Stephan Curry top 3 PG?

Options
Neophyte Wolfgang
Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
If he stays injury free and keeps playing like this can he be a top 3 PG? I would put him above the overrated Deron Williams

Comments

• woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Best PG..... Sorry...

2nd best 3pt % of ALL TIME behind steve kerr (but steve kerr was a spot up shooter, he can shoot off the dribble)

Steph shoots better than Durant and has handles / dribble / heart like westbrook... He's Durant and westbrook rolled into one...

He will be the best player in the NBA in a few years... Get some veteran pieces around him, he'll win a title...

You put Curry on the bulls RIGHT NOW in place of say, Nate Robinson, the bulls win the title... lol.....

Anyone that knows basketball would know thats a fact..... Curry >>> Rose, or any other PG...
  • woah316
    Options
    I'm just calling it like it is from now on.... No more politically correct....

Thibs is the best coach in the NBA, hands down...

Curry is the best PG...

Who is better?

His shooting >>>>>>> Rose, Westbrook, CP3

He has the heart.... So why should I sit here and pretend like he needs to "wait his turn", or like I should pretend someone else is better? He's in 2nd round of playoffs, CP3 isn't.... (with less help at that)

Close Thread
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Woah goes a little overboard, but he is on point though. Curry is a excellent shooter, excellent ball handler, great passer, not the best but no slouch on D. Top 3 at worst.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    No. His handle is shaky for a PG as is his defense IMO. And I mean real handle, not that crossover highlight ? .

I'd take Westbrook, Chris Paul, Kyrie, Tony Parker, Rondo over him. Maybe Deron Williams, but dude done fell a notch or two.
  • Neophyte Wolfgang
    Neophyte Wolfgang Members Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think he is already better then Deron. He is the best pure shooting PG RIGHT NOW
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options
    Him or Kyrie.
  • WiseGuyy
    WiseGuyy Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Isn't this already a thread? Swear im having deja vu loll
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not convinced that his saltine ? ankles can hold up for long periods of time ...but when he can get out there, there's no dought he's as lethal as it gets. He gets hot enough to burn the other team's soul during the game. He's really a reggie miller type 2 guard stuck in a point guard body.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    Options
    He reminds me of Gilbert Arenas.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His shot isba little more natural than Arenas and I think Gil in his prime was quicker goin to the hole but bin terms of explosiveness of getting points in bunches, if you mean it that way then I agree
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MrWise wrote: »
    Isn't this already a thread? Swear im having deja vu loll

It is cuz this ? gaypee is woat at making threads
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His ankles>>>>him
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1,Cp3
    2.Westbrook
    3.Parker
    4.Curry
    5.Kyrie

don't know how Rose is going to look when he comes back
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    CP3
    Westbrook
    Rondo
    Williams
    Curry
    Parker

Honorable Mention- Wall
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Steph's handle is tight up there with Kyrie CP3 and D
    Will.

He is playing good all around ball last night 45 and 10 and 5 vs the Spurs.

Westbrook Kyrie Curry run this point guard ? early. CP3 Rose and D. Will might get swallowed if they don't dominate next year.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie's a bit overrated to me, he doesn't play ANY defense or make his team better. When Wall came back, the Wizards became a 7-8th seed caliber team.
  • woah316
    Options
    Woah goes a little overboard, but he is on point though. Curry is a excellent shooter, excellent ball handler, great passer, not the best but no slouch on D. Top 3 at worst.

This is my problem.... Not calling you out, but in general, people are hesitant to just call it what it is....

"curry is an excellent shooter"

No, he isn't an excellent shooter...... Hes the best shooter in NBA History....

To have a 3 point shot better than guys like Novak, Mark Price, Reggie miller... You know, people who have to go off screens and ? like that to get their shot... And to be able to do it OFF THE DRIBLLE IN YOUR SLEEP, he's the greatest shooter of all time.... You just have to call it how it is.

Many people said CP3 was the best point guard... So if he's sitting on the couch after getting bounced by a 5 seed and he was the 4th seed, yet curry lead his team past the 3 seed in spectacular fashion, what does that make curry?... 5th best?

It's almost not fair really....

Lets compare point guards:

Rondo vs Curry = Seriously... I love Rondo... But you have the best shooting PG of all time vs the Worst shooting PG of all time... No contest... Sorry Rondo...

Rose vs Curry = Curry obviously has more heart.... Better shooter... Just as good a passer... And rose hasn't played in a year.... Curry >> Rose

Westbrook Vs Curry = Again, Curry far better shooter... equal passer.... Almost as much heart, but without the hot head.... plus Curry isn't playing with Kevin durant to take attention off him... Curry >> Westbrook

Parker Vs Curry = How can you confidently say Parker is better than curry (especially after last night)? I cant...

When you look at him 1 vs 1 vs all the PGs, instead of just going off name recognition, he's cleary the best PG in the NBA... he can get 10+ assists and go off for 40... Open up the floor for his teammates with his shooting ability... If CP3 could take over a game like curry, he'd still be in the playoffs... He doesn't have that ability...
  • woah316
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Career 3 point shooting %

Larry Bird - .3758
    Reggie Miller - .3947
    Ray Allen - .4013
    Mark Price - .4020
    Steve Novak - .4328
    Tim Legler - .4312
    Kevin Durant - .3733

Stephen Curry .4463

=========

Let me guess... Larry bird better 3 point shooter than Curry right? (just ? of his name and reputation)... Lets talk fact
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    woah neva fails wit his ridiculous statements lmao
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He reminds me of Gilbert Arenas.

u said dis in da NBA thread yesterday i gotta disagree, Steph is a more willin passer nd a betta shooter then Arenas was
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn coop broke em down like the district attorney.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You cant rate him as a PG to do him justice.

What i mean is: Deron Williams is a better PURE pg, but w/out the right pieces around him it really doesnt mean ?

Steph tho? Nah I am now a believer. He is the fuking truth. Too quick, too natural a shooter, and his handles?!!?1/ On the low he has And 1 handles.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    1,Cp3
    2.Westbrook
    3.Parker
    4.Curry

5.Kyrie

don't know how Rose is going to look when he comes back

Ngga....what game did YOU watch last night.

44 and 11??!?

44 and 11?!?!!?

44 and 11!?!?!?
This discussion has been closed.