Aye...What Do You Think Is A Reasonable Amount For Child Support....?

Options
A1000MILES
A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
Me and my partna was just talmbout this...Personally, I feel like if a ? payin between 500-2,500 a month(for 1-3kids), them kids got erthing they need...Cause the mother got an income too, right?...Anything over that 2,500 amount...What is the mother actually spending that money on?...It can't be the kids....Am I wrong?

Comments

• Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    infinite love and affection...
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    Of course...But get out that fantasy world and step into real
    life where people who have no business breeding do...Then answer the question...
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    *steps into the real world*

Raising the child seems pretty reasonable.

Well cuh...I hope that you never dip into a bad batch of brown sugar that leaves a bitter taste in your wallet...
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As a father of a son who has plenty of food, clothes, shoes, toys, visits to the zoo, Chuck E. Cheese, etc - there's NO reason for a man to be paying more than say $400 - $500 for a child in child support. And that's on the high end. But that's STRICTLY for child.

But I'm glad I ain't gotta worry about such things.
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    ^^ Is that for one kid...?
  • sweetheart93
    sweetheart93 Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Depends on how much the dad/mom makes. If the parent is rich the kid should get a lot of money if the parent is broke the kid should get less money.
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »

That isn't even bad. That's a reasonable budget.
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    Depends on how much the dad/mom makes. If the parent is rich the kid should get a lot of money if the parent is broke the kid should get less money.

I could understand that for a teenager...But why does a lil ? need anymore than 500-1,000 dollars a month?...What about his life requires more money that a rack?
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At one point I was paying 700 a month for daycare.

It's almost more beneficial to be a poor single mother.

Making too much for assistance yet too little to cover everything is the real challenge.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing...do what ur posed to do and u won't have to cs...or fight for custody
  • Westie
    Options

I could understand that for a teenager...But why does a lil ? need anymore than 500-1,000 dollars a month?...What about his life requires more money that a rack?

Do you have any kids? Serious question.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »
    As a father of a son who has plenty of food, clothes, shoes, toys, visits to the zoo, Chuck E. Cheese, etc - there's NO reason for a man to be paying more than say $400 - $500 for a child in child support. And that's on the high end. But that's STRICTLY for child.

I agree to an extent, but if the mother is the custodial parent, she should be compensated for household expenses as well.

If you're sharing custody (kid splits time with parents during the week), there shouldn't be any CS. I believe this is an ideal situation for both parents. Live apart but close enough where the kid can attend school while living with both parents for half of the week

If one parent is the custodial parent, 400-500 isn't going to cut it for addtl food, clothes, entertainment, higher utilities because of the kid, etc.

I pay like $150 a month in formula, $560 for daycare, $60 for diapers, $160 to carry him on my insurance, maybe $50-100 in clothes and toys i get for him, and throw in $100 for incidentals (kids always need ? ). That ? 's expensive and I'm not a single parent, we have two incomes...I could only imagine how hard it is for a single mother.

Agreed. But let's do the math and look at the logistics:

$75 - Formula
    $280 - Daycare
    $30 - Diapers
    $80 - Insurance
    $25 - Clothes
    $50 - Incidental

That's $540 - Half of everything you mentioned. Why are they mandating ? pay $1000+ for one kid? Maybe I'm being naive but I see a lot of ? getting financially ? by the courts. I mean, I got little sympathy for them ? because most knew they had a vindictive hood rat before they shot her club up, but still.

(Also, your job is ? you on insurance)
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    MrsWest wrote: »

That isn't even bad. That's a reasonable budget.

But...She make money too, right?...So the bd payin 500-1,000 should be enough to feed and clothe a child, right?...Of course I know it wouldn't be ideal, but would it not suffice?
  • sweetheart93
    sweetheart93 Members Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Daycare, food, clothes, toys. Daycare is really expensive. lol and little kids outgrow their clothes pretty fast so the parent would have to keep up with their growth spurts.
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL at 500 being the max. Shiiiiid i was paying 900 a month for daycare alone and im not on cs.
  • A1000MILES
    Options

Hell naw...I use condoms...
  • The Prodigalson
    The Prodigalson Members, Writer Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats for two kids though.
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    LOL at 500 being the max. Shiiiiid i was paying 900 a month for daycare alone and im not on cs.

It better be for two kids...I was bout to say, that's ? ...
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a child dont cost that much until they become teens.the parents spend most of the child support on Hair,Men,nails and partying anyway
  • Westie
    Options

I agree to an extent, but if the mother is the custodial parent, she should be compensated for household expenses as well.

If you're sharing custody (kid splits time with parents during the week), there shouldn't be any CS. I believe this is an ideal situation for both parents. Live apart but close enough where the kid can attend school while living with both parents for half of the week

If one parent is the custodial parent, 400-500 isn't going to cut it for addtl food, clothes, entertainment, higher utilities because of the kid, etc.

I pay like $150 a month in formula, $560 for daycare, $60 for diapers, $160 to carry him on my insurance, maybe $50-100 in clothes and toys i get for him, and throw in $100 for incidentals (kids always need ? ). That ? 's expensive and I'm not a single parent, we have two incomes...I could only imagine how hard it is for a single mother.

Agreed. But let's do the math and look at the logistics:

$75 - Formula
    $280 - Daycare
    $30 - Diapers
    $80 - Insurance
    $25 - Clothes
    $50 - Incidental

That's $540 - Half of everything you mentioned. Why are they mandating ? pay $1000+ for one kid? Maybe I'm being naive but I see a lot of ? getting financially ? by the courts. I mean, I got little sympathy for them ? because most knew they had a vindictive hood rat before they shot her club up, but still.

(Also, your job is ? you on insurance)

@ the bolded that's nothing
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    Baybey wrote: »
    child support is the first thing that comes to mind when children are discussed; like theyre property or something.

Well that's cause of the state of marriage/commitment in our society...Doesn't mean a lot...All I know is I wan a life partner who I never have to go through this ? with...So hopefully that works out...
  • Westie
    Options

Please keep it that way because you will be in for a rude awakening even with two working parents.
  • Dr. Stitch
    Dr. Stitch Members Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Baybey wrote: »
    child support is the first thing that comes to mind when children are discussed; like theyre property or something.

keep your ? in your pants or use protection if your triflin ass dont want to deal with responsibilities.

Yeah ok...but we're talkin about AFTER the ? go down, FOH wit that retrospect bs...
  • A1000MILES
    Options

Please keep it that way

I mean...Sometimes I rock raw...But that's what plan B is for....My rude awakening will be if I catch somethin I can't get rid of...