Is Vince McMahon Racist?

Options

Comments

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Mark before "This is what i do" wasnt really WWE Champ material son was boring really.

Booker is the only one i couldve seen as the WWE champ on that list and when u look at it u had to many bigger names in WWE when Booker was at his prime plus he was a WCW guy.

everyone else on that list isnt WWE Champ material imo just like i said in that other thread not everybody is cut to be WWE Champ
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course he racist. You see how Jack Swaggers gimmick all of a sudden changed him to somebody who hates Messicans. ? was scust to me.
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    When it comes to Black wrestlers, Vince loves to either team them up together or put them against each other
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MVP
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    r-truth_display_image.jpg

Anyone remember that ECW segment back in 06 when VinceMcMahon had that segment with Elijah Burke saying he wish he could have a song like him?

I dont think he's "super-racist" at all... he just knows what sells.. but there is a rumor saying he didnt want Junkyard Dog to be champ due to him being black even tho Hulk Hogan was all for it and willing to drop the title to him... so if he is racist he's a s racist as the average white person who doesn't say they are but don't even consciously know that they are.

Someday soon there will be a black man with the size look ability and mic skills to be The Rock. I just know there is black talent out there. Look at every other major sport minus hockey, a black man is always on top no matter how many other ethnicities are in the sport.... MMA, Golf, Tennis, etc.

MVP shoulda had a chance imo, but needed a better finisher.

Shelton didnt need mic skills to be a champ but to be fair a white version of him called John Morrison didnt get a title either and Morrison was a bit better especially during his tag team run.

I wont even count that fake ECW title runs ? . Only time I seen so many minorities win a meaningless ? belt.

Monty Brown was the closest thing we had to the perfect package and he left during his prime or just b4 it.

so he's an accidental racist?!?
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lmfao dis is wat i mentioned earlier i forgot da name of da group ? was brutal
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Booker T (was WHC)
    i may be wrong but i dont think the black wwe fanbase is as big as the mexican and white fanbase
    that could be why vince is afraid to take a risk
    also i dont think whoever was made a star in wcw ended up being wwe champion when he joined the company. thats what kept booker from being champion.

at the same time, not every wrestler that held the wwe title was as big ass cena, rock, austin, hogan, hbk, etc. little kids dont have to look up to the champion as a super hero. they could either think he's a cool guy or hate him based on his actions. those white kids/adults loved kofi/booker and hated MVP/mark henry. if they're good at what they do,whether entertaining the crowd or drawing major heat, why not take a shot and give them the belt?
  • TheBossman
    Options
    MVP
    i may be wrong but i dont think the black wwe fanbase is as big as the mexican and white fanbase
    also i dont think whoever was made a star in wcw ended up being wwe champion when he joined the company. thats what kept booker from being champion.

at the same time, not every wrestler that held the wwe title was as big ass cena, rock, austin, hogan, hbk, etc. little kids dont have to look up to the champion as a super hero. they could either think he's a cool guy or hate him based on his actions. those white kids/adults loved kofi/booker and hated MVP/mark henry. if they're good at what they do,whether entertaining the crowd or drawing major heat, why not take a shot and give them the belt?

eddie was wwe champ, jericho,sid(was in wcw in early 90's and known), and you could make a case for austin.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mark Henry (was WHC)
    waterproof wrote: »
    Yes Vince is racist because he does racist ass ? ....KO KO B WARE, SAPHRIE, VIRGIL AND ALL TYPES OF ? ....

BAD NEWS BROWN, JUNK YARD DOG was suppose to get the WWF title, But vince ? over BNB and instead of the WWF giving JYD the titke Vince made JYD the King of the Ring, Butch Reed should of aleast got the IC title and Ron Simmons should of got a title shot...

But Vince like ? BUFF ? some creepy ? but it's true, Ahmad Johnson was on his way of getting the WWF HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE, Vince was about to put the title on him but his injuries cost him the belt, Johnson was always injured and had weight issues and BOBBY LASHLEY was about to be the first BLACK WWE Heavyweight Champion but lashley left.

Don't be surprised if you see BIG E LANGSTON be the first BLACK not mixed WWE champion there's talk that Vince got plans for BIG E

Ok...Butch Reed was scheduled to win the IC Title from Ricky Steamboat but either he missed the taping or couldn't make the taping so Vince was forced to put the belt on ? Tonk Man instead.

Ron Simmons got a shot at the WWF Championship in '97 at one of those IYH PPV's when Undertaker was on his 2nd run as champion. Ahmed interfered in that match and turned on Taker. Undertaker still walked out as champ.
  • willhustle
    Options
    Mark Henry (was WHC)
    VIBE wrote: »
    wtf happened to Ezekiel Jackson? I forgot all about him until I seem the poll.

