The 25 most dangerous neighborhoods in America.. Did your hood make the list...

Options

Comments

• Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    This makes sense. My cousin recently moved to Compton and told me it wasn't that bad.
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah Acres Home is kinda tucked away, I was an adult before I even knew where or what it was...
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    No Jersey?
    Wtf.
    We never win anything.

Fist pumping isn't dangerous.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This makes sense. My cousin recently moved to Compton and told me it wasn't that bad.

Compton looks like a middle class suburb where houses have well kept lawns. The media has been feeding me ? all these years. I couldn't believe how nice that area was in person
  • Kat
    Options
    I'm guessing the other H-Town hood is somewhere in the South part of town probably Southwest.

It's gotta be..I'm about to Google it.

• Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I visited compton I thought the same thing. I was like damn what was the media feeding me. Wish I could say the same for Detriot and Gary Indiana....YELP
  • MoneyPowerRespect
    MoneyPowerRespect Members Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I Am Jay ? wrote: »
    When I visited compton I thought the same thing. I was like damn what was the media feeding me. Wish I could say the same for Detriot and Gary Indiana....YELP

i was watching somethin on tv and these guys robbed a clothing store by goin in through the roof. now, i don't know about y'all, but THAT was some ingenious ? to me.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KingJamal wrote: »
    06) Sunnyside (Houston, TX)

What'd I tell you?

@MzGrahamBitches Is that where ur from Kat lol???

lmao..nah, not at all.

My ex was born and raised there though, and when I talk about my bf's friends underground lounge..that's where it's at...

I'm kinda surprised Acres Homes didn't make it as well.

I'm trying to place the other Houston neighborhood that made the list..I can't picture it.

Third ward. Eldorado lounge n PABA r on that corner. Not far from UH

So that's the name of that hood.

To be a place of higher learning it's dicey as hell down by UH.
  • Kat
    Options
    I live in Alief.

I love our neighborhood, but yeah..anything outside of it...kinda sketchy.
  • Kat
    Options
    My mom used to have this girlfriend that lived in Alief when I was little girl and she would take us to her house around Christmas cause the woman had a Christmas tree in EVERY room of her house, so she knew we'd like to see it.

Back then Alief was a NICE suburb. I remember thinking how nice her house was and how big it was...

Fast forward to now, my mother comes to see the new house when we moved in last year...we stay in the same damn neighborhood as that friend of hers.

The surrounding area....not so great anymore. People headed out to Sugarland and further into Stafford.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Detroit stand up!
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What'd I tell you?

lmao..nah, not at all.

My ex was born and raised there though, and when I talk about my bf's friends underground lounge..that's where it's at...

I'm trying to place the other Houston neighborhood that made the list..I can't picture it.

Third ward. Eldorado lounge n PABA r on that corner. Not far from UH

So that's the name of that hood.

To be a place of higher learning it's dicey as hell down by UH.

I was wrong. I listed businesses on the corner of Elgin and Dowling but I was only a couple blocks off....its still third ward

And uhhhh...alief used to be OK. Its fugged up now

That area you called is still sketchy though I appreciate the info.

My mom's closest sister lives out in H-Town as well as my best friend so I visit there regularly.

Houston is a big ass city that I regularly get lost in.

Great city for the most part but some of those residential areas in certain parts of the city get sketchy as ? .
  • twatgetta
    twatgetta Members Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yo!, ain't it cool how we all in here talkin' about how deadly hard and ? violent each other's hoods are? Ain't that ? cool??...Naw ? this ? ain't cool. Mods close this thread now.
  • Kat
    Options
    Who said it was cool?

It is what it is...and we're discussing it.
  • jay83
    jay83 Members Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Southwest Houston is hot too. Anything west of 59 near the beltway going into alief is gang central.

