DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited April 2013 in The Reason

Wack or Not Vol. 21: Young Jeezy 46 votes

Yay
10%
1of1dwade2065th LetterohhhlaMuhannad 5 votes
Meh
19%
rip.dillaP. TownMister B.idoitforhiphop10purpngoldKamPushMegenocidecutterSleepwalkingInJapankjrain12 9 votes
Nay (JEEZY DA SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN HAHA)
67%
southsil4lilinfamous114double0suge700CJCutler 26 INT's LOL!KINGECDOPEdweebzIbexMrCrookedLetterAlready Home_17lookdudeStoneColdMikeyvslykeStiff_Menace_Confidential PlayaFyHunnitfuc_i_look_likeIgot5onit 31 votes
Undecided
2%
Sleepzz716 1 vote

Comments

• CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One classic & 3 bangers especially the recession.
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He been snappin lately, I need an album from dude
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh
    After TM102 I could give 2 ? about Jeezy. Dude is slightly a clown
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He a crab ass ? but still one of my favorites.
  • LilStat
    LilStat Members Posts: 23
    Options
    a lil bit lousy these days but still some good ? though, back in the days.
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yay
    I'm a fan and I own three of his albums (TM101, The Inspiration and The Recession) and dl'ed a sh*tload of mixtapes and his latest album. Around '05 when his hype was at his highest he would go around saying sh*t like he's not a rapper but a motivational speaker. I'm not a rapper, I'm a hustler. Meanwhile this n*gga been trying to get on since the late 90ties and dropped several albums before his breakthrough. He had to switch his style a few times, first sounding like a broke Trick Daddy making wack a*s crunk jams.

Whenever n*ggas be on that I'm not a rapper sh*t they do that to not be held accountable for (the wackness of) their rhymes. Jigga's the only exception to this.

Jeezy's not the most talented rapper but he can construct a song and put together cohesive albums. I had to vote wack, because unlike some on here Ion give rappers passes. He has improved since '05 but I'ma call 'em how I see 'em. His rhymes range from decent to wack, but IMO he makes dope songs. I will continue to buy his albums when they worth buying (wasn't feeling his latest attempt).
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snowman ? .. I don't even wear the same draws
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh
    Depends on which mood im in. He does make alot of songs i enjoy tho.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even tho it was dropped in 2008, The Recession is already a classic. GOAT album of the last 5 years. Dude makes some solid music when he wants to.
  • 1of1
    1of1 Members Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yay
    Wack

Good beats, cool voice, funny or persistent ad libs.

That's what you get outta Jeezy. HIs rhymes are trash more often than not.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    Yay
    Stiff wrote: »
    Muhannad X wrote: »
    I'm a fan and I own three of his albums (TM101, The Inspiration and The Recession) and dl'ed a sh*tload of mixtapes and his latest album. Around '05 when his hype was at his highest he would go around saying sh*t like he's not a rapper but a motivational speaker. I'm not a rapper, I'm a hustler. Meanwhile this n*gga been trying to get on since the late 90ties and dropped several albums before his breakthrough. He had to switch his style a few times, first sounding like a broke Trick Daddy making wack a*s crunk jams.

Whenever n*ggas be on that I'm not a rapper sh*t they do that to not be held accountable for (the wackness of) their rhymes. Jigga's the only exception to this.

Jeezy's not the most talented rapper but he can construct a song and put together cohesive albums. I had to vote wack, because unlike some on here Ion give rappers passes. He has improved since '05 but I'ma call 'em how I see 'em. His rhymes range from decent to wack, but IMO he makes dope songs. I will continue to buy his albums when they worth buying (wasn't feeling his latest attempt).

Wait....you're a fan..you went to the store and bought 3 of his 4 albums..downloaded alot of his mixtapes..been rocking with him since before he was on..believes he can construct good songs..and put together good albums..typed an essay outlining all of this..only to state that you think he's wack??
    I can f*ck with an artist but still recognizing the fact that he's wack. Like I said I don't give passes. Let me give an example. Gab from Blackalicious is a dope emcee. I never felt their music and never f*cked with anything Blackalicious. I wasn't feeling their sh*t. I recognized and respected the skill but I never felt their music. Same with Cunninglinguists. On the other hand I f*cked with some of Master P's and C-Murder's sh*t, but that didn't mean I looked past their shortcomings.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wait....you're a fan..you went to the store and bought 3 of his 4 albums..downloaded alot of his mixtapes..been rocking with him since before he was on..believes he can construct good songs..and put together good albums..typed an essay outlining all of this..only to state that you think he's wack??
    I can f*ck with an artist but still recognizing the fact that he's wack. Like I said I don't give passes. Let me give an example. Gab from Blackalicious is a dope emcee. I never felt their music and never f*cked with anything Blackalicious. I wasn't feeling their sh*t. I recognized and respected the skill but I never felt their music. Same with Cunninglinguists. On the other hand I f*cked with some of Master P's and C-Murder's sh*t, but that didn't mean I looked past their shortcomings.

