When in doubt, try to enlist the help of the president to find you an NFL team to play for...

Options
Young_Chitlin
Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
Tebow fans plea: Obama, please help Tebow join Jaguars

BY: SHAWNA O'REILLY

Tim Tebow is known for having an intensely loyal, very vocal and sometimes crazy fan base. Tebow's fans have issued a plea to the White House seeking help in getting their favorite quarterback on the Jacksonville Jaguars roster, reported UPI on May 5.

Tebow's fans started a petition on the "We the People" website to try and get Obama to help with their cause. Since being released from the New York Jets and becoming a free agent, Tebow's football future has been uncertain.

Some rumors had him considering the Canadian Football League; others had him in contact with the Miami Dolphins organization and still others had him pegged for the Jacksonville Jaguars. None of the rumors have yet to pan out; sources from the Dolphins and Jaguars have said that they are not actively pursuing Tebow. So Tebow's legions of fans are turning to social media to try and get their quarterback back into the game. While their attempt to garner attention from Obama was entertaining, it is unlikely to do any good. They will have to wait patiently to see where Tebow lands next.

Comments

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    he needs to go to Canada or just become an analyst.
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most of witch are rednecks that wouldn't vote for Obama with a gun to their head. Pun intended.

Foh.

• bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Jags general manager stated when he was hired he had no interest in Tebow.
    Fail.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He could always be a TE.
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's be real....

The jags aren't going to do ? but win 2 or 3 games like they always do.... I don't see how Giving tebow a shot would HURT....

He'll make you a top 5 popular / talked about team on EPSN, fill the seats... And get you some more games on TV....

What IDIOTIC owner wouldn't at least give him a run?
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didnt they want him last year, but he said he didnt want to go there he wanted the ny jets.

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ the "open petitions"

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitions

not send us to federal prison for growing Medical Marijuana.

(May #4 of 7) Allow Americans to vote "Yes" or "No" on WHITE GENOCIDE!

Life Over Fashion petition to stop killing and violence over sneakers, clothes & jewelry.

Dismiss all charges against Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and release him immediately and unconditionally

Join America and Australia to form Ameristralia

all of which will probably happen before tebow gets a job with the jaguars
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Didnt they want him last year, but he said he didnt want to go there he wanted the ny jets.

This is why he deserves to not be wanted. I said last year that he could easily take over Jacksonville with no threat of anyway taking his job. He could also get a nice contract for going 6-10. It would fill the seats and get media coverage,but he chose NY. he lucky that he did not start in NT because then the NY media would have ate him alive when they seen how garbage he was.
  • Livefromclayco
    Livefromclayco Members Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But new general manager David Caldwell nixed the idea of acquiring Tebow at his introductory news conference Thursday.

"I can't imagine a scenario in which he'll be a Jacksonville Jaguar -- even if he's released," Caldwell said.

Cracka just needs to hang it up. The fact that he couldn't beat out Mark Sanchez should tell people enough about his ability

• will grimey
    will grimey Members Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You know he sucks when teams won't even sign him to sell tickets...
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think if he switched to the TE position, then teams would want him. But b/c he's hell bent on playing QB, teams don't have any interest. I kinda feel bad for him tho. I hope a team does give him a shot, and he proves everybody wrong.

You can't fault him for the attention. The media is the cause. He didn't come in the NFL proclaiming its "Tebow time!" Or came up wit "Tebowing." The media did that.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What makes you guys think he could actually take someones TE Job? The NFL has alot of talent at that spot.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? can't play no damn TE.

He can't catch
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rofl @ Tim Tebow.

Couldn't have happened to a better guy...
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    he needs to go to Canada or just become an analyst.

they pass more than the NFL does....he's not gonna fit their...thus why no teams have offered him a contract

ESPN will probably put him on their new SEC coverage
  • Young Gunner
    Young Gunner Members Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    woah316 wrote: »
    Let's be real....

The jags aren't going to do ? but win 2 or 3 games like they always do.... I don't see how Giving tebow a shot would HURT....

He'll make you a top 5 popular / talked about team on EPSN, fill the seats... And get you some more games on TV....

When you have two good, young WR, what point would it make to sign a QB who can't throw well enough?
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's be real....

When you have two good, young WR, what point would it make to sign a QB who can't throw well enough?

common sense is strong with this one.....folks talkin about fillin seats and media coverage and what not....you know how you achieve that?....by getting better and becoming a contender....not becoming a sideshow....and Tebow isn't gonna make your QB situation better
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Iron Shiek own a NFL squad now?

Cool. Good to see a old school wrestler land on his feet.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Let's be real....

Says the team who has Blaine Gabbert starting....

C'mon bro. Tebow should've had that dude's job LAST SEASON had the Broncos not ? him over and just sent him to J-Ville like he wanted.
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its kind of crazy 3 years ago the media made Tim Tebow look like greatest thing since slice bread my how times have changed.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's be real....

Says the team who has [/b]Blaine Gabbert[/b] starting....

C'mon bro. Tebow should've had that dude's job LAST SEASON had the Broncos not ? him over and just sent him to J-Ville like he wanted.

he picked NY over the Jags