Real talk tho, Wale's first album wasn't that bad tho.

Options
idoitforhiphop10
idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
I don't know why people always say that Wale first album was bad. He had alot of great songs on there and he was wayyyyy better lyrically on that album than he is now. He touched on alot of different subjects on that album like:

Colorism (Shades):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic-Tf1uLs0o

Young women in Hollywood (90210):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHWTQWXLr9o

Suicide (Contemplate):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3HL5UmajSI

Becoming Successful (Mama Told Me)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSISwBTbqpY

A Women scarred by past hurt in relationships (Diary)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbK_Fr3j5nk

And tracks where he showed off his wordplay

Triumph
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQheOeKmQXI

Beautiful Bliss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDTU5kdrruY

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    album was fire, unique and lyrical, i really think people just skim through music
  • idoitforhiphop10
    edited April 2013
    Options
    album was fire, unique and lyrical, i really think people just skim through music

Word I bet all the people who say it's bad probably only heard it once or only goes by the general consensus and don't think for themselves.
  • vslyke
    vslyke Members Posts: 661 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'd rather listen to that album to the fuckery he released with MMG
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Only reason I seen people say they didnt like about this album was the cats who complain about pop stars being on singles and I ignore their ignorance. Dope album.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cosign. ? only hated it because Gaga was on the album.
    Which is a ? reason because they were label mates and is not like it was a bad song.
    Plus how much he sold ? deemed it as a failure without giving it a chance.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    agreed! album is dope i keep it in tha whip...it was undershipped tho i couldnt find it any where i had to order it from amazon
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I must be the only one who liked Chillin. I didn't give a ? about the gaga hook, but the beat was cool and the way wale was spittin too.
  • Kellmill
    Kellmill Members, Writer Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought both his albums were good, Ambition gets a lot of unfair hate too. But with all that said, I think both albums are slightly disappointing. Some joints on both are straight skippable material.
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was surprisingly good to me I just find it hard to be a fan of his becuase ? tactics
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    That gaga song was before she became huge
  • deshoun_alford
    deshoun_alford Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    Options
    vslyke wrote: »

Thank you!!! he's a perfect example of money over art.....beautiful bliss was the nest song on the album even though cole stomped his ass on it

• nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1st album was dope. Hated to see him go to MMG though.
  • Kellmill
    Options
    Yall really saying his all ? with MMG is wack?
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? wasn't bad but it was missing something and the production was meh

the day that junt came out with gaga and gucci ? were on this site abandoning ship on the album

but we can call it dope all we want but we didn't support it surprising
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    had more substance on the first, but i liked ambition a lot more, really dont understand y its not liked, now some of his new new ? , i kinda understand
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love Attention Deficit, it caught a lot of hate but it was a very good project. I still rock Beautiful Bliss, 90210 & Shades over anything he released on MMG. Dude had lyricism, diverse content and a fresh sound..too bad he didn't stick with it.
  • Kellmill
    Options
    Wale is the perfect example of an artist that gets hated on now that he's popular. I don't see much difference between what he's doing with MMG and what he did before. He still has the same level of lyricism.
  • idoitforhiphop10
    Options
    I personally like this album more than ambition. Ambition was alright, but it was really just fly beats and rhymes. He wasn't talkin about ? on that album. Also, you can tell he slightly dumbed down lyrically.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    vslyke wrote: »

Basically. I'm not gonna say his ? is WACK now, I just don't care for it. Beautiful Bliss>>>>>> anything he's released since
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder why he named out Attention Deficit. If it was because the album was kinda all over the place touching on so many different topics then that was pretty smart.
    Wale still dope tho. That song he got on that Flex tape is flames. Really the only thing that has changed is his production. I feel Ambition was so different because he wanted to fit in because he ain't really talk about a damn thing on that. It was still cool tho AD is just better imo.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kellmill wrote: »
    Wale is the perfect example of an artist that gets hated on now that he's popular. I don't see much difference between what he's doing with MMG and what he did before. He still has the same level of lyricism.

The #1 excuse for people not liking your ? anymore. This the same reason he gives for why people don't like his ? the same. Cole's album was worse than his mixtape ? but he didn't RAP DIFFERENT. Wale does IMO but w/e
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    People listened to singles not albums.
    ADD in HD era.
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lyrics aren't his problem. Beats and the overall songs are.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lyrics aren't his problem. Beats and the overall songs are.

he doesnt have wack beats