Yea i feel that BUT it's different saying I recognize somebody's dope but they're just not for me than saying somebody can make good songs and good albums and I buy a majority of they music but they still wack as hell which is what you pretty much said lol..
  • Muhannad
    Options
    Yay

Yea i feel that BUT it's different saying I recognize somebody's dope but they're just not for me than saying somebody can make good songs and good albums and I buy a majority of they music but they still wack as hell which is what you pretty much said lol..
    I think too many people give rappers unwarranted passes. That's one of the reasons why the bar is lowered.

IMHO a rapper can be wack but still put out dope music (to me). Let me say it differently. While I like some of Jeezy's sh*t, what would be left of his sh*t if I'd take away his production and his adlibs? If I can't listen to you acapella, you wack, plain & simple. If I've been hearing you put out music for 8+ years and you've never spit any line that made me rewind that tape, you wack. If you been in the game for a long a*s time and you have next to zero quotables, you wack (I'm sorry)...
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hasn't been putting out that much good music but he's far from whack.
  • Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think too many people give rappers unwarranted passes. That's one of the reasons why the bar is lowered.

IMHO a rapper can be wack but still put out dope music (to me). Let me say it differently. While I like some of Jeezy's sh*t, what would be left of his sh*t if I'd take away his production and his adlibs? If I can't listen to you acapella, you wack, plain & simple. If I've been hearing you put out music for 8+ years and you've never spit any line that made me rewind that tape, you wack. If you been in the game for a long a*s time and you have next to zero quotables, you wack (I'm sorry)...

So in your eyes if a rapper isn't lyrical they're wack? IMO being a dope MC has many aspects to it w/lyrics being only one aspect. What if a rapper had hella quotables but constantly rapped over boring production and had a monotone flow?
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Yay
    i could never get into Jeezy's music and i tried.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Meh
    I feel where @Muhannad_X is coming from. Some artists that I ? with are terrible lyrically, but I appreciate other thing s they can do with a song. Bizarre just makes me laugh, and I can appreciate that. Mystical wasn't great, but his flow, MEGA intensive flow commanded a presence, even if his voice sounds like he X'd and coked up at the same time all the time.

Point is, I understand that artistically, all these dudes may not even be sound, but that have A place in Hip-Hop that gets them appreciated somewhere. Jeezy's best verse is pretty blah, but ? will ? with him cause he relates to them and puts out catchy music.
  • Muhannad
    Options
    Yay

So in your eyes if a rapper isn't lyrical they're wack? IMO being a dope MC has many aspects to it w/lyrics being only one aspect. What if a rapper had hella quotables but constantly rapped over boring production and had a monotone flow?
    I never said an emcee had to be lyrical to be considered dope. Hell, Pac is my fav rapper and he wasn't lyrical. He wasn't spitting wack lines neither and he rapped. He was capable of laying down a dope verse. These rappers I call wack aren't because of their lack of skill. While I copped and liked TM101 when it dropped Jeezy didn't flow on most tracks but rather talked and masked this basic lack of skill with addlibs. I could see why he'd say he was a motivational speaker instead of a rapper. Line for line, Jeezy's wack but he makes entertaining music.

I think we should agree to disagree on this one because I'm starting to repeat myself.

• lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options

Lol that's some ? dawg

So lets say you met young jeezy you'd be like

*daps him up*
    "Yo I ? wit all your ? man that trap or die is hard as ? i ride to that ? daily smh... But you're still wack doe"
  • Muhannad
    Options
    Yay
    lookdude wrote: »

Lol that's some ? dawg

*daps him up*
    "Yo I ? wit all your ? man that trap or die is hard as ? i ride to that ? daily smh... But you're still wack doe"
    I just went back & forth with someone else (no disrespect). Check my posts responding to @Stiff.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    his last 2 singles have been hits
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol that's some ? dawg

*daps him up*
    I just went back & forth with someone else (no disrespect). Check my posts responding to @Stiff.

It is what it is man, if we showed jeezy this thread you clearly voted "yay" that he is wack

tumblr_lvjyc1aiVX1qkfkdf.gif
  • Muhannad
    Options
    Yay

Lol that's some ? dawg

*daps him up*

It is what it is man, if we showed jeezy this thread you clearly voted "yay" that he is wack

tumblr_lvjyc1aiVX1qkfkdf.gif
    I think you care about it more than he would, since he's a "hustler" and not a "rappin' a*s rapper". Going by his own words he's just in it for the money and not the artistic recognition...
  • kjrain12
    kjrain12 Members Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh
    Jeezy is slightly above "meh".