfortunately, I think the fragile egos of men will prevent them from taking anything constructive from this. The whole discussion of problems that we face have always been framed as being Black women's fault, from Steve Harvey and Tyler Perry. However, a lot of the dialogue never really centers on brothers learning to have better relationships with Black women and how racism contributes to them being unable to fully open up about how they can negatively effect sisters.

Black men need to get their act together, and some of the posts in this thread are troubling reminders of that fact. (Not me, because I'm so awesome already.) But this post (and the blog in general) is not about constructive criticism. The author, like many of the commenters, sees black men as irreparably damaged. Her mind is made up; she doesn't want dialogue. She wants out.

but they're not. just like black women aren't. it is just up to us to raise our standards in some areas. and educate our kids so that they don't repeat the cycle.
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Overall, black woman-centric discussion in this and similar spaces I found is not concerned with black men despite them being a topic. There is no wailing and moaning about why black men won’t change. There is no impatient demand that black men get themselves together. Or a lot of wincing for them to “come home” from non-black women. African American men simply have caused a lot of irreparable damage to themselves and the women in their group. And no amount of excuses, finger-pointing or demands that black women shut up about their experiences is going to change that.

Unfortunately, I think the fragile egos of men will prevent them from taking anything constructive from this. The whole discussion of problems that we face have always been framed as being Black women's fault, from Steve Harvey and Tyler Perry. However, a lot of the dialogue never really centers on brothers learning to have better relationships with Black women and how racism contributes to them being unable to fully open up about how they can negatively effect sisters.

I can take all the bad rep, since I'm use to it, but you are right and most black men do not want to change from ? mongers, dead beats, sex addicts, drug addicts, chasing all the different races of women throughout the world, selling drugs, not going to school, living with their mother, etc due to not having higher standards. Black women and black men and the individual have failed them. Society takes advantage and pushes for that kind of backwater mentality as well and for black women. They need to wake up and smell the roses that they need to be an example and strengthen their community since no one is gonna do it for you. You just have to take care of your responsibilities and make it YOU and than you can preach to everyone about it and show them the true growth and progress.

Get rid of the Celtic mindset and foolishness and regain true principles and ideology to help your communities.

you sound like a member of the KKK with your ? ass generalizations

Do I really need to say some or few, etc? Quit shying from the problem and deal with the problem. That's all I'm saying what else do you want someone to say. I'm not going to pat you on the back and say you can do anything you want, just go out and do it. If you are a dead beat and refuse to take care of your children, change your mind set, reconcile with the mother and pay your child support or make arrangements with the mother and keep receipts. Take your kids out and limit your fun time and work hard so your kids can have a better life and educate them. It's hard work because it's Adult life is hard work.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aye... @moneypowerrespect ...Where you from...?
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »

good ol' nashville tn...
  • sweetheart93
    sweetheart93 Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Black men, I just want you to know that I'm here for you.

Don't let the meanie that wrote this blog make you feel bad. You is kind. You is smart. You is important.
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I can take all the bad rep, since I'm use to it, but you are right and most black men do not want to change from ? mongers, dead beats, sex addicts, drug addicts, chasing all the different races of women throughout the world, selling drugs, not going to school, living with their mother, etc due to not having higher standards. Black women and black men and the individual have failed them. Society takes advantage and pushes for that kind of backwater mentality as well and for black women. They need to wake up and smell the roses that they need to be an example and strengthen their community since no one is gonna do it for you. You just have to take care of your responsibilities and make it YOU and than you can preach to everyone about it and show them the true growth and progress.

Get rid of the Celtic mindset and foolishness and regain true principles and ideology to help your communities.

Do I really need to say some or few, etc? Quit shying from the problem and deal with the problem. That's all I'm saying what else do you want someone to say. I'm not going to pat you on the back and say you can do anything you want, just go out and do it. If you are a dead beat and refuse to take care of your children, change your mind set, reconcile with the mother and pay your child support or make arrangements with the mother and keep receipts. Take your kids out and limit your fun time and work hard so your kids can have a better life and educate them. It's hard work because it's Adult life is hard work.

lol i understand what you're saying, its just about how you come across saying it, and at the same time the generalizations you make, you do know that people of other races probably look at you and apply it to you, no matter how hard you try to fit in and act as if you're better
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Don't let the meanie that wrote this blog make you feel bad. You is kind. You is smart. You is important.

Are u a ? slave girl or sumthin?

The hell is wrong with u
  • KingJamal
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »

The hell is wrong with u

its a quote from the help

U mean that maid movie?

Lol I was bout to say wats up wit the slave speech
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? that bash black men have poor selection skills and group all in the same category. ? that hoe.
  • A1000MILES
    Options

good ol' nashville tn...

Okay, I'm from SC...Let's go get some barbecue and get busy...
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    Options

good ol' nashville tn...

the fat ass in me immediately got hungry..bt naw..i'm cool.
  • sweetheart93
    sweetheart93 Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The hell is wrong with u

It was a joke :| Jesus y'all are hella sensitive. I didn't cry when that dude called my husband a "cac". smh
  • KingJamal
    edited April 2013
    Options

The hell is wrong with u

It was a joke :| Jesus y'all are hella sensitive. I didn't cry when that dude called my husband a "cac". smh

Ain't nobody crying

I posted that cuz u were posting like u just came in from the damn cotton fields

And nobody give a ? about ur saltine
  • Ajackson17
    Options

lol i understand what you're saying, its just about how you come across saying it, and at the same time the generalizations you make, you do know that people of other races probably look at you and apply it to you, no matter how hard you try to fit in and act as if you're better

I don't care about other races and their opinions. I care for my people and I know it may seem harsh, but I really want black men to gain back their identity and communities. I don't see myself no where better, but if I'm going to say what I'm saying I got to do what I'm saying. Once black men take care of their responsibilities and help one another than we can see better change.
  • A1000MILES
    Options

good ol' nashville tn...

It's just a matter of time, b...
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    Options

good ol' nashville tn...

u payin.??
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    Options
    @sweetheart93 i like that movie. me and one of my best friends watch it all the time. did u read the book?

• A1000MILES
    Options

good ol' nashville tn...

u payin.??

You poppin...?

• Purr
    Purr Members Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    terribly written. :(

I couldn't even finish reading what she had wrote.

anyways, her attitude sucks. not all black men are these terrible creatures that bitter women make them out to be. nor are all white men are these amazingly perfect men who are going to rescue all of these bitter women from the monstrous black men.

the blame game and the self righteousness needs to stop on both ends.

• taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Couldn't read all that. It was poorly written....

• MoneyPowerRespect
    Options

good ol' nashville tn...

u payin.??

You poppin...?

my bby bump prevents me from doing such. oh...and my dignity. -____-
    that's like askin me to bust it open for a fish sandwich #NoDice
  • A1000MILES
    Options

good ol' nashville tn...

u payin.??

You poppin...?

that's like askin me to bust it
    open for a fish sandwich
    #NoDice

1. You preggo?...Yoy was tryna trap me, guh....

2. Depends on the type of fish in the sandwich...Tilapia >>>>> ? ...

• MoneyPowerRespect
    Options

good ol' nashville tn...

u payin.??

You poppin...?

that's like askin me to bust it
    open for a fish sandwich
    #NoDice

1. You preggo?...Yoy was tryna trap me, guh....

2. Depends on the type of fish in the sandwich...Tilapia >>>>> ? ...

1. i'm showing. you would've brought it up.
    2. u wouldn't have penetrated anyways.
    3. i'm not bustin anything open for any reason. that's how i got in this mess in the first place.