The Official Battle Thread 2k13 (every single battle, every single day)

Options

Comments

• MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    CoolJoe wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    while i enjoyed this battle i really wish the overall rap battling game will evolve. these ? went from freestyle only which was so so to part freestyle part written. but now its 100% written with rebuttles that are few and far between.

I like how ? come first round predicting what a ? will say or come doing research and bring up some ill ? . but it would be allot more entertaining if ? mid battle responded to lines mentioned.

Writtens>>>>>>>>>>>Freestyling
    I like a rebuttal or two, but the best rhymes come from writtens and it's not even close.
    You're not about to get schemes and ill ass punchlines from dudes thinking off the top.

the reason writtens are better than freestyling is because the sport is not evolving enough to have a few sharp rebuttles more often. I just hope that the art gets to a point where ? can have 3 rounds of ? but interject more rebuttles here and there.

and while every rapper talks about clapping the uzi and gripping the toolie i think being able to talk about other ? like you can talk about shooting up a ? would help the art as well. Some of these clever gun talk lines are dope but i wanna hear ? outside the guns or stealing your ? that is dope as ? as well.
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    while i enjoyed this battle i really wish the overall rap battling game will evolve. these ? went from freestyle only which was so so to part freestyle part written. but now its 100% written with rebuttles that are few and far between.

I like how ? come first round predicting what a ? will say or come doing research and bring up some ill ? . but it would be allot more entertaining if ? mid battle responded to lines mentioned.

I like a rebuttal or two, but the best rhymes come from writtens and it's not even close.
    You're not about to get schemes and ill ass punchlines from dudes thinking off the top.

the reason writtens are better than freestyling is because the sport is not evolving enough to have a few sharp rebuttles more often. I just hope that the art gets to a point where ? can have 3 rounds of ? but interject more rebuttles here and there.

and while every rapper talks about clapping the uzi and gripping the toolie i think being able to talk about other ? like you can talk about shooting up a ? would help the art as well. Some of these clever gun talk lines are dope but i wanna hear ? outside the guns or stealing your ? that is dope as ? as well.

Word, I can agree with that.
    I like personal ? , mixed with some aggressive gun talk ? .
    It just has to be dope for me in a battle stance, that's all, ? doesn't even have to be gun talk.
    Loaded Lux put on one of the best performances ever with little gun talk ever, and I loved it.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options

Word, I can agree with that.
    I like personal ? , mixed with some aggressive gun talk ? .
    It just has to be dope for me in a battle stance, that's all, ? doesn't even have to be gun talk.
    Loaded Lux put on one of the best performances ever with little gun talk ever, and I loved it.

yeah i mean overall orginized battle rapping is in its early stages still despite the battling artform being around for about 2 generations the level where you can watch leagues battle online and get quality viewings is still young and it will continue to improve.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Just watched it again, and I still agree with my original statement , i think con won 2-1... I still think Surf had the best round of the battle (his 2nd) , but Con´s 2nd round was crazyyyyyyyyy. Alot of Con´s bars were going over ? head , like that military scheme ..... Good battle tho..
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Con 2-1...but Surf did his thing especially round 2. I'm tight his 3rd round was so short.
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey minizzle

If u don't like written raps, where battle ? spit about gun claps, drug traps, and money stacks

Then lil ? stop watching smack
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    ¨I wanna help u grow, not grow like how u been growin¨ lmaooooo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kou1BmbGlc
  • almighty breeze
    almighty breeze Members Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Con won this easily. He didnt even get bodied the 2nd round. Surfs round was just great. Bodied would involve having a mediocre to bad round while your opponent completely dismantles you. If you both get at each other just his ? was better thats a part of the game

Conceited's image & style make it seem like doesnt have bars & isnt deep or that he needs to "perform" and over exaggerate to the point of foolishness (Mook, Rex) to win the crowd over but his schemes & lines are actually very clever
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Battle was meh
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why this ? surf always short w his verses? He still won tho
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo Con didnt say one memorable bar
  • A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »

That quadruple slow it down in the third...Classic.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A1000MILES wrote: »

That quadruple slow it down in the third...Classic.

Yo... con stole that ? . I posted the original in another thread
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    Word?...Who it come from?
  • Trollio
    Options
    Where u think blackheart Adonis stole some of his ? from?

Conceited and jc

Now shut the ? up
  • Trollio
    Options
    Con's face expressions during his bars=hilarious
  • $tayRichROLLIN
    $tayRichROLLIN Members Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tsu hit that nicca with the second round ko. but con didnt have any quoteables. and con stayed on the jokes too damn long
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    Options
    The Hacker wrote: »
    Hey minizzle

If u don't like written raps, where battle ? spit about gun claps, drug traps, and money stacks

Then lil ? stop watching smack

ive seen the recent new york crime rate reports and gun laws these ? not clapping guns the size of sean bradley b

the only ? ? be doin in new york is robbing i phones and i pods so these ? on some ghost tales when 90% of they raps about gun clapping.
  • mike_tech
    mike_tech Members Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    Options

Do you really think you would enjoy a battle rap as much as you did this one if it were all freestyles
    So what ? aint freestyling no more or its all writtens, written bars are way more clever and well thought of and makes for a better battle, who cares if your whole ? is written. if you can freestyle a crazy bar or even a whole battle good for you, but if you cant then write your ? and make it come out dope. And as for responding inbetween bars you must not watch a lot of battle cuz there are battle rappers out there who do that.
  • thedesolateone
    thedesolateone Members Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    Options
    hollow the boss cant goofftop with the best of them on that note
  • A1000MILES
    Options
    Surf rebutted at the beginning of his rounds in this battle...
  • KNiGHTS
    KNiGHTS Members Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Maybe it's me, but I pretty much sleep walked through Con's ? . The Crip jokes and name flips were cool for a minute, but he rode that ? into the ground.
  • UrbanScribe
    UrbanScribe Members Posts: 394 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Conceited took this one but that chch line was crazy by Surf...
This discussion has been closed.