Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    New Avengers first.
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    poor Black Bolt..its going to be a shame when Thanos no sales the scream and commence to beating the brakes off of him
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    poor Black Bolt..its going to be a shame when Thanos no sales the scream and commence to beating the brakes off of him

You think he will completely tank it?
  • jaxn
    Options

Yeah I have a feeling his clothes will be ripped to shreds but then he'll just look up and give that infamous smile of his and completely dominate BB. I hope that isn't the case since BB doesn't normally unleash like this. The only person who has survived an outright scream like that was Vulcan, but he "died" in the process and his powerset allowed him to come back. Apoc had a nice showing against the scream as well
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Vulcan is a ? worthless written character...I doubt he will tank it...but someone post a link when its available!
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Yeah I have a feeling his clothes will be ripped to shreds but then he'll just look up and give that infamous smile of his and completely dominate BB. I hope that isn't the case since BB doesn't normally unleash like this. The only person who has survived an outright scream like that was Vulcan, but he "died" in the process and his powerset allowed him to come back. Apoc had a nice showing against the scream as well

When did Apoc have a nice showing against it. He got destroyed by a whisper in House of M.

And I don't know about No Selling it, but Thanos will probably take it. After all he's taken blasts from Odin and Galactus and gotten up.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn Thanos smashed Black Dwarf lol

Who is Ebony Maw to be able to control and manipulate Doctor Strange like that?
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    lol Starbrand flexed on the Builders
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    lol Starbrand flexed on the Builders

Like I said before, Starbrand is only beginning to learn the extent of his powers. When he masters them, he's gonna be a serious problem in the Marvel universe.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Thanos will tank that scream lol

Im sure Thanos new what he was up against when he went there

Avengers #20 drops in a few days so we get to see what happens next

Judging from the cover Thor lets loose in Infinity #4.

I wanna see Thanos vs Starbrand and the other heavy hitters on the team
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    no one read the 2nd Silver Surfer issue? didnt it come with Inifinity 3?
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    Marvel hasn't the boy Thor let loose in a MINUTE!!! It's about time he gets busy! Starbrand is dope as hell but Thanos would mud stomp Starbrand even at its peak.

I don't think Bolt will win, but Thanos will feel that Scream for sure!
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if Thanos was prepared for the scream anyway. I really doubt Thanos would go for a face 2 face without acknowledging the possibility that this would happen. He probably went there with some kinda device that reflected the energy back at Black Bolt.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if Thanos was prepared for the scream anyway. I really doubt Thanos would go for a face 2 face without acknowledging the possibility that this would happen. He probably went there with some kinda device that reflected the energy back at Black Bolt.

this, but Im not sure if Thanos can deal with Starbrand, I wouldnt doubt it with prep time
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    If all the heavy hitters took on Thanos I dont think he could stand up to them, Thor,Hulk,Blue Marvel,Starbrand,Hyperion,Monica Rambeu/Captain Marvel,Wonder Man,Black Bolt etc

Thats why hes invading while most of them are in space
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if Thanos was prepared for there's scream anyway. I really doubt Thanos would go for a face 2 face without acknowledging the possibility that this would happen. He probably went there with some kinda device that reflected the energy back at Black Bolt.

this, but Im not sure if Thanos can deal with Starbrand, I wouldnt doubt it with prep time

You talking one on one? I think you may be overselling starbrand if you think it can solo Thanos.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if Thanos was prepared for there's scream anyway. I really doubt Thanos would go for a face 2 face without acknowledging the possibility that this would happen. He probably went there with some kinda device that reflected the energy back at Black Bolt.

You talking one on one? I think you may be overselling starbrand if you think it can solo Thanos.

its been described as Infinite power, he bodied Thor and Hulk/(Hyperion too?) with ease so I can see him being a problem for Thanos

Even though Thanos handles Hulk and Thor with ease too
  • evoljeanyes
    Options

its been described as Infinite power, he bodied Thor and Hulk/(Hyperion too?) with ease so I can see him being a problem for Thanos

Even though Thanos handles Hulk and Thor with ease too

Ii feel you, but that infinite power thing is hyperbole...and even the highest showing of Starbrand would be Surfer level tops. And we know how he fairs with Thanos
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Starbrand and Surfer both in Infinty have been shown against the Builders and StarBrand>>>> Surfers showing so far against them

not to mention Starbrand bodied Thor and Hulk effortlessly
  • jaxn
    Options

When did Apoc have a nice showing against it. He got destroyed by a whisper in House of M.

And I don't know about No Selling it, but Thanos will probably take it. After all he's taken blasts from Odin and Galactus and gotten up.

the Apoc instance occurred many years ago, way before HoM. During the claremount days iirc. This is when Marvel actually had respect for Apoc
  • jaxn
    Options

nah, the Starbrand is far more powerful than Thanos
  • jaxn
    Options
    If all the heavy hitters took on Thanos I dont think he could stand up to them, Thor,Hulk,Blue Marvel,Starbrand,Hyperion,Monica Rambeu/Captain Marvel,Wonder Man,Black Bolt etc

I can only see Starbrand and Captain Universe giving him problems. The rest he'd be able to handle
  • Bcotton5
    Options

I can only see Starbrand and Captain Universe giving him problems. The rest he'd be able to handle

at the same time?
  • jaxn
    Options
    for a fight with the likes of those guys I'd imagine he would come to the fight prepared with his shielding. It also depends on how Marvel will portray these guys physically..Most of the guys on that list can be taken out by a blast or a punch from him. BM, Hyperion, Thor and Hulk are the ones who'll put up the best fight..If they continue to play Thor up as an idiot brute with lightning attacks, I can see him being taken out casually. BM hasn't seen any shine since his fight with Sentry so they'll most likely tone his power level down as well. Hyperion is another unknown. I assume this Hyp is more powerful than other versions we've seen thus far..I want to say the team wins if they're all just transported somewhere and had to fight but Thanos is a tough ? though. He's usually eight steps ahead of his opponents. His durability is even greater than his power and that's were the heroes will have a problem..We'll see how he takes this all out scream from BB. This will determine how Thanos' will be portrayed for the remainder of the series.
  • jaxn
    Options
    I haven't been this excited about a Marvel arc since the first Annihilation, so hopefully everyone gets good showings..heroes and villians. I hope Thanos' generals stay around after this event. Marvel tends to introduce characters and then place them in limbo afterwards