Options
  • Babaaa
    Babaaa Members Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aint nobody ? with Black Hippy
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just notice all the featured wack rappers are listed above and all dope ones are at the bottom Game,Busta,Common,Krit,
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P. Town wrote: »
    I understand Kendrick Lamar the biggest out of all them, but that caption "K.Dot Kicked In The Door And Brought His Crew", I don't like that

C/S. They all did what they had to do individually to make a name for themselves.

IMO As a person who has been following the TDE crew since 07, I would say that Jay Rock has done the most out of all of them. 'Follow Me Home' is a slept on album.
  • englishdude
    englishdude Members Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    northside7 wrote: »
    I understand Kendrick Lamar the biggest out of all them, but that caption "K.Dot Kicked In The Door And Brought His Crew", I don't like that

C/S. They all did what they had to do individually to make a name for themselves.

IMO As a person who has been following the TDE crew since 07, I would say that Jay Rock has done the most out of all of them. 'Follow Me Home' is a slept on album.

Rock is the one that put TDE in the industry, Kendrick started as Jays hypeman lol.

When he dropped 'All my life'. With Weezy was when I noticed the brand size increasing.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Top Dawg I see B you!
  • G.Avant
    G.Avant Members, Writer Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's the truth though. The average person wouldn't even know who Ab Soul, Jay Rock or Schoolboy Q were if Kendrick Lamar didn't blow. TDE really started getting attention after Section 80.
  • lookdude
    lookdude Members Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dave Chapelle needs to make a comeback
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay rock should have taken 10 steps back when the pic was taken to make it accurate
  • Iceberg Slick
    Iceberg Slick Members Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay Rock been the 1st to be solo. He was getting shine before TDE came up around 06-07 he be getting the most shine solo. Schoolboy was next cosigning YG and Tyga on the comeup before Tyga signed to YMCMB. Jay Rock be on the same ? . Not that there anything wrong with it. He just needs to step it up. After Kendrick dropped Section 80 all the West coast ? connected to the majors wanted to hype the ? . The jew execs took Dre's advice and now Kendrick the frontman.
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For those that recall...Jay Rock was on an episode of True Life...
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    good to see TDE doing their thing.
    i like Jay Rock's version of How To Rob better than 50.
    50 a ?
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick is like the ball player that gets all the scouts buzzin, and then when they come out to a game to scout him they see that the whole damn team can ball too. now the whole teams buzzin.

I think part of the reason Rock might've not blown up as much first, was cause he sounds kinda like game. so people were probably like "we already got game what we need him for?"
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »

lol what was the episode?
  • A1000MILES
    Options

I think it was called "I Live In The Ghetto" or something...But they went to the Jungles in LA and filmed his part...It was another girl from like Memphis on that episode...And a girl from the MTV camera crew got shot with a paintball gun while filming her part...
  • G.Avant
    Options

I think it was called "I Live In The Ghetto" or something...But they went to the Jungles in LA and filmed his part...It was another girl from like Memphis on that episode...And a girl from the MTV camera crew got shot with a paintball gun while filming her part...

The main dude aint Jay Rock. Was he one of his friends or something?
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »

Oh, it's not?..Well ? , I stand corrected...I always remembered seein Jay Rock video for "Ghetto" and thinkin, "Damn, that's that ? from True Life, he really made it"....Hahaha...
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay rock should have taken 10 steps back when the pic was taken to make it accurate
    I laughed irl..
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick is like the ball player that gets all the scouts buzzin, and then when they come out to a game to scout him they see that the whole damn team can ball too. now the whole teams buzzin.

I think part of the reason Rock might've not blown up as much first, was cause he sounds kinda like game. so people were probably like "we already got game what we need him for?"

IMO Rock has a more gritty and street sound to him. That's a dumb reason people would bring to my attention.

B Brazy sounded like Eazy E. That didn't stop me from listening and liking his music. Some people just naturally sound alike.
  • G.Avant
    Options
    G.Avant wrote: »

Oh, it's not?..Well ? , I stand corrected...I always remembered seein Jay Rock video for "Ghetto" and thinkin, "Damn, that's that ? from True Life, he really made it"....Hahaha...

Yeah man I was trying to find the episode to watch it after you said that. That dude did kinda resemble Jay Rock though lol.