Them ? need fathers

way back when i was at a teacher job fair. Katy isd had a line maybe 100 feet long. Northforest isd and alief had literally nobody in their lines. Lol

I used to ref ball games and sub at schools. I was outside kashmere highschool and saw a mom and a daughter stomping down another kid and her mother. it looked like somebody threw a weave grenade on the ground after that brawl. Smh.
  • Real Lady2
    Real Lady2 Members Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »

Compton looks like a middle class suburb where houses have well kept lawns. The media has been feeding me ? all these years. I couldn't believe how nice that area was in person

not all hoods are ? looking. or projects. or full of people on welfare, it's a crime infected neighborhood.

I was shocked when I first went up ny, and saw how clean some of the projects were. They made it seem like they were slums. Some of those pj's look like condominiums. & some of the people from the projects are raised middle class, and look pretty middle class. Because ny is so expensive, alot of people get money & still live in the pj's. Most of the project kids I was seeing were looking preppy. They made it like when you visit ny pj's there are nothing but goons and guns and slum villiage pj's.. I was shocked I couldnt tell if it was pj's or sky scrapper apartment buildings.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I been said certain parts of Houston were dangerous.

I'm surprised the Acres Homes community didn't make the list.

Garden City,Desoto Bissonnett&beltway 8,5th ward....better watch yo ? over there.
  • Kat
    Options
    Doubletee wrote: »

Garden City,Desoto Bissonnett&beltway 8,5th ward....better watch yo ? over there.

*lives off Bissonette*

I've ridden buses through that area. Honestly I think if you keep to yourself and make smart moves you won't have a problem. We've been here since September and I haven't had any problems.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options

*lives off Bissonette*

I've ridden buses through that area. Honestly I think if you keep to yourself and make smart moves you won't have a problem. We've been here since September and I haven't had any problems.

Worddd...i know alot of ppl who live in or near that area and ive heard plenty of stories.Im tryna get a spot out in pearland tho...real nice out there.

@Crude.Yeah the southwest side is where alllll the ? go down at because its alot going on on that side,alot of traffic because its near uptown,clubs,59 runs right downtown so its alot of people work route and again traffic .I know since ive been living here ive got my car broken into twice which isnt so bad considering alll the stuff that go down on a daily.
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

What'd I tell you?

lmao..nah, not at all.

? in Acres Homes play no games I was out there and thought I was in the country for a second because of its rural feel.

? grilling and ? .

Thought I was going to have get that iron I wasn't sure if Texas honored Louisiana carry law so I chilled.

Was in that hood yesterday, visited 3rd Ward to check out Tsu, went to 5th Ward where my boy lives. ? was like any other hood. Houston has showed me nothing but love these past 3 days,even in the hood.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    I'm guessing the other H-Town hood is somewhere in the South part of town probably Southwest.

Yeah Houston big as ? ...been out chea 3 years and its still come parts of the city i've never been to...hell i still ride with the gps just in case i wonder off somewhere and cant remember where the hell im at.
  • Chef_Taylor
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »

What'd I tell you?

lmao..nah, not at all.

? in Acres Homes play no games I was out there and thought I was in the country for a second because of its rural feel.

? grilling and ? .

Thought I was going to have get that iron I wasn't sure if Texas honored Louisiana carry law so I chilled.

Was in that hood yesterday, visited 3rd Ward to check out Tsu, went to 5th Ward where my boy lives. ? was like any other hood. Houston has showed me nothing but love these past 3 days,even in the hood.

Aint to many ? ? out here...like kat say...if you cool aint ? wit nobody or tryna be mr bigg on some flashy type ? nobody plexin...its been the same way since i been here...Im originally from Dallas and its my hometown but seem like in the H the people are way more down to earth.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Du_Du wrote: »
    no baltimore...i told yall we was coming up in the world....

Nah fam, Bmore has the 5th highest murder rate of all the cities in the US.
  • Ghost313
    Ghost313 Members Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ghost313 wrote: »

What'd I tell you?

lmao..nah, not at all.

? grilling and ? .

Aint to many ? ? out here...like kat say...if you cool aint ? wit nobody or tryna be mr bigg on some flashy type ? nobody plexin...its been the same way since i been here...Im originally from Dallas and its my hometown but seem like in the H the people are way more down to earth.

Yea, my boy I'm visiting moved from Detroit to Houston in 06, and he said basically what you said.