Dude stays injured and with the way WWE's roster pool is both development and main if you get injured it's hard to come back to the main roster unless you are a main event star or deep in the mid-card scene in WWE. When it's a jobber or low mid-card guy coming back from injury they have to think about the guys already on WWE TV weekly and then try to develop a storyline to bring superstars back into the fold. If creative or Vince, can't come up with anything then they remain on the back burner or worse case scenario released.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Mark Henry (was WHC)
    jono wrote: »
    Nah, I think he doesn't have black champions for the same reason there aren't any big time black superheroes, simply put: little white kids can't live vicariously through them.

That's the biggest plus on the side of Cena right now, a small white boy sees Cena as a superhero (to be honest kids of all races do) and can live vicariously through him but that feeling might not be the same for a black wrestler.

? are already talking about the coulda-beens and there's always something the "coulda-been" did wrong. I don't see things that way, I see it as Vince not wanting to take the chance. The only guys that shot themselves in the foot was maybe Lashley (by quitting) and Ahmed Johnson (repeated injuries), everyone else deserves at least a SHOT.

Think about that for a second, blacks rarely even get title MATCHES, let alone win the strap. I guess I'm gonna have to change my vote to Yes now lol. I just thought about that.

So white kids can't live through black wrestlers, but black kids can live through white wrestlers? That ? doesn't make sense. Plus kids are color blind; they only care about the personality and the persona.

I was speaking with some kids (obviously black) at the barbershop about 5 months ago about wrestling, and they hated R-Truth, but loved Cena.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Booker T (was WHC)
    TheBossman wrote: »

eddie was wwe champ, jericho,sid(was in wcw in early 90's and known), and you could make a case for austin.

shoulda rephrased. thats my fault
    i meant stars who were extremely over with the crowd, main event status etc.
    austin wasnt a star. eddie wasnt a star. jericho? popular but not a star
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vince has typical white, racist tendencies. Black wrestlers only get the WHC but that's the secondary title. Only the WWE title matters. He's uncreative and stereotypical towards everyone not white. Think about Mexicans (Mexicools, Guerreros, Colons, Tito Santana), Middle Easterns (Tiger Ali-Singh, Great Khali, Jinder Mahal, Muhammad Hassan), Blacks (Cryme Tyme, Men on a Mission, Nation of ? , Kofi Kingston)...? , look at Sheamus. Kerwin White was a ? joke.

All he has is stereotypes that he drives home. Cryme Tyme should've had a tag title run and shouldn't have been jokes. And he's a clown for going the insurgent route with Hassan. Kofi Kingston is getting held back, clearly. He has everything needed.

Elijah Burke was ASS in the ring. I dare you ? to watch a full Pope match and be happy about it later. He had the look and mic skills (that digressed...slow ass talking mufucka). I won't even get started on that Booker T/WM18 ? . Vince is a ? for Shawn Michaels and Triple H. Those two are responsible for some of the worst booking decisions ever.

I don't like Vince, clearly. He's not a genius, just a shrewd businessman. Made billions off Paul Heyman's swag then hired that mufucka. SMH.
  • willhustle
    Options
    Mark Henry (was WHC)
    FlightKing wrote: »
    Vince has typical white, racist tendencies. Black wrestlers only get the WHC but that's the secondary title. Only the WWE title matters. He's uncreative and stereotypical towards everyone not white. Think about Mexicans (Mexicools, Guerreros, Colons, Tito Santana), Middle Easterns (Tiger Ali-Singh, Great Khali, Jinder Mahal, Muhammad Hassan), Blacks (Cryme Tyme, Men on a Mission, Nation of ? , Kofi Kingston)...? , look at Sheamus. Kerwin White was a ? joke.

All he has is stereotypes that he drives home. Cryme Tyme should've had a tag title run and shouldn't have been jokes. And he's a clown for going the insurgent route with Hassan. Kofi Kingston is getting held back, clearly. He has everything needed.

Elijah Burke was ASS in the ring. I dare you ? to watch a full Pope match and be happy about it later. He had the look and mic skills (that digressed...slow ass talking mufucka). I won't even get started on that Booker T/WM18 ? . Vince is a ? for Shawn Michaels and Triple H. Those two are responsible for some of the worst booking decisions ever.

I don't like Vince, clearly. He's not a genius, just a shrewd businessman. Made billions off Paul Heyman's swag then hired that mufucka. SMH.

Yeah he missed the boat with Cryme Tyme something badly. I remember when Deuce & Domino were tag team champs on Smackdown at the time and they stole their ride then in there those should have been the seeds to plant a feud with Deuce & Domino for the belts.

