2013 NBA Draft/Lottery Thread

Options
af.r.i.c.a.
af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
Lottery is Tuesday May 21st. Sterns you owe us!! Tho for some reason i see Seacramento getting gifted Noel

Comments

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1. Orlando Magic - Nerlens Noel
    2. Cleveland Cavaliers - Otto Porter
    3. Sacramento Kings - Anthony Bennett
    4. Charlotte Bobcats - Otto Porter
    5. Detroit Pistons - Shabazz Muhammad
    6. Phoenix Suns - Victor Oladipo
    7. New Orleans Pelicans - Trey Burke
    8. Minnesota Timberwolves - C.J. McCollum
    9. Philadelphia 76ers - ?
    10. Washington Wizards - ?
    11. Oklahoma City Thunder - ?
    12. Portland Trail Blazers - ?
    13. Dallas Mavericks - Kentavious Caldwell-Pope or Alex ?
    14. Milwaukee Bucks - ?
    15. Utah Jazz - Michael Carter-Williams
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lottery is Tuesday May 21st. Sterns you owe us!! Tho for some reason i see Seacramento getting gifted Noel

You should just tank again and try to get Wiggins in 2014 cause this draft class is weak as ?
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dog. its bad enough if we somehow end up picking 4th. but if we get Otto Porter with that pick, then ? i don't even know. he's like our last top pick, MKG, except with an offensive game. so we'll see. I'd rather have a true SG if they let Henderson walk. Dude from Kansas or Shabazz, he's just gonna have to lose his freshman 15. But we need an offensive minded C/PF not named Byron Mullins. and i feel bad for whoever takes Noel. He won't be a bust but he wont warrant a first overall pick
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So we're the only team in the playoffs with a lotto pick? Coo.

I think our pick will be higher than 11 tho.

Nikkas better pray for Meniscus tears next year....
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options

You should just tank again and try to get Wiggins in 2014 cause this draft class is weak as ?

Yea i was listening to bill simmons talk about how the team that drafts Noel is going to be without him for half of the regular season so its sort of like your tanking but still getting the best player in both drafts. Wiggins is nice but that draft class is deep with talent. Kentucky might go undefeated next year lol especially if they land wiggins
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Matt- wrote: »
    dog. its bad enough if we somehow end up picking 4th. but if we get Otto Porter with that pick, then ? i don't even know. he's like our last top pick, MKG, except with an offensive game. so we'll see. I'd rather have a true SG if they let Henderson walk. Dude from Kansas or Shabazz, he's just gonna have to lose his freshman 15. But we need an offensive minded C/PF not named Byron Mullins. and i feel bad for whoever takes Noel. He won't be a bust but he wont warrant a first overall pick

Mclemore is a perfect fit for the your team. Dude doesn't need the ball to be effective and seemed to disappear in the big moments but you have kemba for that.
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options

Is that pick due to the Harden trade ?
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    I honestly thought the '09 Draft was weak leading up to it. And I wasn't the only one. ? changes when the games start. *shrug*
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    number 11, we stay winning
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    I honestly thought the '09 Draft was weak leading up to it. And I wasn't the only one. ? changes when the games start. *shrug*

i think this draft is going to be similar to the 09 draft in that exact way. People can ? on this draft all they want but i like a lot of these prospects. Watch the Spurs trade 2 second round picks for Shabazz smh
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I hated the Harden pick. And I still do. Still think we should've worked something out to move up to #1 and get Blake.
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My sources tell me that the Suns are gonna win the lottery.
  • mr.jamrock
    mr.jamrock Members Posts: 435 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I wont front im a magic fan and I wouldnt be mad if we gave away our pick, weak ass draft class
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Noel game is ? weak.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Watch Stern give the number 1 pick to Sacramento.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jamaica wrote: »
    Watch Stern give the number 1 pick to Sacramento.

you mean seattle
  • greenwood1921
    edited May 2013
    Options

Is that pick due to the Harden trade ?

Yup.

Chess, not checkers.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whoever drafts noel in the first 5 picks is really gonna regret it
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Whoever drafts noel in the first 5 picks is really gonna regret it

depends on what they're looking for. I think he can be a superior deandre jordan best case scenario. Worst case? Probably a more athletic thabeet lol. Besides Mclemore, Noel, and Oladipo I'm not really high on any of these players
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Noel to Philly could ONLY work if we got Big Al Jefferson in the offseason to cover him offensively. They could be a legit Z-Bo/Gasol-like combo in the East.

Outside of this, if the Sixers draft another tweeter/shooter in the first round, I'm buying a Brook Lopez jersey and cutting my ? losses. ? is a waste, and they know....and they keep doing it.
  • greenwood1921
    Options
    We're in the best position in the lottery obviously. Cause we're the only team that won't *need* our pick to "save" us. In fact, if our pick is actually good, the league will have to break us up.

I want a Big, but Home-Depot will do fine too.

Contrary to dumb-? belief, we DO NOT need another guard. Definitely not with this pick. Our weakness the last 3 years has been our bigs and that's obvious for anybody that knows b-ball.

We get a decent Big that can consistently drop like 15 and 8 to go along with Collie and Ibaka, it's a problem.

I also got the feeling we might use it as trade bait too. If we don't make it to the WCF or Finals, I think Presti will do a blockbuster with those 2 first round picks and a player.
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Noel to Philly could ONLY work if we got Big Al Jefferson in the offseason to cover him offensively. They could be a legit Z-Bo/Gasol-like combo in the East.

Outside of this, if the Sixers draft another tweeter/shooter in the first round, I'm buying a Brook Lopez jersey and cutting my ? losses. ? is a waste, and they know....and they keep doing it.

Lol hell no. Noel too weak offensively and Jefferson too weak defensively for that to be possible
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol hell no. Noel too weak offensively and Jefferson too weak defensively for that to be possible

i was gonna type this until i seen someone else already posted it lol
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Noel is terrible he shouldn't go no 1....
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Noel game is ? weak.

he's only 18 bruh. At the very worst he's going to be theo rattlif but he can easily be the next Mutumbo