Is Floyd dodging Alvarez

Options
BlackxChild
BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2013 in From the Cheap Seats
After that post fight interview it seems like he might be dodging.... I believe Floyd can beat Manny but I actually think he'll lose to cinnamon

"I feel like I'm in a postition to take some time off, talk it over with Al Haymon, talk it over with my father, Leonard [Ellerbe] and the rest of my team, and see what we come up with. I'm not going to duck or dodge anyone but I'm at the pinnacle or my sport and I've earned my stripes. I worked hard for 17 years to get to this point. I'm not going to rush."

http://youtu.be/qqnF6Qq0BBU

Comments

• BlackxChild
    BlackxChild Members Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is 44-0 and you come in here asking if he is "scared"? FOH
    Wrong choice of words but he does seem to be dodging Alvarez... Not scared of the fighter but scared of not being undefeated.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    honestly i think it would be a good challenge but canelo has stamina issues and tends to take rds off to compete wit floyd u has to be in extreme shape physically and mentally what makes floyd great is he has a plan A-Z not just A-B...and also canelo comes in to tha ring fight night damn near a light heavy weight 170lbs floyd walks around at about 150 -155 tops so unless they put a weight clause in contract i dont see tha fight gettin made but iwanna see it
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd would wup Canelos ass..
    especially if the fight goes past the 5th round..

Floyd goes in the ring learning his opponents as the fight goes on..
    thats why in all of his fights, he gets better after round 4 or 5..

I think if Floyd started watching tapes of his opponent,
    he might actually get more knock outs..
  • bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This Mexican Ricky Hatton gonna get his ass whooped if he get in the ring with Money!!
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    why would he duck carrottop?

what has carrot done that would make floyd scared?

i have yet to see any fight he has/had that will make me think he has a remote chance at beating floyd.

you ? get too caught up in the hyping of a new fighter.

a real fan of boxing can turn down the sound an accurately judge a fight based on skill. not brawl or sound but skill.

canelo is not even showing hes a good fighter...he showing hes an ok fighter, but not good....floyd is what you consider elite. and if you slip in a good punch an rock him...he shifts gears into super elite because you embarrassed him.

as much as i hate broner...i see more skill and talent in him than i do canelo.

canelo is just an angry redhead that thinks he has some say in boxing because he cleans DLH toilets.

come talk this ? once he gets thru some of the gatekeepers. you need to pass them to get to the castle to come at the king
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    bgoat wrote: »
    This Mexican Ricky Hatton gonna get his ass whooped if he get in the ring with Money!!

Money Maywether knocked Hatton out already..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_juNg4i61g
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn iforgot my ? triple called canelo out as well as martinez
  • dc's teflondon
    dc's teflondon Members Posts: 5,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    bgoat wrote: »

Money Maywether knocked Hatton out already..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_juNg4i61g

look at the 30 second mark..money planned that knockout the entire round
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd gave a seasoned vet answer. didn't box himself in. Basically he saying we going to see what fight can make the most money then that's who we fighting. I don't think he's scared of anybody.

I like Canelo but he has little head movement and tends to tire out

only thing ? with Floyd is father time
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^^ Exactly. floyd's right hand stay on alvarez left side the whole fight
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »
    Is Canelo dodging GGG? He said he'd come down to 154 to fight him but we haven't heard ? or GBP say ? about that. They'd basically be the same size w/ Canelo even being a lil bigger than an actual MW b/c GGG was about 165 his last fight.

But he'd rather fight a ? that he has a 25lb weight advantage over. If Floyd tried that ? he'd be crucified but b/c ppl wanna see him lose so bad it's ok for bigger ? to call him out.

this
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Money would school this kid
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hell Canelo is almost the same size as Ward who around 174 after he hydrates. One writer on a website had an article questioning why Canelo isn't calling out Martinez, GGG, or Ward instead of Floyd when he's basically as big as those guys in fight night. Ppl we're saying Ward's to big for him but then say he's not too big for Floyd. But SMH @ expecting haters to make sense ur think logically.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    May weather is the biggest draw in boxing history ? just calling him out for the biggest pay day of their career..at this point ? should feel honored for Money to mention their names..,,,btw there is a thread where this has already been discussed
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    how the ? does floyd duck canelo?

floyd's the person who's in the driver seat..canelo hasn't even been relevant long enough to claim he's being ducked by anyone.....

but besides all that... the fight is very possible... both are with golden boy....and it's just a matter of whether they wanna build canelo up some more or not......

he didn't beat trout in a manner that really impressed many....and oscar was counting no that being a devastating fight.....

canelo's good, but i itnhk he needs one more action fight to build that allure of being "the one"
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd just fought how is he duckin Saul after 2 days lol..
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This that ? I be talking about. Boxing/fighters in general can't win. He's already come from lightweight to 154 and took a belt before, but now he's supposed to fight a dude that's damn near a light heavyweight?

Appreciate what he's doing at his weight without trying to do these Fight Night RD1/Punch-Out Dream Matches where people have 40 pound weight advantages.
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yes...floyd is point fighter, he's the boxing equivalent of GSP

floyd gets praise about how skillful he is by the negros but then they turn around and bash gsp and call him "boring"

canelo by tko 9th round
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No one cares bout UFC....
  • Chef_Taylor
    Chef_Taylor Members Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Canelo overrated.....they go gas him up to fight floyd and if they do alverez will get beat just like the 44 before him.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    Floyd gave a seasoned vet answer. didn't box himself in. Basically he saying we going to see what fight can make the most money then that's who we fighting. I don't think he's scared of anybody.

I like Canelo but he has little head movement and tends to tire out

only thing ? with Floyd is father time

i think a ? in the boxing forum said he had decent head movement....as you know that ? was a casual fan
  • 2stepz_ahead
    Options
    Money would school this kid

but then ppl will say he was skilled enough an floyd picking on the under developed.

honestly....i said it before an ill say it again...i would not be surprised if floyd purposely lost to canelo to set up a trilogy to make all the money he can before he cashes out.

hat ? would make tons of fukking money.

an manny mad back at the Philippines with jinky
This discussion has been closed.