Kofi just needs either a tweak in his gimmick or a gimmick change (at this point gimmick change would be best). When he was headed for main event status back in '09-10 Randy Orton stopped his ? b/c he got mad during the match when Kofi ? up the finish of a match they had on Raw. Idk why they let Randy talked them into stopping his push.
  • Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Vince may or may not not be racist, but wrestling has always been about exaggerating stereotypes of different groups.

01.jpg

09.jpg

Nikolai+Volkoff.jpg

wild_samoans_3.jpg

Tatanka.jpg

200px-Finlay_and_his_son.jpg

tumblr_mdwzdtoZWO1rlyfnto1_400.jpg

tumblr_mg13fuN3QR1ql0k28o1_400.jpg

ironsheik_508.jpg
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah, I think he doesn't have black champions for the same reason there aren't any big time black superheroes, simply put: little white kids can't live vicariously through them.

That's the biggest plus on the side of Cena right now, a small white boy sees Cena as a superhero (to be honest kids of all races do) and can live vicariously through him but that feeling might not be the same for a black wrestler.

? are already talking about the coulda-beens and there's always something the "coulda-been" did wrong. I don't see things that way, I see it as Vince not wanting to take the chance. The only guys that shot themselves in the foot was maybe Lashley (by quitting) and Ahmed Johnson (repeated injuries), everyone else deserves at least a SHOT.

Think about that for a second, blacks rarely even get title MATCHES, let alone win the strap. I guess I'm gonna have to change my vote to Yes now lol. I just thought about that.

So white kids can't live through black wrestlers, but black kids can live through white wrestlers? That ? doesn't make sense. Plus kids are color blind; they only care about the personality and the persona.

I was speaking with some kids (obviously black) at the barbershop about 5 months ago about wrestling, and they hated R-Truth, but loved Cena.

Black kids are...let's not take this word literally but conditioned to accept white superheroism. All the "cool" heroes are white anyway...haven't you noticed? Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, Hulk Hogan etc. There never has been a huge undertaking to make a black equivalent of either of them.

Your argument that kids are color-blind has been proven wrong decades ago. The study with the Black girls with white dolls proved that. Blacks are just used to white heroes and role models, that's just how it is.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Mark Henry (was WHC)

Black kids are...let's not take this word literally but conditioned to accept white superheroism. All the "cool" heroes are white anyway...haven't you noticed? Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, Hulk Hogan etc. There never has been a huge undertaking to make a black equivalent of either of them.

Your argument that kids are color-blind has been proven wrong decades ago. The study with the Black girls with white dolls proved that. Blacks are just used to white heroes and role models, that's just how it is.

? (!!!) you think of your own people that way? SMH that's some self ether. Are you doing anything to fix that?

On topic... I think the whole conditioning point of view is particular to each individual. It depends on how you were brought up, your surroundings etc. I'm pretty sure if you asked my niece those questions, she would say, "the black girl looks the prettiest because that one looks like me" or something along those lines.

So in sum, I disagree that white kids can't live through black "superheroes." I think when it comes right down to it, the persona and the skill is what matters.

Even as an adult (with knowledge of how racist this world is), I connect with the personality or persona more so than the skin color. Race doesn't really come into play with entertainment unless it's an equal playing field.

I mean it's not like white kids aren't already experiencing it with Jordan, Lebron, Tiger Woods, Anderson Silva .... Basically, all Vince needs to do is give the black wrestler the same chance, and he'll find out that the white crowd will ride with it.
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lets be sensible here. It's not about the "kids". At the end of the day its about the adults. The older generation still has to be pleased and with the percentage of white viewers far outweighing that of black ones, Vince has to cater to his main audience. The kids who might be growing up today and don't see things as white/black are not the ones putting money into WWE. They don't pay for event tickets or PPV themselves, the parents do. But at least things are changing. It's much better now than 15 years ago.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    in before stephanie & triple h child win the WHC
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shelton Benjamin
    All old white men and southern white men are racists.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shelton Benjamin
    I didn't know who Big E Langston was til I watched it on youtube. I change my vote, ? is a beast he needs to go to TNA so that he can become champ off talent and not race.
  • Anti_matter
    Anti_matter Members Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2013
    Options
    piper one of my favorites but he did have some racist ? back in the day

man, that video of reverend slick is hard to watch....they had dude sitting there with a whole bucket of KFC for himself.

• TheBossman
    edited May 2013
    Options
    MVP
    piper one of my favorites but he did have some racist ? back in the day

man, that video of reverend slick is hard to watch....they had dude sitting there with a whole bucket of KFC for himself.

lol, i know right?! he was slobbing that ? down! lol

but of all those video, the greg valentine video was by far the most racist.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    MVP
    MVP should have been WWE champion. He had the skills in the ring, charismatic, good mic skills.