Retail Hypocrisy

Options
Carthaginian
Carthaginian Members Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://nycollegian.blogspot.com/2013/04/retail-hypocrisy-isa-? .html

An interesting take on retail corporations and its dichotomous aspects.

Comments

• Drew_Ali
    Drew_Ali Members Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i work in retail and know how this goes so i agree with the hypocrisy in it; catering to the customer not because we actually care about them but because we want their money. ok, fine. but how many employees are working there because they actually care about the company and not just their check?

unless u actually have a passion for it and u see what u do as a craft, the hypocrisy goes both ways.
  • Gold_Certificate
    Gold_Certificate Members Posts: 13,228 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I sure hope that's not an article complaining about how businesses care more about money than people.
  • BlackCat
    BlackCat Members Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not hypocritical at all. The main reason for customer service is to make more money, not because they actually really care about customers lol
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go figure wrote: »
    i work in retail and know how this goes so i agree with the hypocrisy in it; catering to the customer not because we actually care about them but because we want their money. ok, fine. but how many employees are working there because they actually care about the company and not just their check?

unless u actually have a passion for it and u see what u do as a craft, the hypocrisy goes both ways.

I just call that a part of life. You don't do it cause you want too, you do it cause you need too.
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Employee reviews of the company

glassdoor.com, indeed.com
  • Darth Sidious
    Darth Sidious Members Posts: 2,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options